ISONOMY anyone: why don't we have equal justice, what will it take to get there

Why don't we have Equality for all persons yet?

• Equal knowledge of "spiritual laws" to reduce physical mental and social ills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equal knowledge of laws, access to legal help or mediation to stop bullying and oppression

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Equal training in property and business management for credit financing and economic development

• Equal access to technology and media for communication and development

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here is the Wikipedia entry on ISONOMY.
Equal Justice Under Law is inscribed on the Supreme Court Bldg.
Why don't we have Equality for all persons, and what will it take to get there?

Isonomia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We have equal justice. We don't have equality because you can't have equality AND freedom.

Interesting!
1. how do we have equal justice when someone who can't afford legal defense loses their property to fraud (I know a woman who died while fighting this battle before she could even prove her case after the court even took away her right to petition based on mental assessments made without any doctor's records) while someone who can afford legal defense can get away with murder???
2. I consider equality to be based on equal respect for the consent of people, so everyone has an equal say. If you think that takes away freedom, it just recognizes the limits on freedom that already exist. We are free to exercise religion or speech but not to the point we abuse our neighbor and infringe there. However, if you look at spiritual freedom, then we have this more when we all agree not to violate each other's rights, so we are free from fear that other people are going to attack or abuse us. So we have freedom in that sense when we establish equal respect and base just decisions on consensus including all interests.

Thank you and please clarify what you mean by freedom, and if you can help distinguish between political freedom and spiritual freedom also!

Stop whining...you have equal access to guns.

That doesn't solve the problem of respecting people equally, which should not depend on physical force.
If it does, it is conditional, not unconditional.
When people learn to respect the law for the value in itself, then we have equal respect.
As long as people depend on imposing or enforcing unequal conditions, then we have political bullying and messes going on.

Last edited:
OK, let's hide the agenda for a few more posts...

??? what agenda are you assuming JW?

I happen to be against any policy based on white males as supposed equality or affirmative action and same with gays.

Are you confusing me with someone pushing for social justice which discriminates by class or race?

Equal justice is different. I do believe people have freedom to work with social justice VOLUNTARILY but not impose this on others, like forcing issues of gay marriage or Bibles/prayers/Crosses through courts. I believe people should respect all beliefs equally and make decisions by consensus agreements, or else separate policies and funding.

I can't tell from your pointed msgs what agenda you are assuming and against can you please explain? I would rather talk about what you believe in not what you are against unless you have a solution for it, which you BELIEVE in. Thanks!

Forum List

Back