Israel Announces New Bill That Would Ban Sharing The Gospel of Jesus Christ

What is it with religions that they have this need to be at odds with each other?
For ~2000 years, both Islam and Christianity thought it was between themselves.

Then came 1948.

Imagine their consternation at the continuance in prophecy of the Jews returning to Eretz Yisroal? They thought it was a two way fight between Christianity and Islam.

Then along came Judah. Slow walking Judah, slow talking Judah, along came a long and lanky stream of Judah back to the homeland.

By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
2.We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
3.For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
4.How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
5.If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget [her cunning].
6.If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
7.Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.
8.O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
9.Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
For the Torah attested to him, as it is said:
"then, the Lord, your God, will bring back your exiles, and He will have mercy upon you. He will once again gather you from all the nations... Even if your exiles are at the end of the heavens, the Lord, your God, will gather you from there, and He will take you from there. And the Lord, your God, will bring you... (Deuteronomy 30:3-5).
These words, explicitly stated in the Torah, include all the statements made by all the prophets.
— Maimonides, Mishneh Torah, Law of Kings 11:1-2

That's ironic considering that's considered the Holy Land. The persecution of Christians is very real. Worldwide in fact.

yep and all the paid shills of Israel like I LOVE ISRAEL SIXTYS FAN,ROUDY all seem to be quiet on this and the pposters here that Insist Israel can do no wrong that are NOT paid shills,they dont seem to have a problem with this.

Everyone is being Distracted by the Banks, Russia, Ukraine, China, Trump being Arrested, not one person is talking about what Israel and Benjamin Netanyahu, the Mossad and the Knesset is doing right now, no one, Alex Jones will never say anything, Israel is passing a Law that no one can say the Name of Jesus in Israel, First time is 1 year in Jail, If you say the name Jesus to someone who is under the age of 18 it is 2 Years in Jail, No one is reporting this. Not one person, IS REPORTING THIS ,THEY ARE SO DISTRACTED. there are over 30,000 Jews that are Christians in Israel, they will be jailing their own, No more Christians will be Allowed to Visit the Holy Land, They'll be Jailed~!!! Now the Persecution of all Christians Starts and all anyone wants to talk about is (MONEY)~! RUSSIA, TRUMP, CHINA AND BANKS, NO ONE CARES ABOUT JESUS~!!! NO ONE CARES THAT CHRITIANS ARE GOING TO BE JAILED IN ISRAEL JUST FOR SAYING~ JESUS, ALL OF THEM ARE TOO DISTRACTED~

For ~2000 years, both Islam and Christianity thought it was between themselves.

Then came 1948.

Imagine their consternation at the continuance in prophecy of the Jews returning to Eretz Yisroal? They thought it was a two way fight between Christianity and Islam.

Then along came Judah. Slow walking Judah, slow talking Judah, along came a long and lanky stream of Judah back to the homeland.

By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
2.We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
3.For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
4.How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
5.If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget [her cunning].
6.If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
7.Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.
8.O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
9.Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Where did "Judah" come from in 1948? Europe? Africa?

Where did "Judah" come from in 1948? Europe? Africa?
Judah, in an unbroken line, has been in Israel and the Middle East since the days of Moses and the concurrent diaspora. G-d brought many back, but there were Jews here as settlers and they are documented.

That's ironic considering that's considered the Holy Land. The persecution of Christians is very real. Worldwide in fact.

Oh that's delicious

So then, "Then along came Judah" isn't what you really meant?

Not at all. I meant it. Still, along came more.

Many Judah came back from the middle east, europe, etc. G-d did prophesy his 'gathering'. Many lost tribes are lost no longer. :)

Other small, ancient cultures and peoples are long gone. How has Judah escaped extinction?

G-d. If it had been left in the hands of Judah? imho... We would be gone as a people.

But G-d made it clear that he would reserve a seat at the table of Eternal Judgment for Judah.

Let's keep this in perspective though. While such legislation would be a significant breach of free speech and a slap in the face to Israel's Christian allies in the U.S. and everywhere else, it was two ultra radical orthodox Jews in the Knesset who sponsored this legislation. It did not gain legs in the Knesset and Netanyahu immediately moved to stop it.

Like everybody else, Israel has its nuts and loonies, but such people actually have essentially no power and usually gain no traction with their nuttiness and looniness. Just because America elects more than its fair share of those, we shouldn't assume all other countries are equally stupid.

imho?

The left like to jump the gun. (pun intended)

Let's keep this in perspective though. While such legislation would be a significant breach of free speech and a slap in the face to Israel's Christian allies in the U.S. and everywhere else, it was two ultra radical orthodox Jews in the Knesset who sponsored this legislation. It did not gain legs in the Knesset and Netanyahu immediately moved to stop it.

Like everybody else, Israel has its nuts and loonies, but such people actually have essentially no power and usually gain no traction with their nuttiness and looniness. Just because America elects more than its fair share of those, we shouldn't assume all other countries are equally stupid.

And there are 120 members in the Knesset. There are Arabs who hate Israel in that membership. Who vote for state dissolution in protest votes that never make it anywhere. I also can't see this 2 member bill of resolution going anywhere. It has been tried before and failed. It has never made the debate table. So the proselytizing history is pretty clear and yet it is allowed.

This is Israeli democracy. There's nothing like it in the Arab world and those Arabs in the Knesset who vote in protest votes ... for dissolution never want to leave Israel. :thup:

Many Judah came back from the middle east, europe, etc. G-d did prophesy his 'gathering'. Many lost tribes are lost no longer. :)
Israel historically prophesied gatherings, which were generally realized. For example, after Cyrus II released them to their homeland.

G-d. If it had been left in the hands of Judah? imho... We would be gone as a people.

But G-d made it clear that he would reserve a seat at the table of Eternal Judgment for Judah.
One famous Jew two thousand years ago said that there were no longer Jew nor Gentile.

The only ancient surviving small bands of people in modern history have been a scant few in isolated pockets such as in the Amazon or darkest Africa. People who never migrated or intermarried. Not the case with the Jews. But God preserved them, you say. It was a miracle.

Well, this miracle isn't convincing the rest of the world.

Not to argue but rather to debate, who are Jews today? Still descendants of Ashkenaz? Still, after thousands of years of migration and intermarriage? Can anyone prove that?

Israel historically prophesied gatherings, which were generally realized. For example, after Cyrus II released them to their homeland.

One famous Jew two thousand years ago said that there were no longer Jew nor Gentile.

Many famous Jews say many things. Most of it couched in opinion, so they are welcome to their opinions.

The only ancient surviving small bands of people in modern history have been a scant few in isolated pockets such as in the Amazon or darkest Africa. People who never migrated or intermarried. Not the case with the Jews. But God preserved them, you say. It was a miracle.

Well, this miracle isn't convincing the rest of the world.

Not to argue but rather to debate, who are Jews today? Still descendants of Ashkenaz? Still, after thousands of years of migration and intermarriage? Can anyone prove that?

I don't have to convince anyone.

Israel is created and is strong.

And I am not famous.

So, there you go. Yet Israel is recreated and strong. :dunno:
My opinion is that Israel was not recreated but rather that a different Israel was created. Perhaps a nation largely of Ashkenazi Jews who were largely descended from European women and who now themselves have no real claim to that maternal ancestry.

Modern Israel has its own prerogatives and can ban Christian proselytizing if it wants, but I don't think such legislation has any connection to ancient history. It's not the same Israel.

My opinion is that Israel was not recreated but rather that a different Israel was created. Perhaps a nation largely of Ashkenazi Jews who were largely descended from European women and who now themselves have no real claim to that maternal ancestry.

Modern Israel has its own prerogatives and can ban Christian proselytizing if it wants, but I don't think such legislation has any connection to ancient history. It's not the same Israel.

Yes, I have seen your opinion from years ago. As I said, you are welcome to it and you are not alone, but it's a small portion and Israel is created and strong, regardless of your disagreement vis-a-vis 're' in recreated. :thup:

The world is not perfect. We can but do what we can to leave it in a place more conducive to family and home.

Forum List

Back