Israel attacks civilians

Not true. Israel declared independence within the borders defined by the UN Partition resolution and after the War of Independence Israel's provisional borders were defined by the armistice agreements which were registered at the UN and were well known by everyone.

Israel lied about the partition borders. Israel blew past them like they were not even there before the start of the 1948 war.

There was no such thing as provisional borders

2. The Armistice Demarcation Line is not to be construed in any sense as a political or territorial boundary,

The Avalon Project : Egyptian-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, February 24, 1949

Provisional borders were never mentioned.

Israel did declare independence within the borders defined by the Partition resolution, but the Arab states had announced their intention to blow past their own borders and capture all the land west of the Jordan River, including the new state of Israel. The territory the Arabs had rejected as a new Arab state had no legal political status once the UN abandoned it, so it was neither legal nor illegal for Israel or the Arab states to move into it, and Israeli forces moved to stop the land grab by the Arab states before they reached Israel's borders as defined by the Partition resolution. The outcome of the War of Independence was that Egypt captured and held some of the unincorporated remnants of the former UN protectorate, Jordan captured and held some of the unincorporated remnants of the protectorate, Syria captured and held some of the unincorporated remnants of the protectorate and Israel captured some of the unincorporated remnants of the protectorate, and Syria, Jordan and Israel expanded their borders to include these lands within their national borders.

You may find the issue of Israel's borders confusing, but it is clear from the number of times the Palestinian Authority, the UN, the Arab League, the Europeans and the US have referred to Israel's pre 1967 borders that the rest of the world understands that the armistice agreements that ended Israel's War of Independence defined Israel's provisional borders before the Six Day War. Israel's present borders, including the Golan Heights and Jerusalem, are now provisional pending a final peace treaty with the Arab states.

You may find the issue of Israel's borders confusing

I don't but you seem to have a lot of trouble with it.

Do you have a link? I would like to see who is feeding you that load of crap.

Since September 2000 125 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians while 1,417 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis. Overall, 1092 Israelis and at least 6,537 Palestinians have been killed since that time.

If Americans Knew - what every American needs to know about Israel/Palestine

All of the casualties, both Israeli and Palestinian Arab, are the responsibility of the Arab terrorists and the regimes that supported them since all of the Israeli military actions that resulted in casualties were aimed at protecting Israeli citizens from terrorist hate crimes, and the Palestinian Arab casualties, always greatly exaggerated by the Arabs, placing their bases and firing positions in residential neighborhoods, in effect, using Palestinian Arab civilians as human shields.
All casualties are the result of Zionists and western corporate interests inflicting a Jewish state on a population that was two-thirds non-Jew in 1948. Israeli apartheid is currently swirling the same drain South Africa was in the 1980s, and racist apologists like you won't change today's outcome anymore than you did four decades ago.

You are confused. The Jewish state that was defined by the UN and declared by Ben Gurion in 1948 had a population of 500,000 Jews and 400,000 Arabs. In 1949, Israel as defined by the armistice agreements that ended the War of Independence, had a population of 1,013,900 Jews and 159,100 Arabs. No doubt it is your ignorance of the facts that leads you to use words you don't understand like "corporate interests", "racist" and "apartheid" to express your irrational hatreds of Israel and the US.

Israel lied about the partition borders. Israel blew past them like they were not even there before the start of the 1948 war.

There was no such thing as provisional borders

Provisional borders were never mentioned.

Israel did declare independence within the borders defined by the Partition resolution, but the Arab states had announced their intention to blow past their own borders and capture all the land west of the Jordan River, including the new state of Israel. The territory the Arabs had rejected as a new Arab state had no legal political status once the UN abandoned it, so it was neither legal nor illegal for Israel or the Arab states to move into it, and Israeli forces moved to stop the land grab by the Arab states before they reached Israel's borders as defined by the Partition resolution. The outcome of the War of Independence was that Egypt captured and held some of the unincorporated remnants of the former UN protectorate, Jordan captured and held some of the unincorporated remnants of the protectorate, Syria captured and held some of the unincorporated remnants of the protectorate and Israel captured some of the unincorporated remnants of the protectorate, and Syria, Jordan and Israel expanded their borders to include these lands within their national borders.

You may find the issue of Israel's borders confusing, but it is clear from the number of times the Palestinian Authority, the UN, the Arab League, the Europeans and the US have referred to Israel's pre 1967 borders that the rest of the world understands that the armistice agreements that ended Israel's War of Independence defined Israel's provisional borders before the Six Day War. Israel's present borders, including the Golan Heights and Jerusalem, are now provisional pending a final peace treaty with the Arab states.

A link to what specifically?

All of the casualties, both Israeli and Palestinian Arab, are the responsibility of the Arab terrorists and the regimes that supported them since all of the Israeli military actions that resulted in casualties were aimed at protecting Israeli citizens from terrorist hate crimes, and the Palestinian Arab casualties, always greatly exaggerated by the Arabs, placing their bases and firing positions in residential neighborhoods, in effect, using Palestinian Arab civilians as human shields.
All casualties are the result of Zionists and western corporate interests inflicting a Jewish state on a population that was two-thirds non-Jew in 1948. Israeli apartheid is currently swirling the same drain South Africa was in the 1980s, and racist apologists like you won't change today's outcome anymore than you did four decades ago.

You are confused. The Jewish state that was defined by the UN and declared by Ben Gurion in 1948 had a population of 500,000 Jews and 400,000 Arabs. In 1949, Israel as defined by the armistice agreements that ended the War of Independence, had a population of 1,013,900 Jews and 159,100 Arabs. No doubt it is your ignorance of the facts that leads you to use words you don't understand like "corporate interests", "racist" and "apartheid" to express your irrational hatreds of Israel and the US.
What moral authority did the UN have to inflict a Jewish state on a population that was two-thirds non-Jew?

"For political Zionism to come to fruition – for a Jewish state to be created in Palestine – it was necessary to carry out as large a scale as possible ethnic cleansing of the country’s unwanted Arab natives. But even in 1948, and especially in 1967, Israel was unable to fully ‘cleanse’ the land of the Palestinians.

"As a result, Israel’s fallback position was to implement an apartheid regime of exclusion and discrimination. Where the dispossession had been most effective – inside Israel’s pre-1967 borders –apartheid could be less explicit. But in the OPT, home to a vast majority of Palestinians, Israeli apartheid had to be overt and iron-fisted.'”

Sample « Israeli Apartheid: A Beginner's Guide

What moral authority did the UN have to inflict a Jewish state on a population that was two-thirds non-Jew?

Numbers clearly baffle you. Again, the Jewish state the UN proposed and the Israelis declared had a population of 500,000 Jews and 400,000 Arabs. I'm beginning to think that all this bitterness you are expressing comes from having failed arithmetic. Is this the case?

WOW, there is a lot there. For starters:

but the Arab states had announced their intention to blow past their own borders and capture all the land west of the Jordan River

"For political Zionism to come to fruition – for a Jewish state to be created in Palestine – it was necessary to carry out as large a scale as possible ethnic cleansing of the country’s unwanted Arab natives. But even in 1948, and especially in 1967, Israel was unable to fully ‘cleanse’ the land of the Palestinians.

"As a result, Israel’s fallback position was to implement an apartheid regime of exclusion and discrimination. Where the dispossession had been most effective – inside Israel’s pre-1967 borders –apartheid could be less explicit. But in the OPT, home to a vast majority of Palestinians, Israeli apartheid had to be overt and iron-fisted.'”

Indeed, these tracts are intended, as the title says, to seduce the slow witted and ignorant into a cabal of hatred.

but the Arab states had announced their intention to blow past their own borders and capture all the land west of the Jordan River

An October 11, 1947 report on the pan-Arab summit in the Lebanese town of Aley,[9] by Akhbar al-Yom's editor Mustafa Amin, contained an interview he held with Arab League secretary-general Azzam. Titled, "A War of Extermination," the interview read as follows (translated by Efraim Karsh; all ellipses are in the original text):

Abdul Rahman Azzam Pasha spoke to me about the horrific war that was in the offing… saying:

"I personally wish that the Jews do not drive us to this war, as this will be a war of extermination and momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Tartar massacre[10] or the Crusader wars. I believe that the number of volunteers from outside Palestine will be larger than Palestine's Arab population, for I know that volunteers will be arriving to us from [as far as] India, Afghanistan, and China to win the honor of martyrdom for the sake of Palestine … You might be surprised to learn that hundreds of Englishmen expressed their wish to volunteer in the Arab armies to fight the Jews.

"This war will be distinguished by three serious matters. First—faith: as each fighter deems his death on behalf of Palestine as the shortest road to paradise; second, [the war] will be an opportunity for vast plunder. Third, it will be impossible to contain the zealous volunteers arriving from all corners of the world to avenge the martyrdom of the Palestine Arabs, and viewing the war as dignifying every Arab and every Muslim throughout the world …

"The Arab is superior to the Jew in that he accepts defeat with a smile: Should the Jews defeat us in the first battle, we will defeat them in the second or the third battle … or the final one… whereas one defeat will shatter the Jew's morale! Most desert Arabians take pleasure in fighting. I recall being tasked with mediating a truce in a desert war (in which I participated) that lasted for nine months…While en route to sign the truce, I was approached by some of my comrades in arms who told me: 'Shame on you! You are a man of the people, so how could you wish to end the war … How can we live without war?' This is because war gives the Bedouin a sense of happiness, bliss, and security that peace does not provide! …

"I warned the Jewish leaders I met in London to desist from their policy,[11] telling them that the Arab was the mightiest of soldiers and the day he draws his weapon, he will not lay it down until firing the last bullet in the battle, and we will fire the last shot …"

He [Azzam] ended his conversation with me by saying: "I foresee the consequences of this bloody war. I see before me its horrible battles. I can picture its dead, injured, and victims … But my conscience is clear … For we are not attacking but defending ourselves, and we are not aggressors but defenders against an aggression! …"

Azzam's Genocidal Threat :: Middle East Quarterly

An October 11, 1947 report on the pan-Arab summit in the Lebanese town of Aley,[9] by Akhbar al-Yom's editor Mustafa Amin, contained an interview he held with Arab League secretary-general Azzam. Titled, "A War of Extermination," the interview read as follows (translated by Efraim Karsh; all ellipses are in the original text):

Abdul Rahman Azzam Pasha spoke to me about the horrific war that was in the offing… saying:

"I personally wish that the Jews do not drive us to this war, as this will be a war of extermination and momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Tartar massacre[10] or the Crusader wars. I believe that the number of volunteers from outside Palestine will be larger than Palestine's Arab population, for I know that volunteers will be arriving to us from [as far as] India, Afghanistan, and China to win the honor of martyrdom for the sake of Palestine … You might be surprised to learn that hundreds of Englishmen expressed their wish to volunteer in the Arab armies to fight the Jews.

"This war will be distinguished by three serious matters. First—faith: as each fighter deems his death on behalf of Palestine as the shortest road to paradise; second, [the war] will be an opportunity for vast plunder. Third, it will be impossible to contain the zealous volunteers arriving from all corners of the world to avenge the martyrdom of the Palestine Arabs, and viewing the war as dignifying every Arab and every Muslim throughout the world …

"The Arab is superior to the Jew in that he accepts defeat with a smile: Should the Jews defeat us in the first battle, we will defeat them in the second or the third battle … or the final one… whereas one defeat will shatter the Jew's morale! Most desert Arabians take pleasure in fighting. I recall being tasked with mediating a truce in a desert war (in which I participated) that lasted for nine months…While en route to sign the truce, I was approached by some of my comrades in arms who told me: 'Shame on you! You are a man of the people, so how could you wish to end the war … How can we live without war?' This is because war gives the Bedouin a sense of happiness, bliss, and security that peace does not provide! …

"I warned the Jewish leaders I met in London to desist from their policy,[11] telling them that the Arab was the mightiest of soldiers and the day he draws his weapon, he will not lay it down until firing the last bullet in the battle, and we will fire the last shot …"

He [Azzam] ended his conversation with me by saying: "I foresee the consequences of this bloody war. I see before me its horrible battles. I can picture its dead, injured, and victims … But my conscience is clear … For we are not attacking but defending ourselves, and we are not aggressors but defenders against an aggression! …"

Azzam's Genocidal Threat :: Middle East Quarterly

I didn't see your quote in there.

Numbers clearly baffle you. Again, the Jewish state the UN proposed and the Israelis declared had a population of 500,000 Jews and 400,000 Arabs. I'm beginning to think that all this bitterness you are expressing comes from having failed arithmetic. Is this the case?
Is English a second language for you?

In 1948 the total population of Mandate Palestine included 600,000 Jews and 1.2 million Arabs and others opposed to turning over half the land in Palestine to one third of the population. If you're still confused, maybe remedial reading comprehension classes would be useful.

Indeed, these tracts are intended, as the title says, to seduce the slow witted and ignorant into a cabal of hatred.
If a cult of self-proclaimed "chosen" people killed your family and stole your land, would you be slow witted and ignorant enough to forgive them?

David Ben-Gurion made it clear in 1938 that a "partial Jewish state" was a tactical concession in the Jews' historic efforts to redeem the land in its entirety.

"In a meeting of the Jewish leadership in 1938, Ben Gurion shared his assumption that ‘after we build up a strong force following the establishment of the state – we will abolish the partition of the country and we will expand to the whole Land of Israel.'”

Mission Accomplished?

If a cult of self-proclaimed "chosen" people killed your family and stole your land, would you be slow witted and ignorant enough to forgive them?

David Ben-Gurion made it clear in 1938 that a "partial Jewish state" was a tactical concession in the Jews' historic efforts to redeem the land in its entirety.

"In a meeting of the Jewish leadership in 1938, Ben Gurion shared his assumption that ‘after we build up a strong force following the establishment of the state – we will abolish the partition of the country and we will expand to the whole Land of Israel.'”

Mission Accomplished?

As I said before these tracts are designed to seduce the slow witted and ignorant, and now you're proving I'm right again.

In 1948 the total population of Mandate Palestine included 600,000 Jews and 1.2 million Arabs and others opposed to turning over half the land in Palestine to one third of the population. If you're still confused, maybe remedial reading comprehension classes would be useful.

You may imagine that 1,200,000 Arabs shared your irrational hatred of Israel, but the evidence is that most of the Arabs had no strong objections to a Jewish state, but were frightened by the Arab leaders and the Arab Liberation Army into fleeing from their homes. One of the reasons the Israelis did so well in the war was that only a few thousands of the 1,200,000 Arabs in the territory chose to fight. So there is no basis for believing the Arabs in the territories shared the opinions of the Arab leaders regarding a Jewish state or that they shared your irrational hatred of Israel.

I understand you have trouble thinking for yourself, but any reasonable person understands that the UN did not create the Jewish state of Israel; it proposed a Jewish state and an Arab state and then left the outcome up to the people living west of the Jordan River. Once the British left and no other country was willing and able to take responsibility for the protectorate, the Jews would have created the state of Israel regardless of what the UN did. The Jews were highly motivated to create Israel, but the Arabs, despite the ability of their leaders to rouse them to anti Jewish frenzies from time to time, showed no sustained ambition to create another Arab state or to resist the creation of a Jewish state.

OK, let's try this again.

...capture all the land west of the Jordan River, including the new state of Israel.

Where was this new state of Israel that the Arabs tried to capture in 1948? Do you have a map?

Mission Accomplished?

As I said before these tracts are designed to seduce the slow witted and ignorant, and now you're proving I'm right again.
You're proving your irrational arrogance and knee-jerk support for ethnic cleansing.
What do you imagine Ben-Gurion meant by the whole Land of Israel?
Do you have a map?

You may imagine that 1,200,000 Arabs shared your irrational hatred of Israel, but the evidence is that most of the Arabs had no strong objections to a Jewish state, but were frightened by the Arab leaders and the Arab Liberation Army into fleeing from their homes. One of the reasons the Israelis did so well in the war was that only a few thousands of the 1,200,000 Arabs in the territory chose to fight. So there is no basis for believing the Arabs in the territories shared the opinions of the Arab leaders regarding a Jewish state or that they shared your irrational hatred of Israel.

I understand you have trouble thinking for yourself, but any reasonable person understands that the UN did not create the Jewish state of Israel; it proposed a Jewish state and an Arab state and then left the outcome up to the people living west of the Jordan River. Once the British left and no other country was willing and able to take responsibility for the protectorate, the Jews would have created the state of Israel regardless of what the UN did. The Jews were highly motivated to create Israel, but the Arabs, despite the ability of their leaders to rouse them to anti Jewish frenzies from time to time, showed no sustained ambition to create another Arab state or to resist the creation of a Jewish state.
What's your (imaginary) evidence that "most Arabs had no strong objections to a Jewish state?" Zionists were never secretive about their plans for Greater Israel. The UN proposal to turn over half the land of Palestine to a minority which owned less that seven percent of the land and made up one-third of the population confirmed Arab suspicions of an impending Nakba.

Even ignorant racist imaginations should be able to fathom how the fear of territorial displacement and dispossession drove a majority of Arabs to oppose a Jewish state; particularly since Palestinian Arabs had seen the Jewish population of Palestine triple since the end of WWI.

I understand you're little more than a shill for Israel; however, any reasonable person understands the Jewish state would not exist today without the UN and western imperial interests driving its creation.

What's your (imaginary) evidence that "most Arabs had no strong objections to a Jewish state?" Zionists were never secretive about their plans for Greater Israel. The UN proposal to turn over half the land of Palestine to a minority which owned less that seven percent of the land and made up one-third of the population confirmed Arab suspicions of an impending Nakba.

Even ignorant racist imaginations should be able to fathom how the fear of territorial displacement and dispossession drove a majority of Arabs to oppose a Jewish state; particularly since Palestinian Arabs had seen the Jewish population of Palestine triple since the end of WWI.

I understand you're little more than a shill for Israel; however, any reasonable person understands the Jewish state would not exist today without the UN and western imperial interests driving its creation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm7dMhE80dw]Alnakba English P1 - YouTube[/ame]

Let's dispense with this arab agitprop drivel and recall the memorable words of Winnie Churchill "So far from being persecuted, the Arabs have crowded into the country and multiplied until their population has increased more than even all world Jewry could lift up the Jewish population." Cool.

AL-KHALIL, (PIC)-- Israeli occupation forces (IOF) violently dispersed Palestinians and foreign activists while trying to plant olive trees in Beit Ummar village in Al-Khalil on Saturday.

Yousef Abu Mariya, the coordinator of Beit Ummar’s popular committee, said that the soldiers quelled the local and foreign activists while trying to plant trees in a land previously bulldozed by those soldiers near the Karmi Tzur settlement.

He said that the soldiers fired stun grenades and tear gas at the activists and even beat them.

Abu Mariya said that the soldiers arrested anti settlement activist Nasser Abu Farha and two French activists.

IOF soldiers arrest Palestinian, two French activists

Forum List

Back