Israel dismisses 2 officers over deadly drone strikes on aid workers in Gaza

I'll have a more thorough response, but for now ...

YES! It is an extremely dangerous game to play. What I don't understand is why you think Israel is the only one playing it. Or, worse, why Israel is the only one responsible for playing it.
Israel is the power in control of Gaza and Gazaā€™s future now, like it or not. That is a reality. It isnā€™t anything forced on Israel by other nations but necessitated most immediately by events and proximity.

Israel has clearly stated what it will not accept. It has de facto veto power (by nature of its military control) over any plans it does not like. That makes Israel the primary player and decision maker. Because it controls the territory now, primary responsibility for what happens next is on Israel. The Gaza Palestinians will be responsible for what they do within whatever framework is decided. They have no power at this time. Other states have a limited ability to influence Israel (even the U.S.).

Is Israel the only one playing this game? As long as it determines the conditions and controls the battlefield, it doesnā€™t really matter.

Hamas is playing a waiting game for its survival, but it is not in control of the outcome because it cannot be allowed to survive.

Itā€™s on Israel to fill the vacuum it created when it drove Hamas out or deal with consequences if it doesnā€™t because it most affects Israelā€™s security and international standing.

Iā€™ll go back to a prior example, the US and Afghanistan and Iraq. Primary responsibility was on the US to not allow a power vacuum. I donā€™t recall anyone saying we were singled out or that it was unfair.

Hard disagree. Easy. The parameters were: "to leave and then actually leaving":
  • Remove all military forces from the territory.
  • Remove all government and administrative control within the territory.
  • Establish a mutually recognized border and implement border controls.
  • Bonus condition: Ethnically cleanse the territory.
Reciprocal conditions:
  • End all forms of belligerence against the party leaving the territory.

That's it.
The problem is that HAMAS and the 75% of Palestinians who support the October 7th massacre will never end their belligerence toward Israel and the Jews.

Theyā€™ve had opportunity before, with Israel granting them their own land in exchange for peace, and they rejected it. Thatā€™s because of the condition that the Palestinians (if there is such a thing) acknowledge Israelā€™s right to exist. That was a deal-breaker for them becsuse their goal is NOT their own state - but destruction of Israel.

On an aside, Bidenā€™s sharp turn to make Israel look like the bad guys - to win the votes of anti-Israel and increasingly anti-America Muslims in Michigan - is appalling.

The majority of Americans are still on Israelā€™s side, especially when you factor out the young, ignorant, gullible people in their 20s.

A recent Gallop poll shows that only 27% of Americansā€˜ sympathies lie with the Palestinians, despite the media propaganda.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/611375/americans-views-israel-palestinian-authority-down.aspx#:~:text=The%20conflict%20between%20Israel%20and%20the%20Palestinians&text=Americans'%20opinions%20of%20the%20Israeli,an%20opinion%20are%20not%20shown.
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americansā€™ opinions of both Israel and the Palestinian Authority have worsened in the past year amid escalating tensions between the two sides since last fall. Fifty-eight percent of Americans, down from 68% last year, have a ā€œveryā€ or ā€œmostly favorableā€ view of Israel. This is the lowest favorable rating for Israel in over two decades. At the same time, positive opinions of the Palestinian Authority have dropped from 26% to 18%, the lowest since 2015.

The majority of Americans are still on Israelā€™s side, especially when you factor out the young, ignorant, gullible people in their 20s.

A recent Gallop poll shows that only 27% of Americansā€˜ sympathies lie with the Palestinians, despite the media propaganda.
The normalization of genocide is what U.S. Airman Aaron Bushnell was protesting when he set himself alight, February 28. Airman Aaron Bushnell, of blessed memory, self-immolated to protest that upon which Galloway secured his victory in Rochdale: Israelā€™s war on Gaza.

Bushnell died horrifically, yet heroically, like a manā€”calm and rationalā€”as he recited his reason for self-immolation: ā€œI will no longer be complicit in genocide. This is what our ruling class has decided is the new normal.ā€ Airman Bushnell was driven not by mental disease, but by a morally depraved society that supports de facto terrorist state Israel, with American moral imprimatur, its money and materiel.

Gaza: What If America Were the Good Guy? - LewRockwell
IMG_4227.jpeg

Hard disagree. Easy. The parameters were: "to leave and then actually leaving":
  • Remove all military forces from the territory.
  • Remove all government and administrative control within the territory.
  • Establish a mutually recognized border and implement border controls.
  • Bonus condition: Ethnically cleanse the territory.
Reciprocal conditions:
  • End all forms of belligerence against the party leaving the territory.

That's it.
What do you mean by that?

The problem is that HAMAS and the 75% of Palestinians who support the October 7th massacre will never end their belligerence toward Israel and the Jews.

Theyā€™ve had opportunity before, with Israel granting them their own land in exchange for peace, and they rejected it. Thatā€™s because of the condition that the Palestinians (if there is such a thing) acknowledge Israelā€™s right to exist. That was a deal-breaker for them becsuse their goal is NOT their own state - but destruction of Israel.

On an aside, Bidenā€™s sharp turn to make Israel look like the bad guys - to win the votes of anti-Israel and increasingly anti-America Muslims in Michigan - is appalling.
Yeah because mass murdering tens of innocent women and children doesnā€™t make you a bad guy, but only if youā€™re Israel.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/611375/americans-views-israel-palestinian-authority-down.aspx#:~:text=The%20conflict%20between%20Israel%20and%20the%20Palestinians&text=Americans'%20opinions%20of%20the%20Israeli,an%20opinion%20are%20not%20shown.
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americansā€™ opinions of both Israel and the Palestinian Authority have worsened in the past year amid escalating tensions between the two sides since last fall. Fifty-eight percent of Americans, down from 68% last year, have a ā€œveryā€ or ā€œmostly favorableā€ view of Israel. This is the lowest favorable rating for Israel in over two decades. At the same time, positive opinions of the Palestinian Authority have dropped from 26% to 18%, the lowest since 2015.
Yes, because of the libersl media propoganda against Israel - with their ā€œgenocideā€ lie.

And regardless, the majority still support Israel. Only 27% are on the Palestiniansā€™ side. And as I said, factor out the young people being brainwashed at the Universities where the Arabs have infiltrated, with their anti-Israel rhetoric, and even more support Israel against the Palestinians.

Yeah because mass murdering tens of innocent women and children doesnā€™t make you a bad guy, but only if youā€™re Israel.
Yeah, and as the poll shows, most Americans are smart enough not to fall for your antisemitic propoganda.

Why arenā€™t you demonizing Ukraine for mass murdering thousands of innocent Russian civilians? Oh rightā€¦..theyā€™re not Jews.

70% supported the War in Iraq at one point... Today no one thinks it was a good idea. Keep pulling dead Pali kids out of the Rubble, that 27% will grow.

The problem is, any peace deal is contingent on them acquiesing to Zionist THEFT and GENOCIDE.

Not sure why anyone would go for that.

Here's the better question. Why are the Jews so keen on living next to people who want to kill them. Let's leave aside whether their reasoning for wanting to kill the Jews is reasonable or not. If my neighbors wanted to kill me, I wouldn't care if they had good reason, I'd just MOVE.

The problem is, any peace deal is contingent on them acquiesing to Zionist THEFT and GENOCIDE.

Not sure why anyone would go for that.

Here's the better question. Why are the Jews so keen on living next to people who want to kill them. Let's leave aside whether their reasoning for wanting to kill the Jews is reasonable or not. If my neighbors wanted to kill me, I wouldn't care if they had good reason, I'd just MOVE.
The Zionist doesnā€™t think that way. They believe they are Godā€™s chosen people. As such, they believe the land is given to them from above, and anyone who opposes them must die.

70% supported the War in Iraq at one point... Today no one thinks it was a good idea. Keep pulling dead Pali kids out of the Rubble, that 27% will grow.
The stat is likely propaganda. I suspect far more Americans oppose Israelā€™s genocide.

That is a good point about no one today supporting the heinous Iraq War. I believe many who support Israelā€™s genocide today, will deny they did once the truth is well known. Lisa is a likely exception.

The Zionist doesnā€™t think that way. They believe they are Godā€™s chosen people. As such, they believe the land is given to them from above, and anyone who opposes them must die.
Yes i have my eye on a nice little farm South of Oslo, my ancestors came from the area over a thousand years ago, if i tried to claim it i would be sent to a mental home.

The stat is likely propaganda. I suspect far more Americans oppose Israelā€™s genocide.

That is a good point about no one today supporting the heinous Iraq War. I believe many who support Israelā€™s genocide today, will deny they did once the truth is well known. Lisa is a likely exception.
They are probably the same ones who supported the Nazi Apartheid Regime in South Africa then once Mandela was free they were all is best friend, Israel actually did support Apartheid South Africa, that says it all.

So the Gallup poll shows that most Americans side with Israel, and only 27% with the HAMAS supporting GAZANS, andā€¦.drum rollā€¦.you call the stat propaganda.

Itā€™s true that Biden might have gained votes from the Muslims shouting ā€œDeath to America!ā€ - but he likely gained more votes from good Americans.

So the Gallup poll shows that most Americans side with Israel, and only 27% with the HAMAS supporting GAZANS, andā€¦.drum rollā€¦.you call the stat propaganda.

Itā€™s true that Biden might have gained votes from the Muslims shouting ā€œDeath to America!ā€ - but he likely gained more votes from good Americans.
Actually, most Americans are probably sick of wars in the Middle East.

The fact Republicans could hold up aid to the Zionist Entity without worrying about it says a lot.

No good American supports your genocide.

Forum List

Back