🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israel Helps Feed The World

God bless Israel
t0803.gif

A British missionary who lived in Beirut and visited Palestine in 1859 described the southern coastal area as "a very ocean of wheat," and the British Consul in Jerusalem, James Finn, reported that "the fields would do credit to British farming."(5)

The German geographer Alexander Scholch concluded that between 1856 and 1882 "Palestine produced a relatively large agricultural surplus which was marketed in neighboring countries, such as Egypt and Lebanon, and increasingly exported to Europe. These exports included wheat, barley, dura, maise, sesame, olive oil, soap, oranges, vegetables and cotton. Among the European importers of Palestinian produce were France, England, Turkey, Greece, Italy and Malta."(6)

Lawrence Oliphant, who visited Palestine in 1887, wrote that Palestine's Valley of Esdraelon was "a huge green lake of waving wheat, with its village-crowned mounds rising from it like islands; and it presents one of the most striking pictures of luxuriant fertility which it is possible to conceive."(7) This Palestinian wheat had historically played an important part in international commerce. According to Paul Masson, a French economic historian, "wheat shipments from the Palestinian port of Acre had helped to save southern France from famine on numerous occasions in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries."(8)

Agricultural techniques in Palestine, especially in citriculture, were among the most advanced in the world long before the first Zionist settlers came to its shores. In 1856, the American consul in Jerusalem, Henry Gillman, "outlined reasons why orange growers in Florida would find it advantageous to adopt Palestinian techniques of grafting directly onto lemon trees."^ In 1893, the British Consul advised his government of the value of importing "young trees procured from Jaffa" to improve production in Australia and South Africa.(10)

Chapter 2: Encyclopedia of the Palestine Problem

From TINNIE
Lawrence Oliphant, who visited Palestine in 1887, wrote that Palestine's Valley of Esdraelon was "a huge green lake of waving wheat, with its village-crowned mounds rising from it like islands; and it presents one of the most striking pictures of luxuriant fertility which it is possible to conceive."(7) This Palestinian wheat had historically played an important part in international commerce. According to Paul Masson, a French economic historian, "wheat shipments from the Palestinian port of Acre had helped to save southern France from famine on numerous occasions in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries."(8)

Thank you so much tinnie----the "valley of esdraelon" is the bibilical
valley of Jezreel It was part of the OTTOMAN EMPIRE----and for
a time tenant farmers lived on it----but in the 1800s it was sold
to a lebanese christian family----which allowed jewish farming
settlement there -----in the 1800s-----then the same family
sold the valley to the JEWISH NATIONAL FUND Sorry----
the persons who call themselves "palestinians" never owned it---
sometimes they were workers on it Jews owned it long before 1948

It seems it was always known as a very fertile wheat producing
valley. What point were your struggling to make?

From TINNIE

Interesting. Who did the Ottomans buy it from?

In the 1870s, the Sursock family of Beirut (present-day Lebanon) purchased the land from the Ottoman government for approximately £20,000. Between 1912 and 1925 the Sursock family (then under the French Mandate of Syria) sold their 80,000 acres (320 km²) of land in the Vale of Jezreel to the American Zion Commonwealth for about nearly three quarters of a million pounds, who purchased the land for Jewish resettlement[13] and the Jewish National Fund.[14]
British Mandate

Following these sales, the 8 000 Arab farmers who lived in 22 villages working for the absentee landowners were evicted.

Jezreel Valley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How many of those villages predated the Ottoman Empire?

From TINNIE

Interesting. Who did the Ottomans buy it from?

In the 1870s, the Sursock family of Beirut (present-day Lebanon) purchased the land from the Ottoman government for approximately £20,000. Between 1912 and 1925 the Sursock family (then under the French Mandate of Syria) sold their 80,000 acres (320 km²) of land in the Vale of Jezreel to the American Zion Commonwealth for about nearly three quarters of a million pounds, who purchased the land for Jewish resettlement[13] and the Jewish National Fund.[14]
British Mandate

Following these sales, the 8 000 Arab farmers who lived in 22 villages working for the absentee landowners were evicted.

Jezreel Valley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How many of those villages predated the Ottoman Empire?

The nation of Israel predates the Ottoman Empire.

A British missionary who lived in Beirut and visited Palestine in 1859 described the southern coastal area as "a very ocean of wheat," and the British Consul in Jerusalem, James Finn, reported that "the fields would do credit to British farming."(5)

The German geographer Alexander Scholch concluded that between 1856 and 1882 "Palestine produced a relatively large agricultural surplus which was marketed in neighboring countries, such as Egypt and Lebanon, and increasingly exported to Europe. These exports included wheat, barley, dura, maise, sesame, olive oil, soap, oranges, vegetables and cotton. Among the European importers of Palestinian produce were France, England, Turkey, Greece, Italy and Malta."(6)

Agricultural techniques in Palestine, especially in citriculture, were among the most advanced in the world long before the first Zionist settlers came to its shores. In 1856, the American consul in Jerusalem, Henry Gillman, "outlined reasons why orange growers in Florida would find it advantageous to adopt Palestinian techniques of grafting directly onto lemon trees."^ In 1893, the British Consul advised his government of the value of importing "young trees procured from Jaffa" to improve production in Australia and South Africa.(10)

Why, Tinnie, how do we know that it wasn't the Jews responsible for this since the Jews were called the Palestinians at that time. Now perhaps you can tell us of any Muslim country of today that has agricultural experts, like Israel does, going to poor countries and helping them better their food production? Surely your "brilliant" friends in Hamas must have figured out a way of doing so since there are many, for example, poor Muslim countries in Africa. Do you think your friends can help out with dairy farming in other countries?
Milking Israel?s dairy expertise in Vietnam | ISRAEL21c

The first school of agriculture in palestine was created by jews----and I believe that one
goes back to the 1800s-----but not sure---it could be early 1900s will google.
In any case----the JEZREEEL VALLEY was owned first by the OTTOMANS---
but then sold in the 1800s to a LEBANESE CHRISTIAN FAMILY which allowed
jews to settle on it for farming purposes and then sold the whole thing to
the Jewish national fund-----that means---the LAND TRUST held presently by Israel.
It was the bread basket of Israel since biblical times

Oh---now I remember---Jerusalem was known as a grain trade center----and Bethlehem---
which is ---I believe---nearby to the Jezreel valley ------means beit lechem---HOUSE OF
BREAD so the whole area was big on grain. Lets thank tinnie for bringing
this history to our attention

I am all for Israel increasing it's value by improving infrastructure and private industry.

So it will turn key ready when the arabs take over........ :thup:

Spoken like a true ass licker of the rapist pig------that holy TAKE OVER
approach-----kill the men---rape the women---enslave the children and
steal the gold and the land Just like at Khaybar and Yathrib-----
IT IS THE WILL OF THE KHARAH "god"

I read the book when I was about 20 I was used to reading classical
stuff-----the ODYSSEY ---uhm the ILIAD---etc etc epic stories----
I was waiting for some sort of CHARACTER DEVELOPEMENT------or some
apparent theme-------but nothing happened other than pillage, rape,
and more murder with the lesson being ITS A GOOD IDEA, ITS GOOD
FOR YOU........somehow

I am all for Israel increasing it's value by improving infrastructure and private industry.

You mean like how the animals destroyed all the greenhouses and agricultural infrastructure left behind when the Jews left Gaza? But you gotta give credit where credit is due. Jews were productive and constructive and good at building, Muslims in turn destructive and good at killing and destroying. It's like a yin yang thing. LOL

Spoken like a true ass licker of the rapist pig------that holy TAKE OVER
approach-----kill the men---rape the women---enslave the children and
steal the gold and the land Just like at Khaybar and Yathrib-----
IT IS THE WILL OF THE KHARAH "god"

I read the book when I was about 20 I was used to reading classical
stuff-----the ODYSSEY ---uhm the ILIAD---etc etc epic stories----
I was waiting for some sort of CHARACTER DEVELOPEMENT------or some
apparent theme-------but nothing happened other than pillage, rape,
and more murder with the lesson being ITS A GOOD IDEA, ITS GOOD
FOR YOU........somehow
I wonder if the good convert Sunni Man can convince his oil-rich Sunni brethren who have built enough palaces for themselves along with funding terrorist groups that they should also attend these conferences so that they can send representatives to their poor Muslim brethren to help them feed themselves. Surely the good convert must cringe when he see his fellow Muslims dropping dead in the roads of starvation, like in the poor country of Somalia. With all of Sunni Man's big talk, he himself probably doesn't send a dime to UNICEF to help the poor Muslim children in these poverty-stricken Muslim countries where people wonder where their next meal is coming from.

Palestinian farmers from Gaza attend Israeli trade conference

Israel facilitated a visit by fifty-three Palestinian farmers from the Gaza Strip to an agricultural conference in southern Israel's Arava region last week. "We will continue to put effort into preserving the agricultural relations, despite Hamas' efforts to damage the connections," Lt. Col. Avi Shalev, Head of the Economic Branch of the Gaza Coordination and Liaison Administration (CLA.) "The connection is in the interests of both sides, and we are careful to separate between terror targets in the [Gaza] Strip and the productive civilian sphere - which is important to preserve."

As I told you before nitwit.

UNICEF is a western organization; and No, I'd never send them a nickel.

Because there are plenty of legal Islamic relief organizations here in the U.S.

CAIR is one, ICNA and MAS are my favorites.......... :cool:

What means "western organization"? you express yourself like ----a person
from the Indian subcontinent or the vicinity Unicef is not "legal" ?

did you know that CAIR was actually originated by SADAAM HUSSEIN? It was
a baathist project ----had a different name back then----something involving
'american friends of arab countries" or something like that---it was an
ARABIST thing. I ran into its---AGENT way back in 1964 he died about ten
years ago -----something like muhummad or mahmoud mehdi or maybe
medhi ?? CAIR SUCKS like sadaam ----the mehdi person was an
oily unctuous slob

Last edited:

Look who is calling who a nitwit -- The Grand Nitwit himself. Of course, Sunni Man doesn't want to admit that UNICEF and C.A.R.E. help his own poor newly-adopted brethren wherever they need it throughout the Muslim world. He would rather see them go hungry and without medical care as long as he can vomit out about Western organizations. Why do you live in the West, Sunni Man? You probably would be more comfortable living in a Muslim country. As far as C.A.I.R. is concerned, wasn't that wonderful, Sunni Man, how one of the leaders of C.A.I.R. stated that the Muslims are here in the U,S. not to follow the Constitution, but Sharia Law?

Why, Tinnie, how do we know that it wasn't the Jews responsible for this since the Jews were called the Palestinians at that time. Now perhaps you can tell us of any Muslim country of today that has agricultural experts, like Israel does, going to poor countries and helping them better their food production? Surely your "brilliant" friends in Hamas must have figured out a way of doing so since there are many, for example, poor Muslim countries in Africa. Do you think your friends can help out with dairy farming in other countries?
Milking Israel?s dairy expertise in Vietnam | ISRAEL21c

Gaza Mom » Gaza; settlements; Israel; Hamas; agriculture

Forum List

Back