Israel orders partial demolition of Palestinian school

Gee, you mean that all those in the U.S. now who have come from different places and the rest of the American citizens whose ancestors also came from other countries are no longer to consider themselves as Italian Americans, Chinese Americans, etc. because they have adopted the English languyage of their choice.

Well notice that you put "American" at the end of each of those. First generation immigrants will usually identify very strongly with their homelands, but second and third generation may do so much less, if at all. Of course some have great pride in their family's history and that is where the cultural common roots aspect of ethnicity comes into play as I mentioned previously, but for many they would consider themselves American first.

It's interesting that you would bring up the US, because we are actually pretty unique in this social sense. We really are the exception to the general rule (and maybe Canada too). Our ability to be extremely diverse yet all still be American and considered to be in the same social class is one reason why our country is so amazing and one of the big reasons why I am so proud to be an American. Most of the world historically and even currently isn't set up that way socially. We truly did "bring forth a new nation". So pointing to the US as an example of traditional social constructions doesn't really work well.

And being what is going on in Egypt right now, I doubt the Christian Copts here consider themselves as Arabs since it is the Arab Muslims who are saying the Copts are the outsiders and shouldn't be in Egypt.

The existence of Sectarianism doesn't negate ethnic association (though it can over time and the example of Arab Jews is a good one there). It might reinforce their common history and Coptic tradition, but at this point they share a huge common history with Arab Muslims As well as a common language as well.

My Christian Arab friends would be quite offended at the idea that they weren't Arab because they were Christian. Such a notion dismisses large and significant portions of Arab history. Iraq for example used to be predominately Arab Nestorian Christian, and Arab Jewish. Arab Muslims came in third place in terms of religious affiliation for some time.

Also Arab is a pretty fluid term, One can be Arab and still be Egyptian, one can be Arab and still be Palestinian, one can be Arab and still be Bedouin, or Jewish (less so now), or Nubian, or even Kurdish (also less so now) and Somali.

Take one of the best known "Arab" Muslims of all time to us in the west as an example: Saladin, the taker of Jerusalem. He was Kurdish. His family became Arab through Arabization. He was a Kurdish Arab.

I am not, nor am I Muslim.

Having an opinion on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict doesn't make on an Arab or Muslim.

Are you an Arab since you're talking about the issue? Seems a bit silly to assume such a thing.

Have you made any comments, Osimir, since you have many forums here to do so, on what is happening in Tunisia, Yemen, Egypt, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Mali, etc.

Yes. In fact my specialty is Sub-Saharan Africa.

What is to important to you about Israel when so much is happening (and many atrocities occurring) in other parts of the world?

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is a huge geo-political issue and a very long running run. Anyone interested in international affairs has come into contact with it, I'm no exception. My interest in it is based in the humanitarian and legal issues surrounding it. It is also interesting in terms of its history, its political and economic impacts regionally and globally and its role in terrorism and subsequently in counter terrorism efforts.

I think a better question is why would someone who is interested in global issues not be interested in the Israeli-Palestinian issue?
Let me put it this way, Osimir. If someone is really interested in global issues, he would also be posting on several of the other forums available here. He would even be discussing what is happening in Egypt, Syria and the other Middle East countries on this particular forum, which you don't seem to do. You bring up the Kurds, but have you ever discussed on a forum that there are many millions of Kurds and they deserve to have their own state? Have you gotten on the Asia forum and discussed what is happened in Tibet or in Pakistan? Have you gotten on the Africa forum and discussed what is happening in several of the African countries. especially those which involve your specialty? When people just stick on a forum when it comes to Israel and the Jews,. it tells an awful lot about that poster. By the way, you can talk to all the Christian Copts you want to, but the bottom line is that they are very aware of what is going on in Egypt with regard to their fellow Copts and are certainly not too happy about it. Moreover, I think it is a shame that the Muslims can immigrate to all areas of the world and then so many of them refuse to assimilate and even have their no-go areas where they don't want others to enter. Since you brought up the :"Arab" Jews, perhaps you will find the following interesting.
Who is an Arab Jew? by Albert Memmi

Its funny when extremists whine and bitch about folks choosing to make the Israel Palestine conflict their choice of issue.

poor babies. :(

So let's see,

Israel demolishes Palestinian buildings because they didn't have a building permit.

Meanwhile, Israel is giving retro-active building permits to JEWISH settlements that were built without any permits.

Meanwhile, Israel allows settlements to exist even though it knows many of them were built on STOLEN land.

And the extremists yell and bitch when Israel is called a racist state.

Its funny when extremists whine and bitch about folks choosing to make the Israel Palestine conflict their choice of issue.

poor babies. :(
It is rather humorous watching two-bit anti-Semites operate. They actually are stupid enough to believe that other posters and viewers are not onto their game. Of course it is obvious that they are not really interested in what is going on elsewhere in the world if the Jews are not involved for them to blame. If thousands and thousands of innocent people were killed every day, it would not interest them at all. Poor baby Hoffstra, looks like she couldn't get a date to take her to Fire Island or the Hamptons for the Labor Day weekend so she is feeling frustrated.

Let me put it this way, Osimir. If someone is really interested in global issues, he would also be posting on several of the other forums available here.

Right. I do.

He would even be discussing what is happening in Egypt, Syria and the other Middle East countries on this particular forum, which you don't seem to do.

Then you haven't read all of the threads.

You bring up the Kurds, but have you ever discussed on a forum that there are many millions of Kurds and they deserve to have their own state?

Have you ever discussed the National Liberation Front of Tripura? No? Well then clearly you're just some guy who has it out for Arabs. I mean, that's how it works right? If you haven't made a thread about every other international issue I get to label you bias on any subject I'd like to right?

Come on, you have to admit that's a bit silly.

Have you gotten on the Asia forum and discussed what is happened in Tibet or in Pakistan?

No, those forums are pretty slow, as is the Africa one, not much discussion to be had there. I have talked about China though on several occasions and Pakistan as well in other forums though.

What's with your persecution complex? What's with the immediate desire to make up a bunch of assumptions about everyone you are talking with?

First I must be an Arab -> wrong

Then I must be Muslim -> wrong

Then I must only be interested in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict -> Incredibly wrong

Now I must have never made posts about any other international subject -> Wrong

You're not on a very hot streak here.

If I made posts only about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict don't you think you would have run into me before now given my post count? ;)

Have you gotten on the Africa forum and discussed what is happening in several of the African countries. especially those which involve your specialty?

Yes.

When people just stick on a forum when it comes to Israel and the Jews,. it tells an awful lot about that poster.

And it tells an awful lot about a poster when they are so insecure in their own argument that they have to divert the conversation to baseless and intellectually dishonest accusations.

By the way, you can talk to all the Christian Copts you want to, but the bottom line is that they are very aware of what is going on in Egypt with regard to their fellow Copts and are certainly not too happy about it.

Who said they were happy about it? :confused:

So is trying to attack my credibility really the only way that you can attempt to defend your argument? Pretty telling.

Let me know when you feel like talking about the actual thread topic.

Last edited:
Let me put it this way, Osimir. If someone is really interested in global issues, he would also be posting on several of the other forums available here.

Right. I do.

He would even be discussing what is happening in Egypt, Syria and the other Middle East countries on this particular forum, which you don't seem to do.

Then you haven't read all of the threads.

Have you ever discussed the National Liberation Front of Tripura? No? Well then clearly you're just some guy who has it out for Arabs. I mean, that's how it works right? If you haven't made a thread about every other international issue I get to label you bias on any subject I'd like to right?

Come on, you have to admit that's a bit silly.

No, those forums are pretty slow, as is the Africa one, not much discussion to be had there. I have talked about China though on several occasions and Pakistan as well in other forums though.

What's with your persecution complex? What's with the immediate desire to make up a bunch of assumptions about everyone you are talking with?

First I must be an Arab -> wrong

Then I must be Muslim -> wrong

Then I must only be interested in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict -> Incredibly wrong

Now I must have never made posts about any other international subject -> Wrong

You're not on a very hot streak here.

If I made posts only about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict don't you think you would have run into me before now given my post count? ;)

Yes.

When people just stick on a forum when it comes to Israel and the Jews,. it tells an awful lot about that poster.

And it tells an awful lot about a poster when they are so insecure in their own argument that they have to divert the conversation to baseless and intellectually dishonest accusations.

By the way, you can talk to all the Christian Copts you want to, but the bottom line is that they are very aware of what is going on in Egypt with regard to their fellow Copts and are certainly not too happy about it.

Who said they were happy about it? :confused:

So is trying to attack my credibility really the only way that you can attempt to defend your argument? Pretty telling.

Let me know when you feel like talking about the actual thread topic.
You can blabber on and on, Osimir, but where oh where are your posts on the other forums here -- such as Africa, Asia and what is happening in the other Middle East countries. Are we getting a little Taqiyya here? No doubt those who read all the other forums on the USMessateBoard on a regular basis will notice that Osimir here really has nothing to say while he just basically concentrates on Israel and the Palestinians. Forget what is happening to other people in this world!!! The Jews are not involved so why waste time on all the other forums??? By the way, Osimir, when you bring up "persecution complex" no doubt you are referring to Jews. Perhaps it would surprise you that I am not a Jew. Do you really think only Jews are for Israel. There are even Muslims for Israel. Would you tell these people that they have a persecution complex" because they stick up for Israel?

You can blabber on and on, Osimir, but where oh where are your posts on the other forums here -- such as Africa, Asia and what is happening in the other Middle East countries. Are we getting a little Taqiyya here? No doubt those who read all the other forums on the USMessateBoard on a regular basis will notice that Osimir here really has nothing to say while he just basically concentrates on Israel and the Palestinians. Forget what is happening to other people in this world!!! The Jews are not involved so why waste time on all the other forums??? By the way, Osimir, when you bring up "persecution complex" no doubt you are referring to Jews. Perhaps it would surprise you that I am not a Jew. Do you really think only Jews are for Israel. There are even Muslims for Israel. Would you tell these people that they have a persecution complex" because they stick up for Israel?

Thank God you are not a Jew, as that would be a horrible insult to other Horseflies.

Thank God you are not a Jew, as that would be a horrible insult to other Horseflies.

Funny how you always rag on other people for insulting you and personal attacks, and then you go and start with the name calling yourself :lol:

What is it with pro - Palestinians and hypocrisy ? They always seem to go hand in hand !

Funny how you always rag on other people for insulting you and personal attacks, and then you go and start with the name calling yourself :lol:

What is it with pro - Palestinians and hypocrisy ? They always seem to go hand in hand !

why are you soo horny for me?

you chase after my posts like a Catholic Priest.

why are you soo horny for me?

you chase after my posts like a Catholic Priest.

Holy deflection Batman ! Nice job changing the subject

Oh, and I didn't realize responding to someones post in a message forum is stalking?

And no, I'm not interested in you. Try Sunni Man, he's always talking about butts

Oh, and I didn't realize responding to someones post in a message forum is stalking?

And no, I'm not interested in you. Try Sunni Man, he's always talking about butts

you're horny for me like a rabbit in heat.

you keep following me around, responding to my posts even when I dont respond.

why yuo soo horny me for me, little girl?

....Im not gonna respond to any more of your posts, as you're just trolling me.

Goodbye troll.

you're horny for me like a rabbit in heat.

you keep following me around, responding to my posts even when I dont respond.

why yuo soo horny me for me, little girl?

....Im not gonna respond to any more of your posts, as you're just trolling me.

Goodbye troll.

Wow, you're more messed up than I thought, yikes ! :cuckoo:

Oh, and the reason you're not going to respond to my posts anymore is because I pose a threat to you in the sense that I dismantle your 'logic' and I've already made a fool of you in front of your jihadist friends here on USMB.

BTW, there is an ignore list. Feel free to put me on it, coward

You can blabber on and on, Osimir, but where oh where are your posts on the other forums here -- such as Africa, Asia and what is happening in the other Middle East countries.

You have a search function, feel free to use it. Where are yours about the National Liberation Front of Tripura?

Are we getting a little Taqiyya here?

1.) No.

2.) That's not how it works anyway.

No doubt those who read all the other forums on the USMessateBoard on a regular basis will notice that Osimir here really has nothing to say while he just basically concentrates on Israel and the Palestinians.

I've posted in what a total of three Israeli-Palestine threads? Grow up.

By the way, Osimir, when you bring up "persecution complex" no doubt you are referring to Jews.

No, I am referring to you and your need for those who disagree with you to be some type of secret jew hating obsessive Muslim. You're rather reeking of desperation at this point.

Perhaps it would surprise you that I am not a Jew.

Not at all, nor did I ever think you were.

Do you really think only Jews are for Israel.

No, in fact, the largest pro-Israeli lobby in the US is Christian.

Like I said before, let me know when you actually feel like talking about the issue.

Last edited:
So let's see,

Israel demolishes Palestinian buildings because they didn't have a building permit.

Meanwhile, Israel is giving retro-active building permits to JEWISH settlements that were built without any permits.

Meanwhile, Israel allows settlements to exist even though it knows many of them were built on STOLEN land.

And the extremists yell and bitch when Israel is called a racist state.

The Arabs INITIATED the 67 War Israel did NOT " steal " anything . If the Arabs had won Israel would not exist today . The Palestinians refuse to recognize Israel as a Jewish State. Now, That is racist

Forum List

Back