Israel Rescues Another Hostage

Good grief, I was drawing a parallel between how the left eviserates someone who reports a crime IF the criminal is black, and how the left defends the antisemites chanting “death to Jews” as free speech.

Thanks for proving my point.

Israel Rescues Another Hostage​

How is stating facts about media reporting on the 6 hostages “apologizing” for anything?

The world thinks you are an idiot here.
Oh great one, how do YOU know what “the world” thinks of an anonymous poster on some little message board?

Something tells me that 99.999999% of the world doesn’t know him.

Good grief.

There is no choice but to move the Jew-haters out of GAZA, after HAMAS has been eliminated totally. Egypt should be forced to take them, or risk losing foreign aid.
Do you listen to yourself?

You cannot force another country to take 2 million people. The civilized world does not work that way. What you are calling for is a war crime and a crime against humanity.

There is no possibility for a two-state solution. The majority of Palestinians are in support of the way the Islamic terrorist cockroaches hunted down and tortured to death every innocent Jew they could find.
I don’t think you really know what the Palestinians think because it isn’t as simplistic as that.

It was reported that a doctor who works the ER actually FAINTED when she saw what the cockroaches did to the Jewish children.
The medical people in Gaza have reported horrific burn and blast injuries to children there, and little to no ability to treat them or relieve pain. Some, who have served in multiple combat zones, have stated it is the worst they’ve ever seen.

Oh great one, how do YOU know what “the world” thinks of an anonymous poster on some little message board?

Something tells me that 99.999999% of the world doesn’t know him.

Good grief.
Something tells me you have a problem handling facts. Keep deflecting trying though.

Do you listen to yourself?

You cannot force another country to take 2 million people. The civilized world does not work that way. What you are calling for is a war crime and a crime against humanity.

I don’t think you really know what the Palestinians think because it isn’t as simplistic as that.

The medical people in Gaza have reported horrific burn and blast injuries to children there, and little to no ability to treat them or relieve pain. Some, who have served in multiple combat zones, have stated it is the worst they’ve ever
yeah, yeah, we’ve been down this road before.

That is NOT intentionally seeking out little kids to torture to death, as the Islamic terrorist monsters did to the Jews.

No comparison between the Jewish country and the Islamic monsters, although you of course like to draw the parallel.

Something tells me you have a problem handling facts. Keep deflecting trying though.
Something tells me that someone who is a moderator should stay the f away from targeting and spewing their hate against the posters they despise. You cannot fairly moderate a forum when you show your extreme bias.

There is no choice but to move the Jew-haters out of GAZA, after HAMAS has been eliminated totally.
I can't support outright ethnic cleansing. (Though I can be somewhat more flexible with population transfers. Yes, they are different.)
Egypt should be forced to take them, or risk losing foreign aid.
No sovereign State can be forced to adopt a foreign population. That is a rejection of the very concept of sovereignty.
There is no possibility for a two-state solution.
Sadly, I believe this to be true for the foreseeable future.

I understand your feelings about this. But this is not a solution that is morally sound.

I can't support outright ethnic cleansing. (Though I can be somewhat more flexible with population transfers. Yes, they are different.)

Well, let’s call it a population transfer. Israel cannot abide having people intent on wiping them off the map in such close proximity. Oct 7th shows why.
No sovereign State can be forced to adopt a foreign population. That is a rejection of the very concept of sovereignty.

But they’re not foreign. They are the children and grandchildren of people living in Egyptian territory in ‘67, and Egypt lost that land when it joined with two other Arab states to launch war against Israel. So it makes sense they be moved back to Egypt. They are essentially Egyptians.

Sadly, I believe this to be true for the foreseeable future.

I understand your feelings about this. But this is not a solution that is morally sound.
There is no solution. My great fear, should the pro-Muslim Harris win, is that she will follow her orders to allow the “Palestinian refugees” to come to America. Just what we need - another million more people who would like to see Jews murdered.

The impossible situation with respect to the hostages (and therefore this thread) is that it leaves Israel with two unacceptable options. Surrender the hostages. Or surrender the war.

yeah, yeah, we’ve been down this road before.

That is NOT intentionally seeking out little kids to torture to death, as the Islamic terrorist monsters did to the Jews.

You know what Lisa? In the end, it no longer matters. Not at this point. Those children are just as hurt, just as tortured, and just as dead.

No comparison between the Jewish country and the Islamic monsters, although you of course like to draw the parallel.
Humans are humans: good, bad, indifferent, regardless of color, gender ethnicity or faith.

As of 28 August 2024, 117 hostages had been returned alive to Israel, with 105 being released in a prisoner exchange deal, four released by Hamas unilaterally and eight rescued by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).[17][18

IDF doesn’t have a very good record here, nor does Netanyahu, but no surprise. His political survival is more important than the lives of the hostages or the slaughter of civilians.
And how do you think he is supposed to get the hostages back? Ask nicely?

The impossible situation with respect to the hostages (and therefore this thread) is that it leaves Israel with two unacceptable options. Surrender the hostages. Or surrender the war.
I don’t think so. I think that is a false binary.

Are you saying there is no other solutions, no other way?

Neither of us is a military expert so what is Israel’s military and security leadership saying?

Those are not options to the Israelis. Thus, they must continue the war.

This could have all been over on October 8th. All HAMAS had to do was to release the hostages and surrender. But their goal, as one of their leaders said, is to continue to perpetrate Oct 7 over and over again until every last Jew is dead.

People motivated by hostility toward Jews try to put the blame on Israel as much as HAMAS, or, more commonly, primarily on Israel. Israel cannot be deterred from its mission by the anti-Israel sentiment that has taken over the Democrat Party.

Negotiations and diplomacy gave him 117 live hostages. Is that problematic for you?
Not at all.

Those negotiations worked precisely because Israel has kicked Hamas's ass for 10 months.

Is that problematic for you? Seems like maybe it's a pretty big problem, for your talking points.

You know what Lisa? In the end, it no longer matters. Not at this point. Those children are just as hurt, just as tortured, and just as dead.

Humans are humans: good, bad, indifferent, regardless of color, gender ethnicity or faith.
Intent DOES matter. The Islamic terrorists have stated their goal is to find and murder every last Jew in Israel.

And don’t give me that “humans are humans” thing. The HAMAS terrorists are evil subhumans, and trying to make it out as Israel being just as bad as Islamic terrorists is a sentiment driven by underlying hostility toward Jews, which of course you will deny.

Well, let’s call it a population transfer.
Well, you can't just call it something when its not.
Israel cannot abide having people intent on wiping them off the map in such close proximity. Oct 7th shows why.
Agreed. October 7 has been promised to be repeated, over and over and over. It can never be allowed to happen again. That means Israeli control.
But they’re not foreign. They are the children and grandchildren of people living in Egyptian territory in ‘67, and Egypt lost that land when it joined with two other Arab states to launch war against Israel. So it makes sense they be moved back to Egypt. They are essentially Egyptians.
Gaza was occupied by Egypt. It was never Egyptian territory. I'm pretty sure the Palestinians and their supporters will agree that occupation does not transfer sovereignty. (For clarity, though, there is no such thing as "occupied Palestinian territories"). The people of Gaza are a distinct national identity (I'd argue distinct from West Bank, as well, but not all would). They are not Egyptians. Forced displacement would be ethnic cleansing. I just can't agree to that.
There is no solution.
There are only difficult solutions. Israeli control of the Philadeliphi corridor is a hard absolute. Preventing the importation of weapons and terrorist training into Gaza is the one thing that will save Israeli and Palestinian lives in the future. It has to be in the hands of Israel. I can't see any way around it. Which means, that since Israeli will control the entirety of Gaza, it must take over administrative control of all of Gaza. It must accept the responsibility for the people of Gaza. No one else is going to do it.

Those are not options to the Israelis. Thus, they must continue the war.

This could have all been over on October 8th. All HAMAS had to do was to release the hostages and surrender. But their goal, as one of their leaders said, is to continue to perpetrate Oct 7 over and over again until every last Jew is dead.

People motivated by hostility toward Jews try to put the blame on Israel as much as HAMAS, or, more commonly, primarily on Israel. Israel cannot be deterred from its mission by the anti-Israel sentiment that has taken over the Democrat Party.
Hamas is highly unlikely to surrender. What would pressure them to surrender? It is clear that they do not care what happens to their people so no way to apply pressure there. They are already transitioning into guerrilla warfare, a never-ending war like Vietnam. The fact that Hamas murdered those 6 hostages marks a departure from their previous behavior.

Forum List

Back