Israel Rescues Another Hostage

Hamas is highly unlikely to surrender. What would pressure them to surrender?
Nothing at all. It's a death cult. Every Palestinian death is a blessing to them.

The only fix is for Plalestinians to purge the dealth cult for themselves.

Well, you can't just call it something when its not.

Agreed. October 7 has been promised to be repeated, over and over and over. It can never be allowed to happen again. That means Israeli control.

Gaza was occupied by Egypt. It was never Egyptian territory. I'm pretty sure the Palestinians and their supporters will agree that occupation does not transfer sovereignty. (For clarity, though, there is no such thing as "occupied Palestinian territories"). The people of Gaza are a distinct national identity (I'd argue distinct from West Bank, as well, but not all would). They are not Egyptians. Forced displacement would be ethnic cleansing. I just can't agree to that.

There are only difficult solutions. Israeli control of the Philadeliphi corridor is a hard absolute. Preventing the importation of weapons and terrorist training into Gaza is the one thing that will save Israeli and Palestinian lives in the future. It has to be in the hands of Israel. I can't see any way around it. Which means, that since Israeli will control the entirety of Gaza, it must take over administrative control of all of Gaza. It must accept the responsibility for the people of Gaza. No one else is going to do it.
Yes, I agree with this. Israel should have a military base in GAZA, along with government offices. This of course can onLy hapoen once the Islamic terrorists are wiped out, which is what Israel is continuing to do, as they should.

Hamas is highly unlikely to surrender. What would pressure them to surrender? It is clear that they do not care what happens to their people so no way to apply pressure there. They are already transitioning into guerrilla warfare, a never-ending war like Vietnam. The fact that Hamas murdered those 6 hostages marks a departure from their previous behavior.
If HAMAS does not surrender, then Israel must continue its goal to eliminate them. Collateral damage is unfortunately part of any war.

After that, GAZA must be under Israeli government and military control. It is what is necessary for the survival of Israel.

Hamas is highly unlikely to surrender. What would pressure them to surrender? It is clear that they do not care what happens to their people so no way to apply pressure there.
And this is why this problem hasn't and won't go away. What does Israel and the international community DO with a violent, murderous group of people who refuse to surrender? Kill them? Expel them? Control them? Which is the least odious moral path through this mess?

Or is there another option I'm not thinking of here?

It is also what is necessary for the survival and well-being of the people of Gaza.
True, but because of the embedded hate they have for Israel and Jews - taught beginning in kindergarten - they won’t see it that way.

Perhaps the U.S. could give the aid they were giving to the Palestinians, which was taken by HAMAS to build weapons of war, to Israel instead to help the develop the infrastructure.

Another HUGE benefit of this would be that Israel would control the schools, and the curriculum, and get rid of all the Arab-driven Jew-hate being taught.

And this is why this problem hasn't and won't go away. What does Israel and the international community DO with a violent, murderous group of people who refuse to surrender? Kill them? Expel them? Control them? Which is the least odious moral path through this mess?

Exactly. There is only one good solution, and the Palestinians don't have the will to implement it.

If someone had a better solution, we would have heard it 40 years ago.

There are only difficult solutions. Israeli control of the Philadeliphi corridor is a hard absolute. Preventing the importation of weapons and terrorist training into Gaza is the one thing that will save Israeli and Palestinian lives in the future. It has to be in the hands of Israel. I can't see any way around it. Which means, that since Israeli will control the entirety of Gaza, it must take over administrative control of all of Gaza. It must accept the responsibility for the people of Gaza. No one else is going to do it.

Is it a hard absolute or is it just another Netanyahu curveball to thwart an end to the war?

It does not seem that Israel’s own military and security leadership see it that way:

The Israeli security establishment has appeared flexible on the issue, an Arab official from a mediating country said. The Mossad, Shin Bet and IDF representatives who make up Israel’s negotiating team have stressed the importance of implementing new mechanisms to prevent smuggling. However, they also believe that the IDF can swiftly return to the corridor if need be, so it can afford to withdraw in the meantime to save the lives of the hostages, the Arab official explained.

Not at all.

Those negotiations worked precisely because Israel has kicked Hamas's ass for 10 months.
That is not entirely correct. The majority, over a hundred were released in November I believe. Since then, very few.

Is that problematic for you? Seems like maybe it's a pretty big problem, for your talking points.
Really? Hamas has now started actually murdering hostages. You don’t seem very concerned.

It is time to negotiate an end to this.

That is not entirely correct. The majority, over a hundred were released in November I believe. Since then, very few.

Really? Hamas has now started actually murdering hostages. You don’t seem very concerned.

It is time to negotiate an end to this.
How can Israel negotiate with a group that will settle for nothing less than the annihilation of Israel?

Exactly. There is only one good solution, and the Palestinians don't have the will to implement it.

This multi-decade conflict is not one sided, with the heros on one team and the villains on the other.

:dunno: Kill all the ones you can, keep a price on the head of the leadership, expel them and pick them off. What else do you propose that won’t be a continuation of the conditions that have been in play for decades and led to things like this - another endless occupation under a military justice system?

The other question is this. Is Hamas unified? If what I read is correct, there is a political wing and militant wing and they aren’t always in step. Is there room there? It wouldn’t be the first time terrorists became statesmen.

It is rather difficult to get rid of Hamas, they tend to kill dissent.

True, but because of the embedded hate they have for Israel and Jews - taught beginning in kindergarten - they won’t see it that way.

Perhaps the U.S. could give the aid they were giving to the Palestinians, which was taken by HAMAS to build weapons of war, to Israel instead to help the develop the infrastructure.

Another HUGE benefit of this would be that Israel would control the schools, and the curriculum, and get rid of all the Arab-driven Jew-hate being taught.
The education system on both sides could do with cross cultural improvement.

I don’t think so. I think that is a false binary.

Are you saying there is no other solutions, no other way?

Neither of us is a military expert so what is Israel’s military and security leadership saying?
You can't come up with a solution and just assumes someone else can/will. Typical Democrat.

Well, let’s call it a population transfer. Israel cannot abide having people intent on wiping them off the map in such close proximity. Oct 7th shows why.

But they’re not foreign. They are the children and grandchildren of people living in Egyptian territory in ‘67, and Egypt lost that land when it joined with two other Arab states to launch war against Israel. So it makes sense they be moved back to Egypt. They are essentially Egyptians.

There is no solution. My great fear, should the pro-Muslim Harris win, is that she will follow her orders to allow the “Palestinian refugees” to come to America. Just what we need - another million more people who would like to see Jews murdered.

Ethnic cleansing is a war crime no matter what words you use to make it palatable.

I am glad not everyone agrees with you about Palestinian refugees, it is too reminiscent of attitudes towards Jewish refugees at one time. I fully support allowing them to come because as refugees they are heavily vetted.

Forum List

Back