Israel Wants $5B a Year in American Aid

Did I say that, or is this you reading what isn't there

No, but WTF does Consett have to do with the $5bn aid to Israel?

Talk about clutching at straws...

Off topic deflections again Phoney!

Same scenario as it was subsidised employment

British steel industry was subsidised by the British government, with British money...

Went bust because steel production is cheaper elsewhere! China for example!

Just how does that have ANY relevance to the US giving money to Israel?

It is NOT the same scenario at all!
I suggest you take these issues up with one of the MANY Congress people who don't reside in a Jewish District.

Hahahaha... What a 'clever', 'informed' post you made... :cuckoo:

What exactly do YOU think your post has to do with British steel industry?

How about you go away, see if you can have a think about things and respond when you have something interesting to contribute!
This thread, genius, concerns US aid to Israel...get it?

This month approximately $12K was taken out of my paycheck in taxes. That is a lot of money for someone who is not rich and has to work his ass off. I do not mind if that money goes to build communities across America but it hurts to see it going to foreign countries who are supposedly wealthy.

*snip*

Read more: Israel Wants $5B a Year in American Aid - Breaking News

how much do we give the pals?

the saudis?

piss off.
His idea is to give it all to Egypt

This month approximately $12K was taken out of my paycheck in taxes. That is a lot of money for someone who is not rich and has to work his ass off. I do not mind if that money goes to build communities across America but it hurts to see it going to foreign countries who are supposedly wealthy.

*snip*

the saudis?

piss off.

That was your idea. It is you who injected Suez Canal into this thread. It is you who justified military aid to Egypt by designating Suez Canal as America's most important infrastructure.

I have repeatedly said that I am against giving billions of dollars to all countries including Israel. However, it seems like you people are either not interested in reading someone's post before responding or do not know how to read.

I read just fine, and I haven't read anything by you complaining about foreign aid except to Israel. Again, if you have, please post it.

Your priorities are not straight. You think we should not spend money on improving our infrastructure such as building high speed rail but you think it will be a perfectly good idea to blow money on Israel and other foreign countries.

What good is a high speed rail line if there is no passengers or freight to use it ?

Build it and they will come.

What good is blowing money on Israel is a better question?

Stop the aid to Israel and America will go under as the subsidised workforce will be unemployed. This will impact on all other businesses in the area and will result in 4 times as many lay offs in the very future. I have witnessed 4 thriving towns go down when the workplaces were shut down, the shops lost income and so had to lay off as well. Then the other businesses like builders, plumbers, Joiners, Electricians etc. also went bust as no one had the money to pay for repairs. Then the banks foreclosed on property worth a fraction of what was borrowed on it leaving the people still owing money. So your high speed rail line will be derelict as it will have no traffic and no hope of any traffic, then the US will lose even more of its credit rating and end up like poor old Greece begging in he gutter.
Money to the Military Industrial Complex is always a net loss. It always cost more than you get back.

Not always, and in this case spending $3 billion on Israel who have to buy American goods with the money is a net gain for the US. Imagine losing all that money from a companies income, it would set alarm bells ringing and send the stocks into free fall. This would result in other buyers shying away because they would see the product as inferior, so lay offs would be the order of the day. Then the knock on effect would be shop workers laid off, then medical professionals would be idle and have to move elsewhere.
A good example of money to the Military is the strides forward in plastic surgery that is now a multi billion dollar business, this has netted a gain for every nation on taxes paid alone. All because money was spent on Military matters, Look back and see how much more has been made from Military expenditure over the years, silly things like microwaves and cell phones

*snip*

the saudis?

piss off.

That was your idea. It is you who injected Suez Canal into this thread. It is you who justified military aid to Egypt by designating Suez Canal as America's most important infrastructure.

I have repeatedly said that I am against giving billions of dollars to all countries including Israel. However, it seems like you people are either not interested in reading someone's post before responding or do not know how to read.
I think you'd find you're the only person who called Suez our most important infrastructure or suggested that because it is in Egypt, that only justifies sending aid there. You didn't even know where Suez was until yesterday.

Why speculate. Its right here.

Israel Wants $5B a Year in American Aid

There you go. Read that.

There's you expressing your stupid Egypt idea and using quotes without actually quoting me.

British steel industry was subsidised by the British government, with British money...

Because the aid is just another form of subsidy by the US government to its defence contractors. Without this subsidy they would struggle to sell on the international markets at a price the buyers are willing to pay. That was the problem with British steel that relied on subsidies to keep people in employment , to make it a level playing field the EU banned subsidies like cheap food in canteens and cut price safety footwear. This led to knock on effect of farming out certain jobs to contractors, which increased costs for the workforce. Then the older mills could not compete with the EU costings and were forced to shut down. Then along came the working time directive that meant the workforce was restricted on what hours they could work per week. Then the pollution controls made it even harder and closed more places down.

But the point I was making that seemed yo go right over your head is that you might get 1000 lay offs in an industry but double that number rely on those jobs, so they end up being laid off. So you end up with 3000 on the unemployment line, that is 3000 less tax revenues which means that the government has less money to spend on worthwhile causes leading to more lay offs and so the cycle begins all over again

*snip*

the saudis?

piss off.

The Saudis receive more back door aid because America needs its oil for certain applications. You see not all oil is the same and some is only good for burning in power stations.

Not back door aid...

You only gotta look at the Bush dynasty to see where US aid goes and where "back door" oil payments end up!

Yes back door aid as in cut price fighter jets and then the training needed to fly them. All subsidised by the US tax payers

I suggest you take these issues up with one of the MANY Congress people who don't reside in a Jewish District.

Hahahaha... What a 'clever', 'informed' post you made... :cuckoo:

What exactly do YOU think your post has to do with British steel industry?

How about you go away, see if you can have a think about things and respond when you have something interesting to contribute!

Because it is not about British steel but about how losing $3 billion in subsidies could cripple the US in a very short time.

Your priorities are not straight. You think we should not spend money on improving our infrastructure such as building high speed rail but you think it will be a perfectly good idea to blow money on Israel and other foreign countries.

What good is a high speed rail line if there is no passengers or freight to use it ?

Stop the aid to Israel and America will go under as the subsidised workforce will be unemployed. This will impact on all other businesses in the area and will result in 4 times as many lay offs in the very future. I have witnessed 4 thriving towns go down when the workplaces were shut down, the shops lost income and so had to lay off as well. Then the other businesses like builders, plumbers, Joiners, Electricians etc. also went bust as no one had the money to pay for repairs. Then the banks foreclosed on property worth a fraction of what was borrowed on it leaving the people still owing money. So your high speed rail line will be derelict as it will have no traffic and no hope of any traffic, then the US will lose even more of its credit rating and end up like poor old Greece begging in he gutter.
Money to the Military Industrial Complex is always a net loss. It always cost more than you get back.

Not always, and in this case spending $3 billion on Israel who have to buy American goods with the money is a net gain for the US. Imagine losing all that money from a companies income, it would set alarm bells ringing and send the stocks into free fall. This would result in other buyers shying away because they would see the product as inferior, so lay offs would be the order of the day. Then the knock on effect would be shop workers laid off, then medical professionals would be idle and have to move elsewhere.
A good example of money to the Military is the strides forward in plastic surgery that is now a multi billion dollar business, this has netted a gain for every nation on taxes paid alone. All because money was spent on Military matters, Look back and see how much more has been made from Military expenditure over the years, silly things like microwaves and cell phones
Not really. $3B gets sucked out of our economy but not all of that goes back in.

Originally posted by Phoenall
Not always, and in this case spending $3 billion on Israel who have to buy American goods with the money is a net gain for the US.

What you're saying is America pays Israel to buy american goods.

This is just a complicated, indirect way to give Israel free stuff.

Israel is the only country that can use US aid to buy non U.S. goods. It is amazing how much propaganda these US Zionists swallow and repeat as if it is true.

"FMF for In-Country Purchase Israel’s ability to use a significant portion of its annual military aid for procurement in Israel is a unique aspect of its assistance package; no other recipient of U.S. military assistance has been granted this benefit.31 Since FY1988, the FMF procurement earmark for purchases within Israel has been incorporated into annual foreign assistance legislation."

https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf

Not really. $3B gets sucked out of our economy but not all of that goes back in.

Wrong as much more is paid back in than is paid out in real terms, you forget the clauses attached to that aid that means that Israel has to buy American at full price while others get big discounts. If your local shop lent you $100 but said you had to spend it in the shop without getting any discounts would you be willing to accept that ? When everyone else is getting £125 of goods for their $100 and you only get $100 of goods. Spend elsewhere or don't spend at all and the shop wants $200 back so you lose either way

Originally posted by Phoenall
Not always, and in this case spending $3 billion on Israel who have to buy American goods with the money is a net gain for the US.

What you're saying is America pays Israel to buy american goods.

This is just a complicated, indirect way to give Israel free stuff.

No America lends money to Israel to use on buying American goods and expects the money to be repaid as well. It is a complicated, indirect way of subsidising American companies that gets round the fair trade laws. Without this indirect subsidy many American defence workers would be laid off, with all the knock on effects this would mean.

Israel is the only country that can use US aid to buy non U.S. goods. It is amazing how much propaganda these US Zionists swallow and repeat as if it is true.

"FMF for In-Country Purchase Israel’s ability to use a significant portion of its annual military aid for procurement in Israel is a unique aspect of its assistance package; no other recipient of U.S. military assistance has been granted this benefit.31 Since FY1988, the FMF procurement earmark for purchases within Israel has been incorporated into annual foreign assistance legislation."

https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf

Cherry picking again freddy boy when we can see that the reality is somewhat different

To date, the United States has provided Israel $124.3 billion (current, or non-inflation-adjusted, dollars) in bilateral assistance. Almost all U.S. bilateral aid to Israel is in the form of military assistance, although in the past Israel also received significant economic assistance.

You do know what BILATERAL means don't you freddy boy having or relating to two sides; affecting both sides:
So it is a two way street with the US getting as much back as it gives out.

Israel can use some U.S. military assistance both for research and development in the United States and for military purchases from Israeli manufacturers...........
.......... In addition to receiving U.S. State Department-administered foreign assistance, Israel also receives funds from annual defense appropriations bills for rocket and missile defense programs. Israel pursues some of those programs jointly with the United States.

Wrong as much more is paid back in than is paid out in real terms, you forget the clauses attached to that aid that means that Israel has to buy American at full price while others get big discounts. If your local shop lent you $100 but said you had to spend it in the shop without getting any discounts would you be willing to accept that ? When everyone else is getting £125 of goods for their $100 and you only get $100 of goods. Spend elsewhere or don't spend at all and the shop wants $200 back so you lose either way
You really do not know how the Military Industrial Complex works.

I know better than you ever will as it still has to justify every penny

In your dreams.

In your dreams.

Nope in reality

Forum List

Back