🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israel's Iron Dome: Doubts over success rate

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
A leading US expert on missile defence has raised doubts about the efficacy of Israel's Iron Dome defence system.

Israeli officials say it hit some 84% of the targets engaged in last year's conflict with Hamas in Gaza.

But Professor Theodore Postol of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology suggests the defence system's success rate may have been "drastically lower".

Mr Postol has a track-record in debunking claims made for state-of-the-art missile defence systems.

His view is that the successful hit rate on incoming warheads could be as low as 5-10%.

Mr Postol says that if the IDF wants to make such claims, then it should provide the data to back them up.

But he argues that "continuing such a deception can only result in the misappropriation of limited defence assets".

Mr Postol says that "as an American supporter of Israel's right to self-defence", he does not feel comfortable seeing the US spend money on a weapon system "that hardly works".
BBC News - Israel's Iron Dome: Doubts over success rate

Iraon Dome has 80% success when it comes to targeting missiles aimed at crowded areas.

If the US don't want it, it's probably because it is of no use to them.

Israel shold not give away its technology, anyway, for it is only a matter of time until it will fall into the wrong hands.

• Banned
Iron Dome has 80% success when it comes to targeting gullible minds

A leading US expert on missile defence has raised doubts about the efficacy of Israel's Iron Dome defence system.

Israeli officials say it hit some 84% of the targets engaged in last year's conflict with Hamas in Gaza.

But Professor Theodore Postol of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology suggests the defence system's success rate may have been "drastically lower".

Mr Postol has a track-record in debunking claims made for state-of-the-art missile defence systems.

His view is that the successful hit rate on incoming warheads could be as low as 5-10%.

Mr Postol says that if the IDF wants to make such claims, then it should provide the data to back them up.

But he argues that "continuing such a deception can only result in the misappropriation of limited defence assets".

Mr Postol says that "as an American supporter of Israel's right to self-defence", he does not feel comfortable seeing the US spend money on a weapon system "that hardly works".
BBC News - Israel's Iron Dome: Doubts over success rate
It seemed like it did its job, and quite well, I might add.

What you're missing is, just like computer chips, we are now four generations past the previous usage, and with each generation the rate of improvement doubles if not quadruples. You can take that to the bank.

Apartheid Regimes are doomed to failure, praying that day comes soon! Come soon, Lord, come soon! Sherri

Apartheid Regimes are doomed to failure, praying that day comes soon! Come soon, Lord, come soon! Sherri

Iron dome protects innocent lives! only a doomed mind will wish "failure" to a system that saves over million souls on regular basis!

I wished a day will come when you stop being such a hateful wicked person!
184.gif

Warmongers lose, I already know the end of this story!
I'll have to agree with you on that one. You should tell that to the Palestinians and have them look at their Hamas Charter. It's all about hate, death, and destruction.

Iron Dome has 80% success when it comes to targeting gullible minds

Gullible minds look for Salvation in guns and weapons and they never find it! Sherri
I know, those shipments of arms and missiles from Iran and all those Arab savages poised to destroy Israel, and still Israel stands strong, prosperous, and incredibly successful.

With such high odds against what Israel has done in such a short time, one wonders if there is any divine intervention.

Iron dome protects innocent lives! only a doomed mind will wish "failure" to a system that saves over million souls on regular basis!

I wished a day will come when you stop being such a hateful wicked person!
184.gif
Generations after she dies a miserable death consumed by her hate, Israel will be standing stronger than ever, forging into the future.

I think Americans should be writing our President and Congress and complaining about all the misuse of taxpayer funds on Iron Dome.

New Rule: Sherri does not talk to Zionists!

Translation: Sherri can't handle the truth from pro -Israelis that she supports a hateful racist bigoted people, and that Israel exists !

Reminds me of Georgie Galloway when he said he doesn't debate with Israelis !

LOL that's it? PHILISTINISM has been considered a crime
against CULTURE AND HUMANITY FOR MILLENIA ---
only the most gross and character flawed "entities" are
called PHILISTINES ---in classic literature

Forum List

Back