🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Issues that conservatives suddenly don't care about ..

now that Trump is elected , cons have quickly forgotten issues that really bothered them under Obama.

Debt/deficit : 20 trillion!! Bah, who cares . Let's build giant walls and double the military. Costs be damn !

Prez security budget: Obama couldn't go to dinner without a story of how it cost taxpayers trillions . Now trump will be commuting from DC to manhattan on a daily basis . That's cool!

States rights : sanctuary city? You
Must bow to the Feds directives , at your own cost!

What else ? I had more but forgot .

Getting government out of health care is a biggie. They might move some furniture around, but they won't change anything substantial about ACA.
I would rather get my employer out of making healthcare decisions for me

And your alternative is to have your government making healthcare decisions for you? Ever considering making decisions for yourself?

What happens when the government opens a position?
What benefit is it to the economy?
How does is decrease the debt or balance the budget?

Compare it to a job created in the private sector. Private sector jobs are a plus whereas government jobs are a drain on the Treasury. Government jobs create more need for revenue which means increasing taxes, which increases the burden on job creators and tax payers. Basically, creating millions of government jobs does only one thing. Hurt the economy.

Teachers, policemen, firemen, public works employees, construction jobs, the entire defense industry both public and private

All jobs created by the government
The purpose of government has expanded to the point that it has become overly burdensome to the public good. You say you work in the government and you should know how it is slow and inefficient. You also should know that in every office or shop there are people who don't pull their own weight. Because they've created permanent positions, the lazy and worthless can come in every day and do absolutely nothing and not get fired because of it.

We're talking strictly Public Works here.

Policemen, teachers, and firefighters are a different issue. They aren't federal employees. I've never been one of these, so I can't speak to that issue and all you're trying to do is deflect from what we have been talking about.

Government employees are government employees regardless of what level they work at. Still jobs created by government
Government fills the roles that people can't. People can't build roads, so government collects money to build them collectively. Same with education, police, fire. The people can't build a military...we need the government to do that

Yes, we do need government to do jobs that the private sector can't. Those provisions are listed in the US Constitution. Anything outside of that list should be handled by the state, city or county.
Government needs to do what needs to be done as determined by We the People.

Yeah. Uh-huh. We the People just voted for Trump. Should we do whatever he says now???

I worked DoD

Never saw as much money spent or people hired in the next thirty years

One of our former employees used to work for NASA, and his testimony is that he never seen so much money wasted in his life.

Space travel ain't cheap. NASA boldly going where nobody has gone before means you make mistakes as you invent things never envisioned before
I work for DoD and we wasted a lot of money, we also developed equipment never envisioned before that saved tens of thousands of lives

Yeah. Little do we know, there are millions of jobs out there waiting to be created and Obama wants to take credit for it. Right?
Here's the facts. Government does not create jobs. Government simply takes from us. Their job is to get the hell out of the way of the economy, but Obama couldn't seem to do that. He created thousands of regulations designed to increase costs to businesses and prevent entrepreneurship which is the machine behind job creation.
The Government creates tens of millions of jobs

Compare it to a job created in the private sector. Private sector jobs are a plus whereas government jobs are a drain on the Treasury. Government jobs create more need for revenue which means increasing taxes, which increases the burden on job creators and tax payers. Basically, creating millions of government jobs does only one thing. Hurt the economy.

Teachers, policemen, firemen, public works employees, construction jobs, the entire defense industry both public and private

The purpose of government has expanded to the point that it has become overly burdensome to the public good. You say you work in the government and you should know how it is slow and inefficient. You also should know that in every office or shop there are people who don't pull their own weight. Because they've created permanent positions, the lazy and worthless can come in every day and do absolutely nothing and not get fired because of it.

Policemen, teachers, and firefighters are a different issue. They aren't federal employees. I've never been one of these, so I can't speak to that issue and all you're trying to do is deflect from what we have been talking about.

Government employees are government employees regardless of what level they work at. Still jobs created by government
Government fills the roles that people can't. People can't build roads, so government collects money to build them collectively. Same with education, police, fire. The people can't build a military...we need the government to do that
Still trying to deflect.
The feds have nothing to do with local government jobs.
The primary responsibility of the federal government is to provide national defense and security. State and local government is responsible for infrastructure...or did you forget that. Nope, you're just trying to move the goalposts to justify your false positions.

now that Trump is elected , cons have quickly forgotten issues that really bothered them under Obama.

Debt/deficit : 20 trillion!! Bah, who cares . Let's build giant walls and double the military. Costs be damn !

Prez security budget: Obama couldn't go to dinner without a story of how it cost taxpayers trillions . Now trump will be commuting from DC to manhattan on a daily basis . That's cool!

Getting government out of health care is a biggie. They might move some furniture around, but they won't change anything substantial about ACA.
I would rather get my employer out of making healthcare decisions for me

And your alternative is to have your government making healthcare decisions for you? Ever considering making decisions for yourself?

With healthcare bills over $100,000 it's hard to make decisions yourself. Should your employer decide how much insurance you have? Should you have to stay with an employer because your kid is sick and you can't afford to lose your insurance.
You should get health insurance the day you are born and not have to worry about it the rest of your life

Space travel ain't cheap. NASA boldly going where nobody has gone before means you make mistakes as you invent things never envisioned before
I work for DoD and we wasted a lot of money, we also developed equipment never envisioned before that saved tens of thousands of lives

I see. So what you are saying is that actually producing something justifies wasting taxpayer dollars? Then you wonder why the country is turning to Republicans????

I worked DoD

One of our former employees used to work for NASA, and his testimony is that he never seen so much money wasted in his life.

Looks like the private sector has taken over for NASA now.
Now all NASA is any good for is Global Warming research and reaching out to Muslims.
That is what Obama is using it for now, or didn't you know?

10 Major Players in the Private Sector Space Race

Last edited:
Government needs to do what needs to be done as determined by We the People.

Whether it is done at the local, state or federal level depends on where it makes the most sense

Wrong.

Democrats do anything they can to make as many government dependents as possible. Think DumBama really cares if you have health insurance or not? Of course not, Commie Care was a giant scheme to make more government dependents because government dependents mostly vote Democrat.

By the White House's own admission, they created over 14 million new government dependents under Commie Care, and many of those were previously insured but lost their coverage thanks to that plan, and it added many more people on our government social programs like Medicaid.

Still trying to deflect.
The primary responsibility of the federal government is to provide national defense and security. State and local government is responsible for infrastructure...or did you forget that. Nope, you're just trying to move the goalposts to justify your false positions.

Actually, my local government regularly applies for state and federal funding for major projects.
All levels of Government interact and services are provided where they make the most sense. I don't want the federal government plowing the snow in front of my house.....I don't want my town having to chip in and buy a fighter jet

He'll just write if off his taxes
If he paid taxes, maybe he would.
4_1_214.gif

With healthcare bills over $100,000 it's hard to make decisions yourself. Should your employer decide how much insurance you have? Should you have to stay with an employer because your kid is sick and you can't afford to lose your insurance.

You should get health insurance the day you are born and not have to worry about it the rest of your life

You should be free to do that, if you want. But you shouldn't have the right to force your neighbors to join you just because you have a hard time making decisions.

Still trying to deflect.

You seem to have forgotten the part about 'promoting the general welfare' and 'securing the blessings of liberty':

" provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity"

Look at the little troll who thinks he speaks for me.

Perhaps if you Dumbfucks worried less about everyone else and more about your own problems Trump wouldn't have become president

You seem to have forgotten the part about 'promoting the general welfare' and 'securing the blessings of liberty':

" provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity"

Promote the general welfare and fund the general welfare are two different things.

Still trying to deflect.

Actually, my local government regularly applies for state and federal funding for major projects.
All levels of Government interact and services are provided where they make the most sense. I don't want the federal government plowing the snow in front of my house.....I don't want my town having to chip in and buy a fighter jet

Well they do chip in to buy those fighter jets. Where do you think the money came from anyhow?

I worked DoD

Looks like the private sector has taken over for NASA now.
Now all NASA is any good for is Global Warming research and reaching out to Muslims.
That is what Obama is using it for now, or didn't you know?

10 Major Players in the Private Sector Space Race

Good for them. Let's see if they can make a profit off of it.
NASA has explored our solar system, photographed Pluto, has rovers on Mars.
Not too shabby

Promote the general welfare and fund the general welfare are two different things.
Not necessarily

Funding what you are promoting is a function of Government

Still trying to deflect.

Well they do chip in to buy those fighter jets. Where do you think the money came from anyhow?

Actually, my town and county provide no funding of our military. We, as individuals, provide money directly to the federal government.

Part of the reason we abandoned local militias buying their own arms. Too patchwork and not very efficient

Not necessarily

Wrong again.

You invite a friend over for a cookout. While outside, you see your elderly neighbor struggling to take her groceries to her upstairs apartment on an outside staircase. So you drop what you're doing to give her a hand. You just provided for the general welfare of your neighbor.

But let's say you have a bad leg cramp and can't help your neighbor, so you ask your friend if he can give her a hand which he gladly does. You just promoted the general welfare of your neighbor.

You have a bad leg cramp and your friend just had back surgery, so neither of you can help your neighbor, so you find a kid walking down the street and offer him ten dollars to help your neighbor which he happily does. You just funded the general welfare of your neighbor.

In our US Constitution, it is written to provide and promote the general welfare, but not fund.

Not necessarily

Wrong again.

You invite a friend over for a cookout. While outside, you see your elderly neighbor struggling to take her groceries to her upstairs apartment on an outside staircase. So you drop what you're doing to give her a hand. You just provided for the general welfare of your neighbor.

But let's say you have a bad leg cramp and can't help your neighbor, so you ask your friend if he can give her a hand which he gladly does. You just promoted the general welfare of your neighbor.

You have a bad leg cramp and your friend just had back surgery, so neither of you can help your neighbor, so you find a kid walking down the street and offer him ten dollars to help your neighbor which he happily does. You just funded the general welfare of your neighbor.

In our US Constitution, it is written to provide and promote the general welfare, but not fund.

Hard for government to provide or promote anything without any funding. Republicans are well acquainted with that tactic

Forum List

Back