🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Issues that conservatives suddenly don't care about ..

Saving $400K per year on salary but then wasting $1,000,000 a day to keep his family in New York.

Oh, and by the way, it's unconstitutional for the president to not get paid. He can donate his salary if he wants but it's still going to cost tax payers $400K per year.

It's unconstitutional for a President to not accept presidential pay? Where is that written?
You people really have no business discussing politics when you're so ignorant of the Constitution...
Article II, Section 1

The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be encreased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

now that Trump is elected , cons have quickly forgotten issues that really bothered them under Obama.

Debt/deficit : 20 trillion!! Bah, who cares . Let's build giant walls and double the military. Costs be damn !

Prez security budget: Obama couldn't go to dinner without a story of how it cost taxpayers trillions . Now trump will be commuting from DC to manhattan on a daily basis . That's cool!

States rights : sanctuary city? You
Must bow to the Feds directives , at your own cost!

What else ? I had more but forgot .
He won't be accepting the salary he is supposed to get. See not in office yet and is saving us money already.
Saving $400K per year on salary but then wasting $1,000,000 a day to keep his family in New York.

Oh, and by the way, it's unconstitutional for the president to not get paid. He can donate his salary if he wants but it's still going to cost tax payers $400K per year.

Impeach him then.
I would have to be a member of the House to do that. But my guess is the odds are better than 50% he will get impeached for something at some point.

See hold on to your positive thoughts.

It's unconstitutional for a President to not accept presidential pay? Where is that written?
You people really have no business discussing politics when you're so ignorant of the Constitution...
Article II, Section 1

The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be encreased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

Okay public school. One more time: where does it say that a President has to accept this pay? What happens if he shreds the checks and doesn't cash them?

now that Trump is elected , cons have quickly forgotten issues that really bothered them under Obama.

Debt/deficit : 20 trillion!! Bah, who cares . Let's build giant walls and double the military. Costs be damn !

Prez security budget: Obama couldn't go to dinner without a story of how it cost taxpayers trillions . Now trump will be commuting from DC to manhattan on a daily basis . That's cool!

Oh this is rich from a far left drone and Hilary voter!

Yeah it is . We weren't bitching about prez security in the past . Now it's on the table thanks to you righties.

Yeah it is . We weren't bitching about prez security in the past . Now it's on the table thanks to you righties.

And the far left drone did it again..

Seriously you can not make this stuff up!

They are all sore losers!

But to them the new winning is loosing!

Trump is worth it. This guy will soon be making decisions that'll make this country great again. :bowdown:

Article II, Section 1

Okay public school. One more time: where does it say that a President has to accept this pay? What happens if he shreds the checks and doesn't cash them?
He doesn't have to accept it, but he still has to be paid. Read my post again... this time for clarity...
Faun said:
"Oh, and by the way, it's unconstitutional for the president to not get paid. He can donate his salary if he wants but it's still going to cost tax payers $400K per year. *
* = text highlighted for the benefit of the reading impaired

Article II, Section 1

This is true, and is the reason that JFK accepted, and donated his salary to charity.

Article II, Section 1

He doesn't have to accept it, but he still has to be paid. Read my post again... this time for clarity...
Faun said:
"Oh, and by the way, it's unconstitutional for the president to not get paid. He can donate his salary if he wants but it's still going to cost tax payers $400K per year. *

He can donate his salary if he wants but it's still going to cost tax payers $400K per year. *

And when he donates it to reduce the national debt...........

If he doesn't accept it, he doesn't get paid. It's his decision. You can't force somebody to accept money.
He can donate the money but if he doesn't take it at all, he's violating the Constitution which states he's to be compensated. Furthermore, if he did refuse payment, he'd still have to pay the income tax on $400,000.

Article II, Section 1

Faun said:

He can donate his salary if he wants but it's still going to cost tax payers $400K per year. *

That would put a negligible dent in the increase to the debt that will occur during his watch.

Article II, Section 1

Faun said:

That would put a negligible dent in the increase to the debt that will occur during his watch.

And it wouldn't "cost tax payers $400K per year".

Faun said:

Of course it would. It just would have gone to paying down the debt and not to Trump.

If he doesn't accept it, he doesn't get paid. It's his decision. You can't force somebody to accept money.
He can donate the money but if he doesn't take it at all, he's violating the Constitution which states he's to be compensated. Furthermore, if he did refuse payment, he'd still have to pay the income tax on $400,000.

Are you insane or something? If he is compensated, and refuses the compensation, there is no constitutional violation. He was "offered" compensation which is all that the Constitution requires.

If I help a little old lady clean her garage, and she gives me a check for $500.00, and I don't cash that check, I don't have to pay tax on money I never collected.

Are you insane or something? If he is compensated, and refuses the compensation, there is no constitutional violation. He was "offered" compensation which is all that the Constitution requires.

If I help a little old lady clean her garage, and she gives me a check for $500.00, and I don't cash that check, I don't have to pay tax on money I never collected.
Legally, you do. It's called, constructive receipt

Faun said:

Of course it would. It just would have gone to paying down the debt and not to Trump.

Of course it would.

No. Money donated to the US Treasury does not cost the US Treasury.

Forum List

Back