IT BEGINS: Indiana Restaurant Reportedly Vows Not To Serve Gay Weddings

This is Good. Now people have a choice to go there or not according to their values. Perhaps it is time then for an amendment stating that if you are going to refuse business it is MANDATORY that you post it. If you are not going to serve someone(which I think is your right), then you should be FGORCED to have the decency to post it in your window This to me is fair to all parties involved. To disagree with this is idiotic and immoral and anti Christian.

o.jpg

On the one side, there is the commerce clause to the Constitution of the United States of America, upon which the public commerce laws are built.

Selling a pizza to someone in your pizza shop may be commerce, but it certainly isn't commerce among the several states.

You are unfamiliar with public commerce laws, eh?

I accept your ignorance, rookie.

:D

I'm quite familiar with them. However, my point still stands. Selling a pizza in one's own shop is not commerce among the several states. It's commerce among two individuals.

Only an ignorant rube would hire a pizza parlor for a wedding. What a joke.

Btw how do they know those pizzas they deliver aren't going to something gay? We better make gay people wear some kind of identifier. Maybe a tattoo on their foreheads. It's only fair to the Christians after all. We don't want them accidentally committing sacrilege. :cool:
I almost wish I lived in Indiana (not quite). Order a pizza and great the delivery guy wearing nothing but funny glasses and a jock strap.

Gawd you are ignorant and not the least funny

Only an ignorant rube would hire a pizza parlor for a wedding. What a joke.

Btw how do they know those pizzas they deliver aren't going to something gay? We better make gay people wear some kind of identifier. Maybe a tattoo on their foreheads. It's only fair to the Christians after all. We don't want them accidentally committing sacrilege. :cool:
I almost wish I lived in Indiana (not quite). Order a pizza and great the delivery guy wearing nothing but funny glasses and a jock strap.

You can try I guess. You might want to have a shield or something in case he does it and wants to pee all over you.

Nope. Wouldn't do that. They got "stand your ground" laws in Indiana too.

A family-owned pizza parlor is causing a media stir after reportedly becoming the first business to publicly vow to reject gay weddings in the wake of Indiana's controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

The owners of Memories Pizza in Walkerton said theirs is a "Christian establishment" and that they agree with Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, who has come under fire after signing the bill, which allows business owners to cite religious beliefs as a defense when sued by a private party, ABC 57 reported.

That lifestyle is something they choose. I choose to be heterosexual," Kevin O'Connor told the news station. "They choose to be homosexual. Why should I be beat over the head to go along with something they choose?”

O'Connor's daughter Crystal said she didn't think that the bill was "targeting gays," adding, "It's supposed to help people that have a religious belief."

In a separate interview with The Daily Beast, O'Connor clarified that although he doesn't "have a problem with gay people," he does not condone same-sex marriage. Although he wouldn't cater to a same-sex wedding, he wouldn't turn anyone away from the shop itself.

“I mean, we don’t believe in murder. I also don’t believe in abortion,” he added.

More: Indiana's Memories Pizza Reportedly Becomes First Business To Reject Catering Gay Weddings

It's sad to watch religious bigots expose themselves.
The OP does know that the law was first written from the request of a Native American tribe so they could use mushrooms in their religious practices?

the only thing the op knows: is what they swallow off leftwing hate sites and from their Masters in the Democrat party

Hmmmm, you really think so, Stephanie? Yeah, "let's roll!" with that one!

o.jpg

And the tagline: "Their ovens are large enough for several pies at once. #memoriespizza"
April 1, 2015

On the one side, there is the commerce clause to the Constitution of the United States of America, upon which the public commerce laws are built.

Selling a pizza to someone in your pizza shop may be commerce, but it certainly isn't commerce among the several states.

I'm quite familiar with them. However, my point still stands. Selling a pizza in one's own shop is not commerce among the several states. It's commerce among two individuals.

So, let me get this straight. You joined USMB in 2012, almost 3 years ago, and now you have posted twice, right here on this thread. No introduction thread, no nothing:

Centinel.jpg

And out of this unbelievably socky atmosphere you have created, I am supposed to take you seriously.

Public commerce laws are not only for commerce between the states.

You are aware that we are a nation of laws, right? And that the rule of law is supposed to be respected by all, right?

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go wash some socks. Who knows, YOU may be one of them!

:banana:

This is a catastrophe. Everyone deserves a pizza catered wedding. It''s the American dream. When every little girl dreams of being bride when she grows up, her number one thought is the delicious pizza that they'll serve at her reception.

Predictable pushback to the narcissistic actions of the PC Police.

They can't just walk away from a bigot, they have to fucking push it, and now it's all worse.

Way to go, gang. We're even more divided than ever, somehow. You really have a gift.

So, let me get this straight. You joined USMB in 2012, almost 3 years ago, and now you have posted twice, right here on this thread. No introduction thread, no nothing:

View attachment 38860

And out of this unbelievably socky atmosphere you have created, I am supposed to take you seriously.

Public commerce laws are not only for commerce between the states.

You are aware that we are a nation of laws, right? And that the rule of law is supposed to be respected by all, right?

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go wash some socks. Who knows, YOU may be one of them!

:banana:

Yes, the constitution is law. You cited the commerce clause of this law, which gives congress the power to regulate commerce among the states. Selling someone a pizza is commerce among individuals, not among states.

This is a catastrophe. Everyone deserves a pizza catered wedding. It''s the American dream. When every little girl dreams of being bride when she grows up, her number one thought is the delicious pizza that they'll serve at her reception.
LOL...

Watching their Yelp page is truly funny. This is one day these guys will never forget.

Forum List

Back