It has begun. The war of Americans against Americans.

What is your "side", and what has it to do with the post's reference to peripheral distractions? It almost sounds as if you were finding violence justified in the recent movement. This is America. There is a ballot box.

Yeah, this funny thing happened. People went to the ballot box and their candidate got 3 million more votes and she didn't get the job.

You are kind of making my point for me.

Democratic change is entirely possible. The entire House can be replaced every two years. Voting or violence are the choices, and you will find people vote against violence.

Um, yeah, here's the thing. Only about 40 seats in the house will be competitive this year. Let's get real. Violence is happening because our elected officials AREN'T doing their jobs.

Trying to cast the quoted post as only possibly coming from what in these threads you show you take for being 'right' does not make that the case.
No one has more contempt for totalitarians of whatever flavor than I.

Whatever, dude. The problem is, we didn't fail to fix police brutality because too much effort was put on giving gay people fair rights. (I would however, argue that gay rights happened a little faster because white people are more likely to have a gay person at the Thanksgiving Table than a black person.)

We failed to fix it because frankly, we are kind of brainwashed to give the police the benefit of the doubt. Shit, how many cop shows are on TV right now?

Well, I checked. In the 19-20 Season, there were 19 Police/Crime shows. About 20% of all scripted shows are about cops. Shows where the cops are almost always shown as good guy and never shoot or brutalize anyone who didn't totally have it coming. And it's been that way for years, really.

So, yeah, unless we see a Rodney King or a Laquan McDonald or a Floyd George being brutalized by cops, we usually give the cop the benefit of the doubt.

Violence is happening only because the Coup plotters are still walking among free men. I'm sure Soros wouldn't be able to find many takers if they knew a firing squad was in their immediate future

Last edited:

Forum List

Back