🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It Is Past Time To Raise The SS And Medicare Eligibility Ages

The simple fact is that 35 percent of the elderly were living in poverty before Social Security. Today, 9 percent.

If you also consider the fact that the income gap has widened tremendously, you have to be pretty stupid to believe those people on the wrong end of the stick have money to invest in their retirement.

On top of that, the days of 8 percent ROI are long gone.

And when you consider the millions who were stupid enough to vote for a huckster Democratic limousine liberal from New York, then it becomes pretty obvious what kind of disaster would result from a return to the days before Social Security.

"Call now to buy your one ounce gold-plated Trump commemorative coin for only $39.95!"

Social Security and Medicare are not going away. It is a stupid waste of time to even argue over that.

Since they are here to stay, then we need to implement some common sense reforms. Chief among those is the need to raise the eligibility age.

Invest the SocSec Trust Fund in US Equities
I'd rather invest "my share" in pocket aces....Higher probability of a ROI.
The problem is that people like you would invest in get-rich-quick scams like Trump University courses, and then march on Washington to support you after you were wiped out.
SS is a stay poor scam
The FACTS contradict you. But don't let that stop you from parroting the bullshit fed to you by your propagandists. :lol:

The simple fact is that 35 percent of the elderly were living in poverty before Social Security. Today, 9 percent.

If you also consider the fact that the income gap has widened tremendously, you have to be pretty stupid to believe those people on the wrong end of the stick have money to invest in their retirement.

And when you consider the millions who were stupid enough to vote for a huckster Democratic limousine liberal from New York, then it becomes pretty obvious what kind of disaster would result from a return to the days before Social Security.

"Call now to buy your one ounce gold-plated Trump commemorative coin for only $39.95!"

That tells me nothing. Im not against people taking SS or opting in to have taxes taken out of their paycheck. Why are you against everyone having a choice to opt in or out of this?

Invest the SocSec Trust Fund in US Equities
I'd rather invest "my share" in pocket aces....Higher probability of a ROI.
The problem is that people like you would invest in get-rich-quick scams like Trump University courses, and then march on Washington to support you after you were wiped out.
SS is a stay poor scam
The FACTS contradict you. But don't let that stop you from parroting the bullshit fed to you by your propagandists. :lol:

The FACT is that if a person had control over the money confiscated for SS they would live a far more financially secure retirement.

For example the per capita income in the US ( of people 15 and over) is just over 50K a year

But let's use a more realistic number

If a person makes 35 K a year every year for the duration of his working life say 21 to 66 what would his monthly SS check be?

Well the average SS check is just over 1400 a month so let's use that but we should consider that the person in this example would most likely get less since his income is below the average.

So 35 k a year

That's 181 a month taken out for Fica and the employer matches it

so 362 a month

Lets invest that at the 7% average return of the S&P 500

362 a month for 45 years

That's 1,381,290 dollars

Now how long will that last if he earns 3% on it in a bond fund for example

Let's say our person lives on 35 K a year in retirement

Notice he didn't have to decrease his standard of living in retirement

That money would last forever as he would not live long enough to spend it all

Compare that to the less than 1400 a month he will get from SS

and you should come to the conclusion that SS is a keep you poor scam

And the definition of living in poverty has never changed in that time?

And I don't know about you but I sure as hell am getting better than 8% in my retirement portfolio

And the definition of living in poverty has never changed in that time?

And I don't know about you but I sure as hell am getting better than 8% in my retirement portfolio
Start a hedge fund then. ;)

So back to 1982.

The life expectancy at birth in 1982 was 74.36 years. 70.8 years for men, 78.1 years for women.

Today, the life expectancy at birth is 78.69 years. 76.3 for men, 81.2 for women.

Congress only added TWO years to the retirement age, yet we are living more than FOUR years longer now.

It is time to apply some common sense. We are LIVING longer, we should be WORKING longer.

There simply is no comeback to counter that logical, common sense argument.

We need to raise the retirement age to 70, immediately, and index it to 9 percent of the population going forward.

This would go a long, long way toward balancing the federal budget.
Some of us should be working longer. Perhaps you have the statistics from 1940, but I believe one reason there were so many more workers than retirees is that a lot of folks died before age 65, esp physical labor folks.

We don't have as many people working themselves literally to death now, but manual laborers are kicked off jobs at age 50. What do they do? I suspect many take early soc sec at 62, if they can't qualify as disabled.

And what of people who develop early onset Alzheimers or dementia? Can they not get soc sec at age 66 if they can get by without institutional care?

In short, it seems to me that you're inevitably aiming at a tiered federal benefit. The sicker get less as a yearly benefit.

Last edited:
It's past time to abolish both those idiotic Ponzi schemes.

Philosophically, I agree, but in reality, it would be like trying to ban guns. It's politically impossible.
Demographics are the reality....We've run out of sheep to fleece, in order to hide the corrupt nature of these money pit scams.....Just admit it now and be done with it.

Social Security and Medicare are not going away. It is a stupid waste of time to even argue over that.

Since they are here to stay, then we need to implement some common sense reforms. Chief among those is the need to raise the eligibility age.
Spoken like the pure statist stooge that you are.

Hey! He's the only "Real Republican" ® on here. Well maybe him and Starkey

Should illegals and the able-bodied continue to collect Social Security disability?

Forum List

Back