🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It Is Past Time To Raise The SS And Medicare Eligibility Ages

Social Security and Medicare are not going away. It is a stupid waste of time to even argue over that.

Since they are here to stay, then we need to implement some common sense reforms. Chief among those is the need to raise the eligibility age.
Spoken like the pure statist stooge that you are.
It's statist to think a more or less progressive tax should be used to keep the elderly out of poverty?

It's time to offer everyone an opportunity to opt in or out.
I should get to opt out of half of defense spending too then.

Hey, Im with you there and all the social spending too, however your statement says that you're down with the long arm of the govt with the boot on the neck.
It's a tax, not a retirement investment. And none of us can opt out of taxes we don't like.

Yes, it can be changed. Obamacare penalty ends in about three weeks.

It's time to offer everyone an opportunity to opt in or out.
I should get to opt out of half of defense spending too then.

Hey, Im with you there and all the social spending too, however your statement says that you're down with the long arm of the govt with the boot on the neck.
It's a tax, not a retirement investment. And none of us can opt out of taxes we don't like.

Yes, it can be changed. Obamacare penalty ends in about three weeks.
Yes, congress could amend the soc sec act to make it optional, and the potus could sign that.

Please run on that in 20

It's statist to think a more or less progressive tax should be used to keep the elderly out of poverty?
Yes....Charity begins at home.

Beside that, "the elderly" are the wealthiest demographic in the first place.

And, apparently, ends there as well, which is why we had to implement social security in the first place. The year 1935 called, they said you are missing the debate you already lost.
Horsheshit....It was used as a federal tax honey pot since the day it was enacted...."The elderly" were just used as an unassailable totem, exactly as they are today.

And, apparently, ends there as well, which is why we had to implement social security in the first place. The year 1935 called, they said you are missing the debate you already lost.
Horsheshit....It was used as a federal tax honey pot since the day it was enacted...."The elderly" were just used as an unassailable totem, exactly as they are today.
Nah, that's gold standard survivalist pap. Again, you lost this debate 80 years ago.

Beside that, "the elderly" are the wealthiest demographic in the first place.
Well you can believe that, but then you accuse others of being "statist" for disagreeing. Yet, what is statism in your view? Pure laissez faire, with no environmental or banking regulation? Is the economy over regulated by a tax to make sure most seniors are not in poverty as they were before the tax?

Well you can believe that, but then you accuse others of being "statist" for disagreeing. Yet, what is statism in your view? Pure laissez faire, with no environmental or banking regulation? Is the economy over regulated by a tax to make sure most seniors are not in poverty as they were before the tax?
I call people statists, when they go looking to The State as their sort of parent or rich uncle.....Which is an alarming number of people.

History has shown that The State will never ever constrain itself to the allegedly noble things, like environmental or banking regulation...I've moved from being an apologist for the minarchy of the Constitution (which always grows beyond any reasonable control) to the point see no use for them at all.

I call people statists, when they go looking to The State as their sort of parent or rich uncle.....Which is an alarming number of people.

History has shown that The State will never ever constrain itself to the allegedly noble things, like environmental or banking regulation...I've moved from being an apologist for the minarchy of the Constitution (which always grows beyond any reasonable control) to the point see no use for them at all.
So, you believe in no laws for enviro or banking regulation, nor progressive taxes to support retired workers? Not trying to put words in your mouth, but just because you support those kinds of laws does NOT make one a statist according to all definitions.

So, you believe in no laws for enviro or banking regulation, nor progressive taxes to support retired workers? Not trying to put words in your mouth, but just because you support those kinds of laws does NOT make one a statist according to all definitions.
I support none of it.

StatismUtopian.jpg

Well, good luck with that, but don't get cancer or need to cross a bridge.

Forum List

Back