🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It Is Past Time To Raise The SS And Medicare Eligibility Ages

This is an empirical fact - people consistently under-estimate that they have to save more than they really do. They don't reduce their living standards and increase their savings rate when they are earning money. They simply don't.

Kinda hard to do when you can barely pay the rent and eat ya know

Better idea...raise the cap on Social Security payroll taxes. That solves THAT problem without having to wait till you're near dead to retire

That turns SS from a savings plan to a welfare plan.
It's a welfare plan right now...There are no "savings"...There is no "trust fund"...All the money has been spent....It has been a lie since the get-go.

Most investors either don't or can't save enough for retirement, even with an advisor. That's a simple fact. I was a broker for a time. Most people are clueless. I know this contradicts your ideological worldview, but it's true.

If the state investment plans are doing better than the average investor, then clearly The State is not misallocating funds.
Here's an idea: It's none of your business.

I've finally hit on the main reason that none of the central planner do-gooders can stand to leave the hoi polloy to their own spending/saving/investing/giving devices...It has to do with the one thing that scares the hell out of them the most...That if given the choice -a real choice- that not enough people would choose them to run their affairs, to make the whole scam operation go....And there's no Utopian central planner who could deal with that reality, ever.

The modern Republican Party...

Turning Bedford Falls into Pottersville... one impoverished, pension-less Senior Citizen at a time...

--------------

Best that they die, and thereby decrease the surplus population, eh?

Kinda hard to do when you can barely pay the rent and eat ya know
Paying the rent and eating would be a whole lot easier were it not for the minions of The State stealing half of your earnings, ostensibly for your own good.

What will happen if I resist is that eventually someone with a gun strapped to them will come and force me to comply...And if I further resist, they are authorized to draw and use that weapon......That's not hyperbole, dude.

Not an argument that will end SS. Sorry.
It will collapse of its own weight, no matter what happens...I'm for facing the reality, rather than pretending that enough polish is going to turn a turd into a lump of gold.
It SS collapses, it will be because of willful ignorance and demagoguery.

Who will buy the Bonds necessary to float the program?

Paying the rent and eating would be a whole lot easier were it not for the minions of The State stealing half of your earnings, ostensibly for your own good.

Whaderu fukkin stoopid?

Poor folks don't pay Federal Income Tax

Who will buy the Bonds necessary to float the program?
You will...If they have to inflate the currency to being worth less than toilet paper to do it.

The Ultimate game of Chicken is being played out right before our eyes.
The FED is going to collapse everything.
Yeah, well at least there are two of us here who can face reality...The rest of them are like Jeff Spicoli after wrecking the Camaro...

You're not going to outrun the demographics of the situation...
Nor do I intend to do so. See, we know those facts. And we can account for them, if we have the will to do so. But the rich and corporations have their little political army, and it doesn't answer to us very well.

Nor do I intend to do so. See, we know those facts. And we can account for them, if we have the will to do so. But the rich and corporations have their little political army, and it doesn't answer to us very well.
You can't ̶l̶o̶o̶t̶ tax the rich enough to float that scam anymore...There aren't enough of them.

Face it....The whole scam is going to collapse and, short of inflating the currency into total worthlessness, there's not a goddamned thing you or anyone else can do about it.

You can't ̶l̶o̶o̶t̶ tax the rich enough to float that scam anymore.
Of course we can, and they will still be rich. We just pass the law to raise their contributions., thus helping to preserve the economy and national security that fosters the sort of environment people can get rich in. Very simple...it's not rocket surgery....

I reject your imbecilie's rhetoric that taxes are theft.

You can't ̶l̶o̶o̶t̶ tax the rich enough to float that scam anymore.
Of course we can, and they will still be rich. We just pass the law to raise their contributions., thus helping to preserve the economy and national security that fosters the sort of environment people can get rich in. Very simple...it's not rocket surgery....

I reject your imbecilie's rhetoric that taxes are theft.
Ah, yes, I'm sure the businesses will conduct their business here in the face of infinitely rising tax rates while other locations would tax them less. Sure as hell won't recognize that they're footing the bill for an unsustainable ponzi scheme that nobody wants.

It's not rhetoric that taxes are theft, it's fact. The government is demanding the fruits of your labor, which they have no claim to, and if you don't pay, they threaten you with their thugs with guns. It's literally theft.

Forum List

Back