🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It Is Past Time To Raise The SS And Medicare Eligibility Ages

You can't ̶l̶o̶o̶t̶ tax the rich enough to float that scam anymore.
Of course we can, and they will still be rich. We just pass the law to raise their contributions., thus helping to preserve the economy and national security that fosters the sort of environment people can get rich in. Very simple...it's not rocket surgery....

I reject your imbecilie's rhetoric that taxes are theft.
And which segment of our population has gained overwhelmingly more than any other these past 30 or so years?/ Don't bother ,,,,,The million and billionaires

PS, and if you are married and have a working spouse, or a non-working spouse who was married previously to becoming married to you, you should definitely be looking into whether they can get benefits before YOU begin receiving your benefits.

I'm not giving legal advice, and I'm not hawking a book (nor am I competent to write one or give advice) but there are at least two books on amazon that buyers give good reviews for. (I prefer the "green" one, but it's woefully inadequate on Medicare)

EDIT

OR if you were previously married you should look into whether you qualify for benefits based upon your ex-spouse's work history.

Last edited:
Of course we can, and they will still be rich. We just pass the law to raise their contributions., thus helping to preserve the economy and national security that fosters the sort of environment people can get rich in. Very simple...it's not rocket surgery....

And which segment of our population has gained overwhelmingly more than any other these past 30 or so years?/ Don't bother ,,,,,The million and billionaires
Tissue?

So back to 1982.

The life expectancy at birth in 1982 was 74.36 years. 70.8 years for men, 78.1 years for women.

Today, the life expectancy at birth is 78.69 years. 76.3 for men, 81.2 for women.

Congress only added TWO years to the retirement age, yet we are living more than FOUR years longer now.

It is time to apply some common sense. We are LIVING longer, we should be WORKING longer.

There simply is no comeback to counter that logical, common sense argument.

We need to raise the retirement age to 70, immediately, and index it to 9 percent of the population going forward.

This would go a long, long way toward balancing the federal budget.

First, and immediately, the maximum amount for social security (payroll tax) needs to be doubled, currently it is $128,400; everyone with earned income needs to pay into Medicare and Medicaid; all citizens need to be covered from cradle to grade with preventative healthcare.

View attachment 232657

When stressed for an informed opinion the set of ignorant fools always plays the RED CARD.

So back to 1982.

The life expectancy at birth in 1982 was 74.36 years. 70.8 years for men, 78.1 years for women.

Today, the life expectancy at birth is 78.69 years. 76.3 for men, 81.2 for women.

Congress only added TWO years to the retirement age, yet we are living more than FOUR years longer now.

It is time to apply some common sense. We are LIVING longer, we should be WORKING longer.

There simply is no comeback to counter that logical, common sense argument.

We need to raise the retirement age to 70, immediately, and index it to 9 percent of the population going forward.

This would go a long, long way toward balancing the federal budget.

First, and immediately, the maximum amount for social security (payroll tax) needs to be doubled, currently it is $128,400; everyone with earned income needs to pay into Medicare and Medicaid; all citizens need to be covered from cradle to grade with preventative healthcare.

View attachment 232657

When stressed for an informed opinion the set of ignorant fools always plays the RED CARD.
He thinks Soc Sec should not exist, and his opinion is more worthy. LOL

Says the drip whose go-to smear is "callous conservative" when he has no intellectual ammo.

BTW, you're the one who wants the cradle-to-grave "free" goodies, at the expense of everyone else, from The State....Doesn't get any more Marxist than that.

If the government didn't waste your SS contributions (confiscations) you , too could retire very financially well off.

But SS is designed to keep people dependent on the government after all we can't have a bunch of financially independent retirees enjoying their golden years can we?

If the government didn't waste your SS contributions (confiscations) you , too could retire very financially well off.

But SS is designed to keep people dependent on the government after all we can't have a bunch of financially independent retirees enjoying their golden years can we?
What about those who lose all their money ??and folks living longer now get out more than they put in

What about those who lose all their money ??and folks living longer now get out more than they put in

Da gubmint has already lost all their money. Do try and keep up.

you don't lose all your money if you manage your investments

and if you had control of your own money you would be getting a hell of a lot more out that the government will give you

see the example I posted earlier in the thread

Well then thank you for my SS payments these last 20 years and thanks for my recent raise

Well then thank you for my SS payments these last 20 years and thanks for my recent raise

It's so sad you settled for the life the governemnt tells you you should have

you don't lose all your money if you manage your investments

and if you had control of your own money you would be getting a hell of a lot more out that the government will give you

see the example I posted earlier in the thread
And when a recession and depression comes along and you lose it???

It's so sad you settled for the life the governemnt tells you you should have
""Don't cry for me Argentina or you either skully

Yes the market did murder me today probably more than most guys like you earn in a year
I was speaking of the OASI fake "trust fund"...The money has all been pissed away,
What could be clearer?
resident Obama’s budget director, Jack Lew, explained all this last February in USA Today:

"Social Security benefits are entirely self-financing. They are paid for with payroll taxes collected from workers and their employers throughout their careers. These taxes are placed in a trust fund dedicated to paying benefits owed to current and future beneficiaries. … Even though Social Security began collecting less in taxes than it paid in benefits in 2010, the trust fund will continue to accrue interest and grow until 2025, and will have adequate resources to pay full benefits for the next 26 years."

Notice that Lew said nothing about raising the debt ceiling, which was already looming, and it shouldn’t matter anyway because Social Security is “entirely self-financing” and off budget. What could be clearer?

What could be clearer?
resident Obama’s budget director, Jack Lew, explained all this last February in USA Today:

"Social Security benefits are entirely self-financing. They are paid for with payroll taxes collected from workers and their employers throughout their careers. These taxes are placed in a trust fund dedicated to paying benefits owed to current and future beneficiaries. … Even though Social Security began collecting less in taxes than it paid in benefits in 2010, the trust fund will continue to accrue interest and grow until 2025, and will have adequate resources to pay full benefits for the next 26 years."

Notice that Lew said nothing about raising the debt ceiling, which was already looming, and it shouldn’t matter anyway because Social Security is “entirely self-financing” and off budget. What could be clearer?
I bet you believe in Santa Claus too.

What could be clearer?

I bet you believe in Santa Claus too.
Got a better chance believing in santa than you do believing in trump

Forum List

Back