IT is totally apparent most people on this board are ignorant..

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
as to how health insurance companies operate!
States regulate what premiums can be charged!
Companies show states what their claims costs have been that make up the use of the premiums.
If claim costs i.e. health services billed against insurance companies go up... companies ask for rate hikes!
If claim costs go down, companies are audited by states that see claims go down.. rate increases are not approved.

VERY simple folks.

But we have so many of you who call insurance companies "greedy" that are ignorant of this process and that are also
so totally ignorant about the two MAJOR cost drivers that continually push claims' cost up and therefore premiums that you are the fault!

A) 90% of physicians say they waste insurance/medicare costs out of fear of lawsuits.. $850 billon a year to payers!
These claims are costs and as a result drive up premiums.
B) Hospitals under EMTALA see the uninsured and as a result 'pad and pass' to Medicare/ins.cos. sometimes 6,000% markups!

SO why not tax lawyers 10% of their $270 billion and use to pay the premium for the truly 4 million that need and want insurance?

As a result lawyers seeing more tax dollars reduce their lawsuits .. $850 billion declines and claims go down!
The $27 billion pays the premiums for the 4 million and now hospitals CAN'T markup sometimes 6,000% to Medicare. et.al.!
Costs go down!

THAT simple folks... so why hasn't that been done???

California did it! We have a cap. What it means is that attorneys have to be more creative in juicing up the expenses.

Offhand, I would have to say, from experience and observation that tort reform in California has resulted in much, much more money going to the lawyers. They win either way.

California did it! We have a cap. What it means is that attorneys have to be more creative in juicing up the expenses.

Offhand, I would have to say, from experience and observation that tort reform in California has resulted in much, much more money going to the lawyers. They win either way.

Wasnt done properly. In MS they experienced a drop in lawsuits and an increase in the number of doctors practicing.

Forum List

Back