It’s a good day for babies

[quo

Yup, and Paris Hilton is really "cheating" <who?!?> out of money?

Paris's parents and grandparents worked very hard and built an empire. And you're pissed you weren't born a Hilton? Good grief...

By the way, Paris has been in movies, had her own reality tv show, and is a spokesperson for various products. So yes, she still works harder than the average liberal...

Yeah, your average liberal works two jobs to keep the bills paid.

Paris Hilton's family made a fortune because the people who made the beds and cleaned the rooms and cooked the meals didn't get a fair share of the money. That's the point, isn't it?

Not that I envy Paris. She's probably a decade from being found face down in a pool from a drug overdose...

Sure they did - they were thrilled with the money they received. That's why they agreed to that salary before accepting the job.

By the way, you pointed at Paris who has never hired or fired anyone. You're desperate in your argument

Again, the guy who can afford to fly to the US because he can get the top notch conseirge medicine that Most Americans don't have access to is hardly a good indicator.

Compare the AVERAGE AMerican's access to health care to the Average Canadian or Brit.

Once again you're refusing to deal with fact. The people I've spoken with did not "fly to the U.S." for healthcare. They were people here on work visas who made average American salaries in various consulting capacities.

So it in fact was a comparison of average American's to average Canadians and Brits.

Again, you were the guy who said women should be put onto chain gangs and forced into slave labor if they didn't take care of children they didn't want to have in the first place.

I have to honestly wonder what happens to a person where his thinking gets that fucked up. I mean, I used to be Right Wing, but I was never that heartless or impractical.

Actually, I said that both men and women should be put on a chain gang and forced to work to pay for the cost of society providing for their children as they are equally culpable in both the creation of the child and the neglect of the child.

And I honestly have to wonder what happens to a person whose thinking is so fucked up, they believe child-neglect is completely acceptable. If you can't even feed your child because you're too strung out or are not willing to work, you are one despicable S.O.B. who doesn't deserve freedom. And it's sick that you aren't willing to protect children from people like that.

It'll be overturned. You cannot force a woman to give birth to a baby which has a genetic illness, like Down's. Unless you want to give her a portion of your wages so she can pay for the medical treatments, special schooling etc for that child?

So should they start winding down organizations like the special olympics since there will be few to none to participate in the future thanks to abortion?

Don't you just love Noomi and her Hitler-like views on exterminating people in order to build a "superior" race? Is she one sick bitch or what?

Right. And where is this happening, exactly?

England, Canada, basically any where that government is involved in healthcare.

You mean where they live longer, less of their babies die in infancy, spend half of what we spend, are more economically competitive than we are?

Those places?

Ever been to those places? I have. They rave about their health care system compared to ours.

All of which has nothing to do with our healthcare system. See, even though you would love to see this nation under Nazi-control, we have FREEDOM. Which includes the freedom to live an unhealthy lifestyle. Your doctor can't make you quit smoking, eat better, or exercise. And those are the reasons for why we have a shorter life expectancy - not because of our healthcare (which is the finest in the world).

Same with infants. It's not the fault of our doctors that so many liberals smoke, drink, and do drugs while pregnant and refuse to get the proper prenatal care, and that some are beaten and abused by their liberal boyfriends.

It'll be overturned. You cannot force a woman to give birth to a baby which has a genetic illness, like Down's. Unless you want to give her a portion of your wages so she can pay for the medical treatments, special schooling etc for that child?

People who have children with Downs Syndrome do not pay for any of those things~

In fact studies indicate that the same stresses that impact families with these children are no different than families that do not have Downs Syndrome kids. But families with these kids actually say their lives are more rewarding because of them.

Research with families of children with Down syndrome

• Most (70%) of families adapt and lead ordinary family lives.
  • Most families report benefits of having a child with Down syndrome for the whole family.
  • Marriage breakdown is no more frequent than for the rest of the population it may even be less frequent.
  • Brothers and sisters do not have more problems than in other families and are likely to be more caring.
  • Resilient families tend to use practical coping strategies they seek out information and services. They join parent support groups.
  • Resilient families develop a supportive emotional climate and encourage open communication between family members.
  • Ageing parents of adults with Down syndrome still living at home have better physical health and life satisfaction than typical ageing parents.
  • Some families (30%) are vulnerable and experience considerable stress. In these families, everyone may be affected by practical, emotional and behavioural difficulties the child with Down syndrome, brothers and sisters and parents.
  • Vulnerable families can usually be identified in the first years of a childs life and will benefit from specific support from relatives, parent support groups and professional services.

[

All of which has nothing to do with our healthcare system. See, even though you would love to see this nation under Nazi-control, we have FREEDOM. Which includes the freedom to live an unhealthy lifestyle. Your doctor can't make you quit smoking, eat better, or exercise. And those are the reasons for why we have a shorter life expectancy - not because of our healthcare (which is the finest in the world).

Same with infants. It's not the fault of our doctors that so many liberals smoke, drink, and do drugs while pregnant and refuse to get the proper prenatal care, and that some are beaten and abused by their liberal boyfriends.

None of which actually happens. Frankly, all the wife-beaters I've ever known have been right wing types. It's the dumbass who votes for Republicans while waiting in his double wide for his disability check.

HOw come your definition of freedom always seems to involve a big corporation putting one over on someone by cheating them on wages or selling them unhealthy products... I guess you've been "conditioned". I wouldn't say brain washed because that would assume you have a brain to wash.

Again, you were the guy who said women should be put onto chain gangs and forced into slave labor if they didn't take care of children they didn't want to have in the first place.

I have to honestly wonder what happens to a person where his thinking gets that fucked up. I mean, I used to be Right Wing, but I was never that heartless or impractical.

Actually, I said that both men and women should be put on a chain gang and forced to work to pay for the cost of society providing for their children as they are equally culpable in both the creation of the child and the neglect of the child.

And I honestly have to wonder what happens to a person whose thinking is so fucked up, they believe child-neglect is completely acceptable. If you can't even feed your child because you're too strung out or are not willing to work, you are one despicable S.O.B. who doesn't deserve freedom. And it's sick that you aren't willing to protect children from people like that.

those people were being totally responsible. They went to an abortion Clinic. They didn't want to create children. They did things to not create children.

Again, you whine all day about "Freedom", but you want the woman's womb to be property of the state...

I'm also wondering if you some kind of retard. Given that it costs $45,000 year to lock up one prisoner, exactly what kind of work are these people going to do on a "chain gang" that will first cover the costs of locking them up to start with and THEN cover the costs of raising a child.

(Prison labor is probably the biggest Corporate Welfare Scam out there, but it keeps the coloreds from voting, so there's that.)

[

None of which actually happens. Frankly, all the wife-beaters I've ever known have been right wing types. It's the dumbass who votes for Republicans while waiting in his double wide for his disability check.

HOw come your definition of freedom always seems to involve a big corporation putting one over on someone by cheating them on wages or selling them unhealthy products... I guess you've been "conditioned". I wouldn't say brain washed because that would assume you have a brain to wash.

So basically what you're saying is that you're too stupid to handle your own business so you want government to protect you.

I mean, in my entire life I've never had "big corporations put one over on me". But then again, I can actually read and I do read all of the agreements I enter into before entering into them.

those people were being totally responsible. They went to an abortion Clinic. They didn't want to create children. They did things to not create children.

Again, you whine all day about "Freedom", but you want the woman's womb to be property of the state...

I'm also wondering if you some kind of retard. Given that it costs $45,000 year to lock up one prisoner, exactly what kind of work are these people going to do on a "chain gang" that will first cover the costs of locking them up to start with and THEN cover the costs of raising a child.

(Prison labor is probably the biggest Corporate Welfare Scam out there, but it keeps the coloreds from voting, so there's that.)

What people? What abortion clinic? I was talking about the children who live off of welfare, food stamps, subsidized housing, etc. because their parents are too fucking lazy to properly provide care for them.

You can't even follow the conversations here. No doubt the result of a lifetime of weed and beer...

As a father of 4 (count 'em... four) with an ex-wife who wanted none of my 3 sons, and a wife who was ready to accept a down's-diagnosed in vitro child... I have to ask myself where is the father's opinion placed in all this drama?

Roe v Wade was a liberal bitchfest clusterfuck feminazi heyday pushed down the throats of America via the non guilt-convenicne complex.

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell.

YAY for life!

...and I love to see miserable murderers!!

Whine away you sickos!!

and btw - I'd be glad to see my tax funds go to help special needs children.

Let's cut welfare to drug users at once, and reallocate all those funds directly to special needs children!

Last edited:

What people? What abortion clinic? I was talking about the children who live off of welfare, food stamps, subsidized housing, etc. because their parents are too fucking lazy to properly provide care for them.

You can't even follow the conversations here. No doubt the result of a lifetime of weed and beer...
The funny thing is, that like Lakhota, he actually thinks clear thinking people believe his bullshit.

Wow, guy. Nice dodge. When I pointed out the fallacy of your argument that you all would force people to have babies they didn't want, and if they weren't taking care of them, you'd throw them in debtor's prison chain gangs.

Now, being a stupid person, I pointed out the economics just don't work. (Not to mention the pure inhumanity of it all). Man, you dodged like a scalded Poodle. It was awesome to watch.

Now, yeah, I think it is terrible that we have children who live off of subsidized housing. But that's because we don't assure that every American adult has a renumerative job. In fact, the system you love demands that we don't.

We had a moment of full employment, and big business hated that. They had to actually pay people.

[

So basically what you're saying is that you're too stupid to handle your own business so you want government to protect you.

I mean, in my entire life I've never had "big corporations put one over on me". But then again, I can actually read and I do read all of the agreements I enter into before entering into them.

No, didn't say that at all. I said that the government DOES Need to protect people from what they can't protect themselves from.

And trust me guy, the fact you are on here defending the wealthy and their greed shows me that you've not only had one put over on you, but you are too stupid to realize you have.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ]Kevin Bacon - Fraternity Paddle - YouTube[/ame]

People who have children with Downs Syndrome do not pay for any of those things~

In fact studies indicate that the same stresses that impact families with these children are no different than families that do not have Downs Syndrome kids. But families with these kids actually say their lives are more rewarding because of them.

• Most families report benefits of having a child with Down syndrome for the whole family.
  • Marriage breakdown is no more frequent than for the rest of the population it may even be less frequent.
  • Brothers and sisters do not have more problems than in other families and are likely to be more caring.
  • Resilient families tend to use practical coping strategies they seek out information and services. They join parent support groups.
  • Resilient families develop a supportive emotional climate and encourage open communication between family members.
  • Ageing parents of adults with Down syndrome still living at home have better physical health and life satisfaction than typical ageing parents.
  • Some families (30%) are vulnerable and experience considerable stress. In these families, everyone may be affected by practical, emotional and behavioural difficulties the child with Down syndrome, brothers and sisters and parents.
  • Vulnerable families can usually be identified in the first years of a childs life and will benefit from specific support from relatives, parent support groups and professional services.

Thank you for providing that link. Still, I don't think a woman should be forced to give birth to a child with Down's unless she is prepared for it.

[The funny thing is, that like Lakhota, he actually thinks clear thinking people believe his bullshit.

Not at all.

To recap. Poodle said he would ban abortion, and if people neglected the children they didn't want to have to start with, he would put them on chain gangs to pay for the cost of raising their child.

When I pointed out- sensibly, that if it costs $90,000 to lock up two people on a chain gang, (about $45,000 a prisoner) what could these people POSSIBLY do to not only offset the costs of imprisoning them to start with, but then produce enough revenue to take subsidize someone else taking care of the child they didn't want to start with.

because back in one of these posts, Poodle actually claimed his idea made "economic sense". He was probably one of these guys who said the Iraq War would pay for itself.

Thank you for providing that link. Still, I don't think a woman should be forced to give birth to a child with Down's unless she is prepared for it.

Giving birth is not the end of a woman's life- abortion is the end of a baby's life. Adoption is more difficult with a DS baby to be sure... but I dare say the DS child still deserves to live. Remember this is not about the mother only...it is not merely her body- there is another "body" to the pregnancy question. There are two beings in a pregnancy.

Other sites helping adoption for Downs Syndrome babies and children

National Down Syndrome Adoption Network by the Down Syndrome Association of Greater Cincinnati
National Down Syndrome Adoption Network

Forum List

Back