It was done on Tobacco, it can be done on cars.

Is it time to GPS progarm cars?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
If a motor vehicle has been modified to serve no other purpose than maiming or killing, then I'm fine with it being deregistered and confiscated.

This is not a requirement for such a law, there is no express constitutional protection for cars and driving. Cars kill too many people, common sense measures must be enacted.
It's perfectly constitutional for cars to be well regulated. They should be extremely well regulated if any are made or modified so that their only purpose is to maim or kill.

Why should computers have all the fun:

50bc12c2c73c357266c8f668a784d6fa--car-photos-cool-cars.jpg

Too many people are being killed by cars. Today we have the technology not only to regulate the safety of passengers inside a car, but also the technology to regulate and ensure the safety of other people who are not inside the car, but outside it.

I propose that all newly manufactured cars are made GPS automated with collision detection and that the steering wheel is removed entirely. The driver can request remote assistance from a control tower if manual steering is required, at which point the control tower officer shall take command of the car.

All older cars will be given 90 days to be retrofit up to these standards, otherwise they will be deregistered and confiscated.

We can no longer allow cars to kill people in 2017. If we only save one life, it will be worth it. No more car accidents, no more suicides and no more drunk drivers or mass murderers.

Since we have a registry all of cars, it's easy to enforce this new law by confiscating all non-compliant vehicles.

Lakhota

Better yet...

Use the GPS to track your speed and just send you a ticket at the end of the month
That's not better, that's worse. The technology to automatically steer all cars without a human driver (pilot) already exists on a mass commercial scale. It's time to eliminate deaths by cars.

The table below is a list of motor vehicle deaths in the United States by year. According to data compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2016, 37,461 people were killed in 34,436 crashes, an average of 102[1] per day.

In 2010, there were an estimated 5,419,000 crashes (30,296 fatal crashes), killing 32,999 and injuring 2,239,000,[2] and around 2,000 children under 16 years old die every year due to traffic collisions.[3] Records indicate that there has been a total of 3,613,732 motor vehicle fatalities in the United States from 1899 to 2013.

3.6 million deaths is comparable to the Holocaust!

Not even close! You are hysterical!

If a motor vehicle has been modified to serve no other purpose than maiming or killing, then I'm fine with it being deregistered and confiscated.

This is not a requirement for such a law, there is no express constitutional protection for cars and driving. Cars kill too many people, common sense measures must be enacted.
It's perfectly constitutional for cars to be well regulated. They should be extremely well regulated if any are made or modified so that their only purpose is to maim or kill.

For jihadists that is their only purpose.

Wait, I have American Legion metetings on Wednesdays. Will I need preauthorization to visit blacklisted or otherwise questionable locations?

Cars are already "GPSed" Whether I'm in Charlotte or Ft Worth, I'll get an E-mail from my Subaru dealer in those cities when my periodic maintenance is due and both will give me my current mileage. If I have a collision the satellite system will ask me if I'm OK and if I don't answer they will notify local police and give them my GPS location. I also have the Verizon 'HUM' system that does the same things and more. What I like about the HUM system most is that I can push a button and get an instant diagnosis of my car's 10 or 12 diagnostic points, even tire pressure. I can also push a button and talk to a Hum operator.

The OP is not up to snuff.

I've been driving like Speed Racer for 52 years, and not a single accident. Not even a parking lot bump

:eusa_angel: Me too! We have a lot in common. Maybe we'll run into each other someday...:eusa_dance:
I've been driving like Speed Racer for 52 years, and not a single accident. Not even a parking lot bump

:eusa_angel: Me too! We have a lot in common. Maybe we'll run into each other someday...:eusa_dance:

12_7_212.gif
12_7_231.gif
emot180.gif

12_7_212.gif
12_7_231.gif
emot180.gif

lol. Why my dogs hide under the porch when I ask if they want to go for a ride..
3affb630b836b38bfa09b84d4197a007--slow-down-funny-dogs.jpg

Last edited:

12_7_212.gif
12_7_231.gif
emot180.gif

lol. Why my dogs hide under the porch when I ask if they want to go for a ride..
3affb630b836b38bfa09b84d4197a007--slow-down-funny-dogs.jpg

The silent majority in this poll is made up of hater dupes, so your opinions don't count anyway.

We could save 5,000 lives a year by simply lowering speed limits back to 55. Why aren't people screaming for that?

Too many people are being killed by cars. Today we have the technology not only to regulate the safety of passengers inside a car, but also the technology to regulate and ensure the safety of other people who are not inside the car, but outside it.

I propose that all newly manufactured cars are made GPS automated with collision detection and that the steering wheel is removed entirely. The driver can request remote assistance from a control tower if manual steering is required, at which point the control tower officer shall take command of the car.

All older cars will be given 90 days to be retrofit up to these standards, otherwise they will be deregistered and confiscated.

We can no longer allow cars to kill people in 2017. If we only save one life, it will be worth it. No more car accidents, no more suicides and no more drunk drivers or mass murderers.

Since we have a registry all of cars, it's easy to enforce this new law by confiscating all non-compliant vehicles.

Lakhota
Great idea. But only for vehicles that serve no other purpose than to kill or maim.
Yep, them thar tanks running up and down the freeway must be computer controlled. LOL 2A, another specious argument, and stupid to boot.

Forum List

Back