It was so great to see my piano student again in person after 14 moths of Covid suspension!

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I've been teaching a local kid piano now for a couple of years but because of Covid we had to suspend in person lessons. So we kept going with remote sessions but that pretty much sucks when it comes to music. It was SOOOO much better in person besides the fact it was great to see him and his Mom again. He's grown 4 inches since I saw him last and he now towers over his Mom. It was a good day!

I've been teaching a local kid piano now for a couple of years but because of Covid we had to suspend in person lessons. So we kept going with remote sessions but that pretty much sucks when it comes to music. It was SOOOO much better in person besides the fact it was great to see him and his Mom again. He's grown 4 inches since I saw him last and he now towers over his Mom. It was a good day!

Did you mark the happy occassion by teaching him how to play a funeral dirge.

what a STUPID FUCKING COMMENT!!

Put yourself on ignore and save the rest of us the trouble

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Do you teach piano?

When I was a child my mother took me to piano lessons....I have the fondest memories of that time in my life! :up:

Don’t be a downer.

Put yourself on ignore and save the rest of us the trouble

Feel free to follow your impulses.

Don’t be a downer.

I think dirges are cool songs

what a STUPID FUCKING COMMENT!!

I guess you never learned any Chopin then

That's fine if you like dirges. It appeared you just wanted to drop a dookie in this thread, not sure why.

You can assume whatever you want. In the mean time, you should learn some Chopin so you can teach your students.

Keep your pompous lectures to yourself. I compose my own music, improvise, sing and write my own lyrics. If you want to read 300 year old sheet music, knock yourself out. I did the classical stuff as a young man it bores me to tears now. My students learn modern music theory and I teach them music they want to learn.

That's fine if you like dirges. It appeared you just wanted to drop a dookie in this thread, not sure why.

You can assume whatever you want. In the mean time, you should learn some Chopin so you can teach your students.

Keep your pompous lectures to yourself. I compose my own music, improvise, sing and write my own lyrics. If you want to read 300 year old sheet music, knock yourself out. I did the classical stuff as a young man it bores me to tears now. My students learn modern music theory and I teach them music they want to learn.

So you are not giving your young students the education you got. Gotcha.

Forum List

Back