Italy refuses to accept dual loyalty Italian Jew turned Israeli as ambassador.

Incorrect.

vik------ok ----not correct???-------is it EASY to renounce Indian citizenship and---
free of charge? I know lots of Indians who----go back and forth-----(giggle) --
sometimes to get married (giggle). Israelis can renounce citizenship ----easily---
and then even get it back----easily (barring some unfortunate criminal thing)----disclaimer!!!! <<< I do not now----or have ever had----- Israeli citizenship------
I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST
Renounciation costs around $700 and then you have the visa fees which are another 300 approximately, and it is time consuming and complicated. It's a scam.

You have to pay $900 (I do not recall exact amount) or something like that to process your US citizenship application. You have to pay when you apply for US visa. That is the way it is with India. You have to pay visa fee when you apply for Indian visa.

May be Israelis are used to of getting freebies but rest of us are not :)

THAT'S a lot of rupees------IT IS A SCAM (ain't nuthin' free in Israel-----I just got
back------just having family over there is expensive------and the DAMNED WEDDINGS EVERY OTHER DAY!!!!!)

Israel gets free dollars from the US that makes it easy for Israel to provide freebies to its citizens. All those wedding and still the tiny population :)

you are very confused about US foreign aid to Israel------in fact----it is virtually
entirely military with millions of attached strings-------weddings are paid for by----
FAMILY-------like in India . ---------but more expensive. ------those community
lamb roasts of the past seem to be ---------out-dated. Now people use wedding halls and hire a JAZZ BAND (if you are ever afflicted with an invitation---
bring ear-plugs )

I am fascinated-----I did not know that India does not allow dual citizenship-----sheeeesh ----I never heard of Indians getting "into trouble" when they go
back there for a visit
They don't get into trouble, just can't go back. Your US passport will say country of birth- India, and the Indians won't issue you the visa. So if you want to go back to India, you have to go through the process of renouncing your Indian citizenship, which is very abusive, expensive, and time consuming.

Incorrect.

vik------ok ----not correct???-------is it EASY to renounce Indian citizenship and---
sometimes to get married (giggle). Israelis can renounce citizenship ----easily---
and then even get it back----easily (barring some unfortunate criminal thing)----disclaimer!!!! <<< I do not now----or have ever had----- Israeli citizenship------
I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST
Renounciation costs around $700 and then you have the visa fees which are another 300 approximately, and it is time consuming and complicated. It's a scam.

You have to pay $900 (I do not recall exact amount) or something like that to process your US citizenship application. You have to pay when you apply for US visa. That is the way it is with India. You have to pay visa fee when you apply for Indian visa.

Has nothing to do with Israelis. Actually Israelis unlike US citizens do not require a visa to India.

Renunciationn isn't "straightforward", it's a mess and there are delays and they keep you in the dark. The idiots are so unorganized sometimes they even lose your passport. They literally make their own people cry at times. Plus corruption and cronyism is rampant. They have 500 person lines of their own people forming every morning.

A consulate is a small representative of the culture of the country you are going to.

Last edited:
What do you mean? You cannot travel to India on a US passport if your passport shows that you are born in India. You have to for sure go through the renunciation process. Even if you are the child of parents who became US citizens without renouncing, they harass you. The Indian consulates and embassies are probably among the worst run in the world.

Your post does not make any sense.

I will explain ROUDY------imagine----an indian goes to the USA for ----a good job as a surgeon-------he graduated an indian med school....... his mommy and daddy
back there in India-----and his 11 brothers and sisters knocked themselves
out to put him thru med. school and-----may NEED his help in future times-----
and THE POOR INNOCENT CARDIOLOGIST----has a problem to visit his sick
old mama and his 11 brothers and sisters? or to RETURN ???? I did not know---and ROUDY IS HORRIFIED

That is false. You do not have to attack India to justify Israeli dual citizenship :)

I described a situation consistent with that which you called policy. I am not
KNOCKING anyone. It is possible that there are special circumstances
in that policy about which you are unaware. I do know one can find a way to
get money to relatives in India------but----even that could be "controlled"

Money is always controlled. You of all people should know :)

me??? why me? I have never understood economics -----money confuses
me. I understand by pennies and dimes. My understanding is very clear---
learned in early childhood--------If I have a penny-----I can either buy a pretzel and
eat it-------or keep the penny--------and buy the pretzel next week

They don't get into trouble, just can't go back. Your US passport will say country of birth- India, and the Indians won't issue you the visa. So if you want to go back to India, you have to go through the process of renouncing your Indian citizenship, which is very abusive, expensive, and time consuming.

Incorrect.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

Has nothing to do with Israelis. Actually Israelis unlike US citizens do not require a visa to India. It isn't straightforward, it's a mess and there are delays and they keep you in the dark. The idiots are so unorganized they lose your passport at times. They literally make their own people cry at times. Plus corruption and cronyism is rampant. They have 500 person lines of their own people forming every morning.

A consulate is a small representative of the culture of the country you are going to.

sheeees Roudy-----YOU should know--------it is all a matter of careful adherence to the noble principle of BAKSHEEESH

Incorrect.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

It is very easy to renounce Indian citizenship. You just have to make an appointment with an Indian consulate or the embassy. It is called renunciation ceremony. Indian government for some reason takes the citizenship business very seriously. I do not agree with it but it is what it is. It will be very hard for you to get your Indian citizenship back once you renounce it.

Israel, Pakistan, Britain, etc. realize that citizenship is a matter of heart not a matter of paper. So they are confident that their citizens will remain loyal to them even after obtaining US citizenship so they do not force their citizens to give up their citizenship once they become Americans. It should be noted though that many dual citizenship holders simply became US citizens for the benefits that US citizenship brought to them not for the love of U.S.A.
"Make an appointment" ha ha ha. So if you don't happen to live in one of four to five cities where Indian consulates in the US are located, you are shit outta luck and have pay for plane tickets and hotel to fly to one? Actually there is no "ceremony" it's all paperwork and money and you send in your Indian passport and then punch two hole in it making it invalid and then send it back.

The Indian consulate is horrible. The only time an Indian has to appear in person is when they want to renew their passport or replace a lost one. They are very abusive towards their own and literally treat their people like cattle. I know about this subject because I have some friends from India one of which is a physicians and they travel back home frequently.

Consulates generally are there to serve nationals of their own country. In the case of the Indians they are there to shit on their own.

That entire post was false. You do not have to appear in person to renew your passport. It can be done remotely.
You're the one who said Indians have to appear in person for a "renunciation ceremony". Yes if you lose your passport you are fucked. They don't answer phones. You have to fly there and expect to be treated like a dog.

Incorrect.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

It is very easy to renounce Indian citizenship. You just have to make an appointment with an Indian consulate or the embassy. It is called renunciation ceremony. Indian government for some reason takes the citizenship business very seriously. I do not agree with it but it is what it is. It will be very hard for you to get your Indian citizenship back once you renounce it.

Israel, Pakistan, Britain, etc. realize that citizenship is a matter of heart not a matter of paper. So they are confident that their citizens will remain loyal to them even after obtaining US citizenship so they do not force their citizens to give up their citizenship once they become Americans. It should be noted though that many dual citizenship holders simply became US citizens for the benefits that US citizenship brought to them not for the love of U.S.A.
"Make an appointment" ha ha ha. So if you don't happen to live in one of four to five cities where Indian consulates in the US are located, you are shit outta luck and have pay for plane tickets and hotel to fly to one? Actually there is no "ceremony" it's all paperwork and money and you send in your Indian passport and then punch two hole in it making it invalid and then send it back.

The Indian consulate is horrible. The only time an Indian has to appear in person is when they want to renew their passport or replace a lost one. They are very abusive towards their own and literally treat their people like cattle. I know about this subject because I have some friends from India one of which is a physicians and they travel back home frequently.

Consulates generally are there to serve nationals of their own country. In the case of the Indians they are there to shit on their own.

That entire post was false. You do not have to appear in person to renew your passport. It can be done remotely.
You're the one who said Indians have to appear in person for a "renunciation ceremony". Yes if you lose your passport you are fucked. They don't answer phones. You have to fly there and expect to be treated like a dog.
People in power in India treat fellow Indians like ants. It is one of the most corrupt societies in the world.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

People in power in India treat fellow Indians like ants. It is one of the most corrupt societies in the world.

I think that they are EMULATING the brits-----------Indians I have known seem to
believe that BRITISH SOCIETY is-----"the cat's meow"-------like something
WONDERFUL----------the brits are not known for--------kindness to orphans and widows------ask Charles Dickens

Incorrect.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

Your post does not make any sense. I do not think you have basic understanding of anything.

Last edited:
I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

It is not anymore corrupt than Israel.

Incorrect.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

Has nothing to do with Israelis. Actually Israelis unlike US citizens do not require a visa to India.

Renunciationn isn't "straightforward", it's a mess and there are delays and they keep you in the dark. The idiots are so unorganized sometimes they even lose your passport. They literally make their own people cry at times. Plus corruption and cronyism is rampant. They have 500 person lines of their own people forming every morning.

Israeli idiots also lose passport. You have no idea what you are talking about. You get an online appointment and you show up at that time.

how do you know? I was in Israel for several weeks and faced all kinds of
issues-----but did not donate a single half shekel----(which I think is worth something like 8 cents (?) for BAKSHEEEESH

issues-----but did not donate a single half shekel----(which I think is worth something like 8 cents (?) for BAKSHEEEESH

Are you talking about bribery? If so I never had to give bribe for anything and I visit India pretty much every year. You people love to spread negative propaganda about other people.

Are you talking about bribery? If so I never had to give bribe for anything and I visit India pretty much every year. You people love to spread negative propaganda about other people.

who is "YOU PEOPLE" ?? I get my information from Indians----mostly of the
HINDU --kind I have encountered Indians of the MUSLIM kind----but I find
very little difference between muslims of the INDIAN kind with muslims of the
PAKISTANI kind---

PS----baksheesh is not translated as BRIBERY-----it is either a "gift" or a "tip"

PS----baksheesh is not translated as BRIBERY-----it is either a "gift" or a "tip"

It may be called that in Israel. Rest of the world calls it bribery.

Baksheeesh was very important for jews
who fled arab/muslim countries.

It may be called that in Israel. Rest of the world calls it bribery.

I never came across anyone who called "BAKSHEEEESH" bribery-----I never heard the term used IN ISRAEL-------I have heard the term used by jews who
have past experience or family legacy in arab/muslim countries. My parents
and extended family is JOOOOS I never heard them use it. There is a term
in Yiddish which I think is something like "SCHMEER"----which means something
like to "GREASE" something. It does mean BRIBERY

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

Your post does not make any sense. I do not think you have basic understanding of anything.
You keep saying "it doesn't make any sense". What's confusing? Have you ever traveled before? There is no mystery here. India doesn't like its citizens to give up their citizenship, so they make it a point to rub it in. Whereas you're just guessing I'm telling you the way it actually is.

Incorrect.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

Israeli idiots also lose passport. You have no idea what you are talking about. You get an online appointment and you show up at that time.
Ha ha ha. What a goofball. So you think there are Israeli and Indian consulates in every city across the US? Sure just make an "online appointment", then buy round trip plane tickets, anywhere from 600 and above depending, make hotel reservations, then show up at the consulate and stand in line like a goat, just so the asshole agent can tell you that you didn't bring the requirements, or you won't get your passport in time for your trip.

Oh please, you have no idea what you're talking about. India is a third world shithole, most of the people are living below poverty, and corruption is rampant from top to bottom. Some cultures and societies just have more cronyism, and India is one of them. Iran is like that too. You get pulled over by a cop for a traffic violation, you hand him a $50 bill he'll let you go. If that doesn't work then you just threaten him that you know so and so general or high ranking govt. official. If he wants to keep his job he'll let you go. That shit doesn't happen in the US, Europe, or Israel.

I think that they are EMULATING the brits-----------Indians I have known seem to
believe that BRITISH SOCIETY is-----"the cat's meow"-------like something
WONDERFUL----------the brits are not known for--------kindness to orphans and widows------ask Charles Dickens
When you are dealing with a population in the billions most which are suffering and desperate, human life becomes expendable. There is a huge disparity between the rich and poor and the elites and those in power are used to abusing and stepping all over the poor. Because of this, Indians have very little concern for their fellow human being.

Forum List

Back