Italy refuses to accept dual loyalty Italian Jew turned Israeli as ambassador.

I don't know what "duel" nationality is. But if you have professed loyalty to another country besides the United States, knowing which country you're first loyalty is to, is problematic.

what do you propose, Monte dear? there are lots of DUAL CITIZENS in the USA------ the first DUAL CITIZENS I knew were born in the USA-----but still had
IRISH CITIZENSHIP----inherited from their Ireland born grandparents

You ask "America or X country? One has to go you decide"

If they can't decide hang em

Problem solved

X could be Ireland, Israel, India, or the most obvious one China

India does not allow dual citizenship.

The countries that allow dual citizenship are:
Pakistan, Israel, UK, Canada, USA, China and few others.
You are correct with India. They give Indians who become US citizens without renouncing their Indian citizenship an extremely hard time when they want to go back to India to visit their relatives. The Brazilians are the same way.

Almost all other countries including EU, and even Arab / Muslim nations like Iran don't care about dual citizenship, except if the individual is looking to serve in a political office, which was the case with this thread that the OP misrepresented intentionally, in order to demonize Jews.

I am fascinated-----I did not know that India does not allow dual citizenship-----sheeeesh ----I never heard of Indians getting "into trouble" when they go
back there for a visit
They don't get into trouble, just can't go back. Your US passport will say country of birth- India, and the Indians won't issue you the visa. So if you want to go back to India, you have to go through the process of renouncing your Indian citizenship, which is very abusive, expensive, and time consuming.

I don't know what "duel" nationality is. But if you have professed loyalty to another country besides the United States, knowing which country you're first loyalty is to, is problematic.

what do you propose, Monte dear? there are lots of DUAL CITIZENS in the USA------ the first DUAL CITIZENS I knew were born in the USA-----but still had

Problem solved

You are correct with India. They give Indians who become US citizens without renouncing their Indian citizenship an extremely hard time when they want to go back to India to visit their relatives. The Brazilians are the same way.

Almost all other countries including EU, and even Arab / Muslim nations like Iran don't care about dual citizenship, except if the individual is looking to serve in a political office, which was the case with this thread that the OP misrepresented intentionally, in order to demonize Jews.

India does not allow dual citizenship. So Indians when they become US citizens they have to renounce their Indian citizenship. Because of this, many Indians are reluctant to become US citizens even though they qualify to become US citizens. However, it is not true that Indian government gives hard time to those Indians who renounce their Indian citizenship. As a matter of fact India issues an immigration card called PIO to ex Indians to make sure that ex Indians do not experience difficulty while visiting India. I believe this card is renewable every 10 years.
Correct and incorrect. If you become a US citizen without first renouncing it pisses them off. Indians just don't like it. The POI card is like a ten year visa.

Problem solved

India does not allow dual citizenship. So Indians when they become US citizens they have to renounce their Indian citizenship. Because of this, many Indians are reluctant to become US citizens even though they qualify to become US citizens. However, it is not true that Indian government gives hard time to those Indians who renounce their Indian citizenship. As a matter of fact India issues an immigration card called PIO to ex Indians to make sure that ex Indians do not experience difficulty while visiting India. I believe this card is renewable every 10 years.
Correct and incorrect. If you become a US citizen without first renouncing it pisses them off. Indians just don't like it. The POI card is like a ten year visa.

Incorrect.

Problem solved

I am fascinated-----I did not know that India does not allow dual citizenship-----sheeeesh ----I never heard of Indians getting "into trouble" when they go
back there for a visit
They don't get into trouble, just can't go back. Your US passport will say country of birth- India, and the Indians won't issue you the visa. So if you want to go back to India, you have to go through the process of renouncing your Indian citizenship, which is very abusive, expensive, and time consuming.

Incorrect.

Problem solved

back there for a visit

Incorrect.

vik------ok ----not correct???-------is it EASY to renounce Indian citizenship and---
free of charge? I know lots of Indians who----go back and forth-----(giggle) --
sometimes to get married (giggle). Israelis can renounce citizenship ----easily---
and then even get it back----easily (barring some unfortunate criminal thing)----disclaimer!!!! <<< I do not now----or have ever had----- Israeli citizenship------
I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

back there for a visit

Incorrect.

vik------ok ----not correct???-------is it EASY to renounce Indian citizenship and---
sometimes to get married (giggle). Israelis can renounce citizenship ----easily---
and then even get it back----easily (barring some unfortunate criminal thing)----disclaimer!!!! <<< I do not now----or have ever had----- Israeli citizenship------
I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

It is very easy to renounce Indian citizenship. You just have to make an appointment with an Indian consulate or the embassy. It is called renunciation ceremony. Indian government for some reason takes the citizenship business very seriously. I do not agree with it but it is what it is. It will be very hard for you to get your Indian citizenship back once you renounce it.

Israel, Pakistan, Britain, etc. realize that citizenship is a matter of heart not a matter of paper. So they are confident that their citizens will remain loyal to them even after obtaining US citizenship so they do not force their citizens to give up their citizenship once they become Americans. It should be noted though that many dual citizenship holders simply became US citizens for the benefits that US citizenship brought to them not for the love of U.S.A.

Problem solved

back there for a visit

Incorrect.
What do you mean? You cannot travel to India on a US passport if your passport shows that you are born in India. You have to for sure go through the renunciation process. Even if you are the child of parents who became US citizens without renouncing, they harass you. The Indian consulates and embassies are probably among the worst run in the world.

back there for a visit

Incorrect.
What do you mean? You cannot travel to India on a US passport if your passport shows that you are born in India. You have to for sure go through the renunciation process. Even if you are the child of parents who became US citizens without renouncing, they harass you. The Indian consulates and embassies are probably among the worst run in the world.

Your post does not make any sense.

back there for a visit

Incorrect.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST
Renounciation costs around $700 and then you have the visa fees which are another 300 approximately, and it is time consuming and complicated. It's a scam.

back there for a visit

Incorrect.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

It is very easy to renounce Indian citizenship. You just have to make an appointment with an Indian consulate or the embassy. It is called renunciation ceremony. Indian government for some reason takes the citizenship business very seriously. I do not agree with it but it is what it is. It will be very hard for you to get your Indian citizenship back once you renounce it.

Israel, Pakistan, Britain, etc. realize that citizenship is a matter of heart not a matter of paper. So they are confident that their citizens will remain loyal to them even after obtaining US citizenship so they do not force their citizens to give up their citizenship once they become Americans. It should be noted though that many dual citizenship holders simply became US citizens for the benefits that US citizenship brought to them not for the love of U.S.A.

sheeesh-----INDIA IS COLD------sorta-----I am amazed-----Indian American citizens I have known are-------PROUD INDIANS-----(even if they lost their citizenship---I guess) Uhm------some came to the USA for benefits too------LOTS went to
England for the benefits--------the situation seems sad to me-----FORCED to
give up their HOMELAND (wat-da-hell is WRONG with 'benefit' ???)

back there for a visit

Incorrect.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

sheeesh-----INDIA IS COLD------sorta-----I am amazed-----Indian American citizens I have known are-------PROUD INDIANS-----(even if they lost their citizenship---I guess) Uhm------some came to the USA for benefits too------LOTS went to
England for the benefits--------the situation seems sad to me-----FORCED to
give up their HOMELAND (wat-da-hell is WRONG with 'benefit' ???)

They are straight forward.

back there for a visit

Incorrect.

I will explain ROUDY------imagine----an indian goes to the USA for ----a good job as a surgeon-------he graduated an indian med school....... his mommy and daddy
back there in India-----and his 11 brothers and sisters knocked themselves
out to put him thru med. school and-----may NEED his help in future times-----
and THE POOR INNOCENT CARDIOLOGIST----has a problem to visit his sick
old mama and his 11 brothers and sisters? or to RETURN ???? I did not know---and ROUDY IS HORRIFIED

back there for a visit

Incorrect.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST
Renounciation costs around $700 and then you have the visa fees which are another 300 approximately, and it is time consuming and complicated. It's a scam.

You have to pay $900 (I do not recall exact amount) or something like that to process your US citizenship application. You have to pay when you apply for US visa. That is the way it is with India. You have to pay visa fee when you apply for Indian visa.

May be Israelis are used to of getting freebies but rest of us are not :)

back there for a visit

Incorrect.

I will explain ROUDY------imagine----an indian goes to the USA for ----a good job as a surgeon-------he graduated an indian med school....... his mommy and daddy
old mama and his 11 brothers and sisters? or to RETURN ???? I did not know---and ROUDY IS HORRIFIED

That is false. You do not have to attack India to justify Israeli dual citizenship :)

back there for a visit

Incorrect.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

"Make an appointment" ha ha ha. So if you don't happen to live in one of four to five cities where Indian consulates in the US are located, you are shit outta luck and have pay for plane tickets and hotel to fly to one? Actually there is no "ceremony" it's all paperwork and money and you send in your Indian passport and then they punch two holes in it making it invalid and then send it back.

The Indian consulate is horrible. The only time an Indian has to appear in person is when they want to renew their passport or replace a lost one. They are very abusive towards their own and literally treat their people like cattle. I know about this subject because I have some friends from India one of which is a physician and they travel back home frequently.

Consulates generally are there to serve nationals of their own country. In the case of the Indians they are there to shit on their own.

back there for a visit

Incorrect.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

You have to pay $900 (I do not recall exact amount) or something like that to process your US citizenship application. You have to pay when you apply for US visa. That is the way it is with India. You have to pay visa fee when you apply for Indian visa.

THAT'S a lot of rupees------IT IS A SCAM (ain't nuthin' free in Israel-----I just got
back------just having family over there is expensive------and the DAMNED WEDDINGS EVERY OTHER DAY!!!!!)

back there for a visit

Incorrect.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

"Make an appointment" ha ha ha. So if you don't happen to live in one of four to five cities where Indian consulates in the US are located, you are shit outta luck and have pay for plane tickets and hotel to fly to one? Actually there is no "ceremony" it's all paperwork and money and you send in your Indian passport and then punch two hole in it making it invalid and then send it back.

The Indian consulate is horrible. The only time an Indian has to appear in person is when they want to renew their passport or replace a lost one. They are very abusive towards their own and literally treat their people like cattle. I know about this subject because I have some friends from India one of which is a physicians and they travel back home frequently.

Consulates generally are there to serve nationals of their own country. In the case of the Indians they are there to shit on their own.

That entire post was false. You do not have to appear in person to renew your passport. It can be done remotely.

Incorrect.

I am a MONO-PASSPORTIST

THAT'S a lot of rupees------IT IS A SCAM (ain't nuthin' free in Israel-----I just got
back------just having family over there is expensive------and the DAMNED WEDDINGS EVERY OTHER DAY!!!!!)

Israel gets free dollars from the US that makes it easy for Israel to provide freebies to its citizens. All those wedding and still the tiny population :)

Incorrect.

That is false. You do not have to attack India to justify Israeli dual citizenship :)

I described a situation consistent with that which you called policy. I am not
KNOCKING anyone. It is possible that there are special circumstances
in that policy about which you are unaware. I do know one can find a way to
get money to relatives in India------but----even that could be "controlled"

Incorrect.

I described a situation consistent with that which you called policy. I am not
KNOCKING anyone. It is possible that there are special circumstances
in that policy about which you are unaware. I do know one can find a way to
get money to relatives in India------but----even that could be "controlled"

Money is always controlled. You of all people should know :)

Forum List

Back