Items not around much any more....

Two parent families...

Do you think these Antifa left wing progressives savages know the meaning of a two parent family?

or the meaning of a dining table?

they are savages after all.

they know s**t. :dunno:

The percolator yes, with the glass dome on top so you could watch something being made.

Pay phones
Dial phones
Metal garbage cans with lids (weird how you'd miss such a thing but eh)
Big hot lights on the Christmas tree.

The percolator yes, with the glass dome on top so you could watch something being made.

Pay phones
Dial phones

Those garbage can lids made for great shields during snowball fights. :)

How many do you recognize?

A: I recall there was one at the local drug store

B: One of the first items I bought after moving into my first apartment

C: Parents always had one in basement when I was growing up. When it came time for parents to replace their last one, they discovered city had banned them.

D. Should be rather easy

E. We spent part of 1st week of high school physics class learning how to use one.

Unfortunately ... all of them. How sad is that?

In the first batch of pictures what I miss most is my wire basket popcorn popper. But when it comes to missing things, I have to conclude that top item for me are smudge pots which used to guide traffic through road construction sites up into the 60's. First off they had a flame, most anything with a flame is cool (well hot actually, but you catch my drift). Then they look so much like bombs featured in cartoons of the day which makes them downright boss. I'll need to look for a couple of 'em to place on my patio.

upload_2017-9-5_10-44-37.png

I miss it more than you can ever imagine. :(:(:(

We never were so formal and mom figured she'd take weekends off as well. So Friday night she always served hot dogs, Saturday afternoons she feed us hamburgers and then Sundays she prepared a big meal.

And then there were the Saturdays or Sundays when pop loaded the family into the station wagon and we'd be off to some factory tour he had heard about. The worse one was the cheese factory, gosh did that ever stink. The last one was Smuckers in Orrville, Ohio.

Then there was the time I went with him to a machine shop in Canton, Ohio which was 80 miles away from home. "See that machine there?" he pointed out to me and then continued. "I own it. Don't tell mom.". We then went to some bar and had hamburgers that were the size of pancakes.

He came up out to visit about 20 years ago and knew Sturm Ruger had a gun manufacturing plant in Prescott, Arizona. I drove him up there cause he wanted to see it (he owned stock) and soon I was lagging behind him as we entered the lobby. He asked the receptionist if they gave factory tours? Just one of many places we were kindly kicked out of over the years. On one visit it was the boneyard airpark in Marana where they turned us around at the gate.

Pay phones
Dial phones

Actually you can still get those metal garbage cans.......just not to be used for garbage pickup though. They have them at some hardware or farm feed stores. They are great for storing many things, especially chicken feed or similar because they are rodent proof.

From the automotive world: we had outside windshield visors, white wall tires and Brodie knobs (a.k.a. suicide knobs). A couple of others I can think of are front bench seats and column shift. (I recall riding with the preacher in his AMC Rebel station wagon having a manual transmission with column shift. I was impressed.)

upload_2017-9-7_4-47-7.png

Forum List

Back