It's all about October 1!!!!

But it's perfectly acceptable for a Supreme Court justice to embrace such an idea, and make it clear his rulings will be guided by that?
Nope. As i said, i dont want that ideologue on the court.

So what do you suggest? Just sit back and let the right install that political operative on our Supreme Court? Do you want to give the RNC a vote on all Supreme Court decisions?
I dont agree that socially assassinating this man with this bullshit is the right way to do it. Of course, im not an ideological hack dead set of depravity.
You need to understand i only like one justice. I havent had a respect for a full court since the early 19th century. And even then i only know of a few rulings.
The SC is nothing more than a high power political activist circle jerk.

Even Trump called Ford's account credible. As did Senator Flake. Listening to a credible witness about something as serious as attempted forcible rape is hardly 'character assassination'.

Especially after the nominee has been caught lying repeated. Including under oath. Kavanaugh's credibility is shit. Which might explain why Kavanaugh refused to back an FBI investigation.
Why do you think i care what trump says? Or flake?

You should care about a credible witness. Which Ford was. And you should certainly care about attempted forcible rape. And Kavanaugh lying repeatedly.

Again, listening to a credible witness about something as serious as attempted forcible rape is hardly 'character assassination'.

So what do you suggest? Just sit back and let the right install that political operative on our Supreme Court? Do you want to give the RNC a vote on all Supreme Court decisions?
I dont agree that socially assassinating this man with this bullshit is the right way to do it. Of course, im not an ideological hack dead set of depravity.
You need to understand i only like one justice. I havent had a respect for a full court since the early 19th century. And even then i only know of a few rulings.

Even Trump called Ford's account credible. As did Senator Flake. Listening to a credible witness about something as serious as attempted forcible rape is hardly 'character assassination'.

Especially after the nominee has been caught lying repeated. Including under oath. Kavanaugh's credibility is shit. Which might explain why Kavanaugh refused to back an FBI investigation.

You should care about a credible witness. Which Ford was. And you should certainly care about attempted forcible rape. And Kavanaugh lying repeatedly.

Again, listening to a credible witness about something as serious as attempted forcible rape is hardly 'character assassination'.
I think she is full of shit. I dont consider her credible. I dont care what other peoples opinions are.

I think she is full of shit. I dont consider her credible. I dont care what other peoples opinions are.

Oh, then you're basing your entire argument on your opinion?

Then who gives a shit?

Is there anyone who doesn't understand that this circus is all about delaying a Senate confirmation vote on Judge Kavanaugh until after October 1, when the Supreme Court begins its new session? If he is not confirmed before then, he will have to sit out the entire session and not have a vote on any cases to be decided.

EVERYTHING the Democrats have done has been towards this end. It has NOTHING to do with an honest search for the truth, since they have already stated that a mere accusation is sufficient grounds to disqualify Judge Kavanaugh.

After Dr. Ford gets all the mileage and publicity she can out of her unsubstantiated allegation, she will "graciously" withdraw it "for the good of the country."

And many of you will swallow this crap.
Part of the ugliness of this story is the way the Democrats are pretending it's about sexual assault.

It doesn't get much more cynical than that.

It is partially about sexual assault. that is a fact. You might be a bit too cynical.
yea and that's like being partially pregnant. the only part of this being about SEXUAL ASSAULT is this is the dems playbook, page 1.

"if we don't like you - accuse you so the public turns regardless of the truth".

that shit and all who support it need to go away.

Merrick Garland.
and?

is this about justice or revenge? if justice, prove it. if revenge, that shit needs to end. given you brought that name up, this is only PAYBACK as far as you're concerned.

Merrick Garland demonstrates elegantly that any arguments of 'urgency' among Republicans in seating a justice is disingenuous nonsense.

As Scalia's seat remained open for over a year. And Republicans refused to even speak to the nominee. Let alone vote on him.

attempted rape my ass. the left can't help but go for the drama-queen of the year award.

Current justices of the Supreme Court
  • Clarence Thomas, Associate Justice. since October 23, 1991. Age70.
  • Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Associate Justice. since August 10, 1993. Age85.
  • Stephen Breyer, Associate Justice. since August 3, 1994. Age80.
  • Samuel Alito, Associate Justice. since January 31, 2006. Age68.
List of Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_Justices_of_the_Supreme_Court_of_the_United_Stat...

Alito began serving at the end of January, immediately after he was confirmed by the Senate.
Thomas was confirmed October 15 1991 and was sworn in October 23.

What is the all fired urgency? They do not have to WAIT 'til next year. Whoever begins can't rule on cases the court has already heard, true, but since the term is just beginning, it shouldn't be that big a backlog of cases.

Merrick Garland.
and?

is this about justice or revenge? if justice, prove it. if revenge, that shit needs to end. given you brought that name up, this is only PAYBACK as far as you're concerned.

Merrick Garland demonstrates elegantly that any arguments of 'urgency' among Republicans in seating a justice is disingenuous nonsense.

As Scalia's seat remained open for over a year. And Republicans refused to even speak to the nominee. Let alone vote on him.
biden rule.

you make a stupid rule, you live by it. you don't want to have your own rules used against you, stop doing such bullshit.

again - this has not jack-damn-shit to do with ford and every single time you bring up garland or *other* tactic, you prove it.

Then who gives a shit?

"it was the most traumatic moment of my life. It hurt my job. I couldnt have good relationships with men.. thats why i dotn remember a goddamn thing about it" :rolleyes:

OK. Forget Ford for the moment. Kavanaugh lied. That alone is reason to deny him a place on the court.

Then who gives a shit?
BTW, the whole thing is opinion. What you believe, me, bulldog, iceberg, trump etc etc

OK. Forget Ford for the moment. Kavanaugh lied. That alone is reason to deny him a place on the court.
I have heard people say he lied but i dont know anything about it. What did he lie about?

prove it? i mean in the same manner you want people to prove ford lied.

and now that you drop "sexual assault" so easily, it again comes down to whatever shit you fling you can make stick; ergo - bullshit politics we're sick and tired of.

Is there anyone who doesn't understand that this circus is all about delaying a Senate confirmation vote on Judge Kavanaugh until after October 1, when the Supreme Court begins its new session? If he is not confirmed before then, he will have to sit out the entire session and not have a vote on any cases to be decided.

EVERYTHING the Democrats have done has been towards this end. It has NOTHING to do with an honest search for the truth, since they have already stated that a mere accusation is sufficient grounds to disqualify Judge Kavanaugh.

After Dr. Ford gets all the mileage and publicity she can out of her unsubstantiated allegation, she will "graciously" withdraw it "for the good of the country."

Part of the ugliness of this story is the way the Democrats are pretending it's about sexual assault.

It is partially about sexual assault. that is a fact. You might be a bit too cynical.
yea and that's like being partially pregnant. the only part of this being about SEXUAL ASSAULT is this is the dems playbook, page 1.

"if we don't like you - accuse you so the public turns regardless of the truth".

Ford's account was credible. With Kavanaugh caught lying repeatedly in his testimony before the Senate.

Ford called for an investigation. Kavanaugh refused to.

Ford passed a polygraph. Kavanaugh never did.

Current justices of the Supreme Court
  • Clarence Thomas, Associate Justice. since October 23, 1991. Age70.
  • Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Associate Justice. since August 10, 1993. Age85.
  • Stephen Breyer, Associate Justice. since August 3, 1994. Age80.
  • Samuel Alito, Associate Justice. since January 31, 2006. Age68.
List of Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_Justices_of_the_Supreme_Court_of_the_United_Stat...

Alito began serving at the end of January, immediately after he was confirmed by the Senate.
Thomas was confirmed October 15 1991 and was sworn in October 23.

What is the all fired urgency? They do not have to WAIT 'til next year. Whoever begins can't rule on cases the court has already heard, true, but since the term is just beginning, it shouldn't be that big a backlog of cases.
Its an urgency because republicans know trump wont get an appointment in if dems take the senate.
Its an urgency because dems dont want trump to get in another appointment.

You mean like Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi where none of those investigations found any intentional wrong doing, but the right kept making unsubstantiated claims to convince the public there was something there?

Ding dong, Kavanaugh sunk himself. His behavior under pressure was unseemly, immature and biased. He attacked the Clinton's, attacked the left, and attacked Democratic Senators; there is no way he would be judicious and fair in his rulings.

You mean like Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi where none of those investigations found any intentional wrong doing, but the right kept making unsubstantiated claims to convince the public there was something there?
yep. those got to be out of hand and bullshit too. i'm sure i can go back to before that where the left did it also. and then again and again and again and again. so tell me which side at what time started being an ass to the other first?

more importantly, how do we get out of this cycle of bullshit if we keep using our past to fuck with our future?

and since we went straight to benghazi - i take it proof will never happen, we're just in a cycle of bullshit and you feel justified doing this because of past stupidity.

Last edited:

prove it? i mean in the same manner you want people to prove ford lied.

and now that you drop "sexual assault" so easily, it again comes down to whatever shit you fling you can make stick; ergo - bullshit politics we're sick and tired of.

He claimed that drinking was legal when he was 18 in highschool. That is a provable lie. As the drinking age was 21 in Maryland where Kavanaugh lived and went to school when he was 18.

Kavanaugh claims he never blacked out.....on Fox. Yet under oath, he refused to answer the question, instead insisting he 'didn't know'. You don't have to change your answer under oath if you're being truthful.

And even when changing his answer, he lied. Kavanaugh insisted he didn't drink to excess. Numerous of his classmates have contradicted his account, indidcating that Kavanaugh was a heavy drinker. With classmates describing him as 'belligerant' and 'agressive' when he drank, often incoherent.

Just off the top of my head.

Kavanaugh lied under oath. That alone destroys his credibility. His yelling and crying in a job interview demonstrate he has the wrong temperment for a USSC justice. His lunatic conpsiracy theories demonstrate he lacks the critical thinking skills to be a USSC justice.

And yet republicans are trying to push him through anyway.

Forum List

Back