It's Good Friday, and I'm celebrating it by arguing religion with you guys...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...if I was a good Catholic, maybe I'd be following the signs of the Cross, or feeding the homeless at a shelter, or praying the rosary at a retreat.

But I never said I was a good Catholic.

I am a mediocre Catholic, at best. I believe in the Catholic religion, but I have other priorities that press for my attention. I almost never pray, I usually miss Mass, I almost never go to Confession, and I cuss regularly and watch TV shows with cussing and sex scenes in them.

What I do know if that if I'm lucky, I can make a good confession right before I die, and go to heaven any way.

This is an aspect of Catholicism that really pisses off some non-Catholics, especially evangelicals, who see confession as an unfair "get out of jail free" card that they don't have access to.

But it's their fault, not ours, that they broke away from the One True Church, and therefore, have no access to the sacraments.

Also, if you believe what Jesus said in the "Bread of Life" discourse, Protestants don't even go to heaven, because they don't take the Eucharist.

Woops, looks like I opened another can of worms.

I am sure many members of the taliban and the isis can argue why they use their religions to suppress people too.

I am sure many members of the taliban and the isis can argue why they use their religions to suppress people too.
Sure, I'll bite. What does the Taliban or ISIS have to do with this discussion?

...if I was a good Catholic, maybe I'd be following the signs of the Cross, or feeding the homeless at a shelter, or praying the rosary at a retreat.

But I never said I was a good Catholic.

I am a mediocre Catholic, at best. I believe in the Catholic religion, but I have other priorities that press for my attention. I almost never pray, I usually miss Mass, I almost never go to Confession, and I cuss regularly and watch TV shows with cussing and sex scenes in them.

What I do know if that if I'm lucky, I can make a good confession right before I die, and go to heaven any way.

This is an aspect of Catholicism that really pisses off some non-Catholics, especially evangelicals, who see confession as an unfair "get out of jail free" card that they don't have access to.

But it's their fault, not ours, that they broke away from the One True Church, and therefore, have no access to the sacraments.

Also, if you believe what Jesus said in the "Bread of Life" discourse, Protestants don't even go to heaven, because they don't take the Eucharist.

Woops, looks like I opened another can of worms.
I'm an atheist and im a better Christian than you. I went to church last night and was going to go tonight but my dad backed out. 11-1pm. It's torture. Thank god I don't have to go.

Do you really believe lazuris came back from the dead? How about Jonah? Did he live in the whales belly for three days?

Do you really believe any of it? Sounds like you were born into it and it's brainwashed into you

Forum List

Back