It's Mueller Time!

There was no underlying crime
there does not need to be an underlying crime according to the law itself.

the obstruction was attempting to interfere with an ongoing official investigation... the law is clear as day.

no crime on scooter libby or martha stewart's obstruction....

Please explain to me why the GOP is so helpless to do anything about Hillary. Trump has his lackey AG in Barr. Why are they so feckless?

Why do they let her get away with it? Trump's been threatening to lock her up for years. Is it because he's too dotardly? Too stupid?
Last I heard, they are going after Hillary, Comey, Obama, Brennan, Lynch, and the whole mob, right now. I suppose they don't want to rush it.

I sense they might be timing to go full blast just before the 2020 election.

the obstruction was attempting to interfere with an ongoing official investigation... the law is clear as day.

Except the prosecutor reported to the President who told him it was a witch hunt and anyone else who'd listen and guess what, it was. So was it obstruction or the truth? Because it was iffy there is no real obstruction. Not the same as Scooter and Martha.

But you're not the SC.

Please explain to me why the GOP is so helpless to do anything about Hillary. Trump has his lackey AG in Barr. Why are they so feckless?

Why do they let her get away with it? Trump's been threatening to lock her up for years. Is it because he's too dotardly? Too stupid?
Last I heard, they are going after Hillary, Comey, Obama, Brennan, Lynch, and the whole mob, right now. I suppose they don't want to rush it.

I sense they might be timing to go full blast just before the 2020 election.
If they wait that long, nobody will care. None of those people will be running for election. They need to stop wasting time.

20171122hunter_s878x668.jpg

So, will the House impeach?

prosecutors would have serious difficulty proving "corrupt intent" on any of the alleged "obstructive acts".
not really hard though, Trump made it clear when he asked McGahn to lie about Trump asking him to fire Mueller and to create a false memo about it... when he tried to have Don McGann cover up his initial firing of Mueller request.... that was... consciousness of guilt, corrupt intent.
That's not what the report said.

The fourth instance revolves around Mr. Trump's reaction to Mueller's appointment. Upon hearing the news that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein had tasked Mueller with investigating the Russia matter in May 2017, the president privately declared it was "the end of his presidency." Mr. Trump then demanded Sessions' resignation, although he did not accept it at the time, and told aides Mueller had conflicts of interest that should preclude him from acting as the special counsel.

It was then reported in June that Mueller was investigating Mr. Trump for obstruction of justice, prompting the president to publicly attack Mueller and the Justice Department. Within days of the first report, he told McGahn to tell Rosenstein that Mueller had conflicts of interest and must be removed.

McGahn ignored the request, explaining that he would rather resign.

"In the same meeting, the president also asked McGahn why he had told the special counsel about the president's efforts to remove the Special Counsel and why McGahn took notes of his conversations with the president," the report states. "McGahn refused to back away from what he remembered happening and perceived the president to be testing his mettle."

He didn't ask him to deny anything. He asked him why he (the White House Counsel) breached the attorney-client communication privilege in telling the Special Counsel about their discussion regarding the removal of the Special Counsel for having a conflict of interest.

So, asking your own lawyer why he breached privilege is now an obstructive act?

the white-house gave McGahn permission to testify, thus he did.

And this explains what I was referring to...

Trump ordered former White House counsel to lie, Mueller confirms

Robert Mueller confirmed former White House counsel Don McGahn was pressured to lie by the White House about whether he was ever asked by Donald Trump to fire the former special counsel while testifying before the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday.

"The president told the White House staff secretary, Rob Porter, to try to pressure [Don] McGahn to make a false denial. Is that correct?" Democrat Karen Bass asked Mr Mueller.

"That's correct,” he replied.

The former special counsel’s public testimony on Wednesday and 448-page report detailed numerous examples of alleged obstruction of justice on the part of the president. At one point, the report notes how Mr Trump told Mr Porter he would fire the former White House counsel if he refused to craft a statement claiming he was never directed to fire Mr Mueller.

“If he doesn’t write a letter, then maybe I’ll have to get rid of him,” Mr Trump said, according to the report.
Trump has the right to fire him. a replacement would be provided and the investigation would continue. so there is no obstruction. it's why no obstruction was actually called out in the report.

So, will the House impeach?

of course not! they are yellow belly cowards that put their own seats above their constitutional duty.... imho.

Forum List

Back