It’s OK To Mourn For Our First Female President

Marrying Bill could only take her so far, but she did ok considering she had nothing of her own to offer.

Oh, yeah, the only problem with Hillary was that she - allegedly - has a vagina.

I'm very sad to see that someone who is also allegedly female - that'd be you - has bought into the misogynistic idea that a woman's entire value and identity is her reproductive organs, and that we cannot be individuals with strengths and flaws, or viewed as individuals with strengths and flaws, in our own right.

Hillary's loss is not an example of bias against women. It is an example of what happens when a woman is viewed the same way a man would be, and isn't able to measure up. I hope you'll join us in the 21st century, build some true self-esteem, and stop seeing yourself and other women as mere body parts.
From your post it seems the only thing you liked about Hillary is that she has a vagina. Whatever century you imagine you are living in, you need to stop selling woman who have actually proved their own worth short by holding up Hillary, a woman whose whole career has been based on her husband's talent and accomplishments, as a role model for women, or as a champion of women's rights.

I'm going to assume you were addressing that to Lakhota and not me.
It appeared to me you had responded to my previous post.

"Marrying Bill could only take her so far, but she did ok considering she had nothing of her own to offer."

My computer is being weird. That isn't the post I told it to quote.

Not your computer, it's this site. It happens once in a while. USMB didn't dump 850 million dollars into it like Obama did for the Commie Care site.

Marrying Bill could only take her so far, but she did ok considering she had nothing of her own to offer.

Oh, yeah, the only problem with Hillary was that she - allegedly - has a vagina.

I'm very sad to see that someone who is also allegedly female - that'd be you - has bought into the misogynistic idea that a woman's entire value and identity is her reproductive organs, and that we cannot be individuals with strengths and flaws, or viewed as individuals with strengths and flaws, in our own right.

Hillary's loss is not an example of bias against women. It is an example of what happens when a woman is viewed the same way a man would be, and isn't able to measure up. I hope you'll join us in the 21st century, build some true self-esteem, and stop seeing yourself and other women as mere body parts.
From your post it seems the only thing you liked about Hillary is that she has a vagina. Whatever century you imagine you are living in, you need to stop selling woman who have actually proved their own worth short by holding up Hillary, a woman whose whole career has been based on her husband's talent and accomplishments, as a role model for women, or as a champion of women's rights.

I'm going to assume you were addressing that to Lakhota and not me.
It appeared to me you had responded to my previous post.

"Marrying Bill could only take her so far, but she did ok considering she had nothing of her own to offer."

My computer is being weird. That isn't the post I told it to quote.
lol No problem. It happens.

Dems go to heaven, GOPers to hell. Easy. God doesn't like haters and willful ignorance...

Why would God send evil to heaven and good to hell? You people that know nothing about religion should not use it to try and make a point.
Racists, bigots, greedy a-holes and haters are GOOD? Fascinating...

You don't even pay attention to your own party. Liberals always side with evil and conservatives with good.

Abortion vs non-abortion. Liberals side with killing babies.

Police vs criminals. Liberals side with criminals and against police.

Military vs terrorists. Liberals side with terrorists.

Teaching God in school or banning God from school. Liberals chose banning God from school.

Allowing citizens to be armed to fight criminals or give criminals the upper hand. Liberals choose giving criminals the upper hand.

Bigger government or smaller government. Liberals choose bigger government.

Execute blood thirsty murderers or put them in a cell with three squares a day, workout rooms, libraries and free healthcare. Liberals are against executing these animals.

So you see, liberals are the son of Satin. They always side with evil any chance they get.
And you're with dictators and killers, and the greedy a-hole rich. Abortions have been cut 50% because of free BC since ACA started and more to come. The rest is pure bs.
I thought someone claimed that you do not lie?

Abortion statistics in the United States - Wikipedia

Abortion is down 13%, not 50% as claimed (from 228 per 1000 to 200). It also has nothing to do with the ACA at all - that trend line has been steadily declining for over a decade.

585c1f6c1c00000a070ed13b.jpeg

We saw what happens when a woman dares to seek power. It was heartbreaking.

Six months ago I lay in bed with tears in my eyes. I was staring at my tiny iPhone screen, watching a larger-than-life woman stand before a packed crowd in Brooklyn, dressed all in white like some kind of goddess wizard, making history as she officially became the presumptive Democratic nominee for president.

For the first time, a woman had a shot at real political power. For the first time, we could tell our daughters: You could be anything! And it would actually be true. As autumn approached, you could feel the excitement. Women were on the brink. On the morning of Election Day, they dressed in pantsuits and welled up, holding their little girls’ hands at the voting booth, posting adorable photos.

That night was a devastation. Ambitious women and girls across the country didn’t get a new role model. They got a smackdown.

Six months ago I lay in bed with tears in my eyes. I was staring at my tiny iPhone screen, watching a larger-than-life woman stand before a packed crowd in Brooklyn, dressed all in white like some kind of goddess wizard, making history as she officially became the presumptive Democratic nominee for president.

For the first time, a woman had a shot at real political power. For the first time, we could tell our daughters: You could be anything! And it would actually be true. As autumn approached, you could feel the excitement. Women were on the brink. On the morning of Election Day, they dressed in pantsuits and welled up, holding their little girls’ hands at the voting booth, posting adorable photos.

That night was a devastation. Ambitious women and girls across the country didn’t get a new role model. They got a smackdown.

Though the sexism behind Clinton’s loss has hardly been a secret, it’s taken me awhile to truly grapple with what lays at the bottom of those election results. Clinton’s loss isn’t simply about emails or Russian hacking or James Comey or the perils of the Electoral College or the struggles of the so-called white working class. Underneath that, her loss has everything to do with the different expectations men and women face in our country. Her loss is about what we do to women who dare to seek power.

This struck me as I read Ta-Nehisi Coates’ incredible essay on Barack Obama’s presidency. “To secure the White House,” Coates writes in The Atlantic, “Donald Trump needed only money and white bluster.” This is the simplest evidence you need to understand that of course racism played a role Trump’s election, Coates writes.

Immediately, I realized, Coates missed something.

It wasn’t just money and bluster.

Trump is a man.

Much of the country went for the guy. Sure, technically she got more votes, is winning the popular vote by millions, but a huge percentage of the country went for him. Obama voters switched sides. He won.

With his utter lack of government experience, track record of lies, without disclosing his taxes, with his hateful comments about women, his boast about sexual assault. For all that, Trump was seen as more “authentic” than her. More likable.

That’s sexism. You can dress it up in as many ill-advised email servers or Benghazi hearings as you like.

Time and again, men get a pass.

More: It’s OK To Mourn For Our First Female President

Amen! If you liked the above, you should read the other half of the link.

Only one thought comes to mind ...

What unmitigated bullshit.
Quite a few women probably feel that way, sexist puke lol

Though the sexism behind Clinton’s loss has hardly been a secret, it’s taken me awhile to truly grapple with what lays at the bottom of those election results. Clinton’s loss isn’t simply about emails or Russian hacking or James Comey or the perils of the Electoral College or the struggles of the so-called white working class. Underneath that, her loss has everything to do with the different expectations men and women face in our country. Her loss is about what we do to women who dare to seek power.

This struck me as I read Ta-Nehisi Coates’ incredible essay on Barack Obama’s presidency. “To secure the White House,” Coates writes in The Atlantic, “Donald Trump needed only money and white bluster.” This is the simplest evidence you need to understand that of course racism played a role Trump’s election, Coates writes.

Trump is a man.

Much of the country went for the guy. Sure, technically she got more votes, is winning the popular vote by millions, but a huge percentage of the country went for him. Obama voters switched sides. He won.

With his utter lack of government experience, track record of lies, without disclosing his taxes, with his hateful comments about women, his boast about sexual assault. For all that, Trump was seen as more “authentic” than her. More likable.

That’s sexism. You can dress it up in as many ill-advised email servers or Benghazi hearings as you like.

Damn, you're cranky today .....

What makes you think I'm a "sexist puke""

Or, is that something on your list of what to call adults today?

Today? I think that is the norm. Lots of cranky old men around here. :lol:

Merry Christmas! :)

The nursing home cafeteria must be out of pudding.
It's nice that ALL the cranks aren't dupes now...

Dems go to heaven, GOPers to hell. Easy. God doesn't like haters and willful ignorance...

Why would God send evil to heaven and good to hell? You people that know nothing about religion should not use it to try and make a point.

You don't even pay attention to your own party. Liberals always side with evil and conservatives with good.

Teaching God in school or banning God from school. Liberals chose banning God from school.

Allowing citizens to be armed to fight criminals or give criminals the upper hand. Liberals choose giving criminals the upper hand.

Execute blood thirsty murderers or put them in a cell with three squares a day, workout rooms, libraries and free healthcare. Liberals are against executing these animals.

So you see, liberals are the son of Satin. They always side with evil any chance they get.
And you're with dictators and killers, and the greedy a-hole rich. Abortions have been cut 50% because of free BC since ACA started and more to come. The rest is pure bs.

Abortion is down 13%, not 50% as claimed (from 228 per 1000 to 200). It also has nothing to do with the ACA at all - that trend line has been steadily declining for over a decade.
In Colorado, where they actually did it, 42% and probably 50 by now.

Of course in 26 states they don't have Medicaid. Great job!

Trump is a man.

Trump is a man.

Damn, you're cranky today .....

What makes you think I'm a "sexist puke""

Or, is that something on your list of what to call adults today?

Today? I think that is the norm. Lots of cranky old men around here. :lol:

Merry Christmas! :)
Merry Christmas
And don't forget I said Merry Christmas first and apologized- Something wrong with your quote, hater dupe LOL. And that's ANOTHER LOL. Talk about cranky lol.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! lol. And it's only unmitigated bs if you're sexist or just a hater dupe....

That would be like trying to convert a nuclear waste dump into a public park.
I admire and respect your opinion, hater dupe lol...thank god Trump thinks you're an idiot, and has proved it.
How?
Dumping lock her up, draining the swamp, repealing ACA, etc etc etc...
Why do you lie so much?

Liberals are born that way. :bsflag:
Your evidence is total Pubcrappe. And it was the video that caused that militia attack.

No link just lots of lies from you. You said it cut abortions 50%, and it was 13%. Then you claimed Colorado it was down as you claim but no link said 42%, not 50 like you said and then you add it is probably 50% by now, again no link.

The other fact is you have no proof what so ever that it was ACA that was the cause of the down turn.

One lie after another to fit your hateful agenda.

No link just lots of lies from you. You said it cut abortions 50%, and it was 13%. Then you claimed Colorado it was down as you claim but no link said 42%, not 50 like you said and then you add it is probably 50% by now, again no link.

The other fact is you have no proof what so ever that it was ACA that was the cause of the down turn.

BS, hater dupe. What do I hate? Abortions? I was mistaken for once. Your facts are ALL lies..
Colorado's Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success ...
www.nytimes.com/.../colorados-push-against-teenage-pregnancies-is-a-startling-succe...
Jul 5, 2015 - A program to offer long-acting birth control, like free IUDs and implants, has ... while their rate of abortions fell by 42 percent, according to the Colorado ... Teenage births may be down, but unplanned births have simply moved ...
Colorado Birth Control Facts : snopes.com
www.snopes.com/colorado-birth-control-facts/
Nov 29, 2016 - Colorado has been offering free birth vontrol for 5 years and. Unintended pregnancies down40% Abortions down 42% Millions in public health ...

And continuing to go down. Maybe 50% by now. PFFFFT!!

Franco is almost a Trump supporter, he's teetering right on the edge. I'll convert Franco to a conservative yet!!

That would be like trying to convert a nuclear waste dump into a public park.
I admire and respect your opinion, hater dupe lol...thank god Trump thinks you're an idiot, and has proved it.
How?
Dumping lock her up, draining the swamp, repealing ACA, etc etc etc...
Why do you lie so much?
Change the channel and get some reals news, dupe.

If all states would have medicaid and counseling it would be down 50% in no time, hater dupe. Oh no!

BS, hater dupe. What do I hate? Abortions? I was mistaken for once. Your facts are ALL lies..
www.nytimes.com/.../colorados-push-against-teenage-pregnancies-is-a-startling-succe...
Jul 5, 2015 - A program to offer long-acting birth control, like free IUDs and implants, has ... while their rate of abortions fell by 42 percent, according to the Colorado ... Teenage births may be down, but unplanned births have simply moved ...
Nov 29, 2016 - Colorado has been offering free birth vontrol for 5 years and. Unintended pregnancies down40% Abortions down 42% Millions in public health ...

You said abortions were down 50%, because of ACA, and yet nationwide they are down 13% and no proof it is due to ACA, you lied.

Then you modified your statement to be just Colorado where they are down 50% due to ACA. The article links the free birth control pre-dates the implementation of the ACA. So again another lie. You just go from lie to lie. You sir are a liar. Admit and move on liar, because you are digging yourself deeper.

You said abortions were down 50%, because of ACA, and yet nationwide they are down 13% and no proof it is due to ACA, you lied.

Then you modified your statement to be just Colorado where they are down 50% due to ACA. The article links the free birth control pre-dates the implementation of the ACA. So again another lie. You just go from lie to lie. You sir are a liar. Admit and move on liar, because you are digging yourself deeper.
I was mistaken, not lying, Pubtroll. All your facts ARE lies. If all states would have medicaid and counseling it would be down 50% in no time, hater dupe. It's part of ACA NOW, shyttehead. LOL Oh no!

Forum List

Back