It's Teachers Day

How tough can teaching be if we have teachers posting here during school hours?
I'm semi retired.

I am retired.
Hope you're enjoying it. You've earned it.

Thank you! Unfortunately, my retirement pay sucks so badly, I am still working, just not teaching!
Retirement pay?

You make my point again. Real world no one gets free money after quitting work.

If you believe that, it is far more than you apparently do.

I've never been fired because I haven't worked for anyone else since I was in high school.

To say that teachers are somehow different from every other person is ridiculous.

Most people do not love their jobs
Most people are only putting in time and doing what they have to do

Teachers are no exception.

Of course teachers don't see that in themselves but then again no one does
"Most people do not love their jobs
Most people are only putting in time and doing what they have to do"

My anecdotal evidence working in the medical field says otherwise. Heck, even admin research folks love what they do. I don't even need to into doctors, nurses and apps.
Why so many Americans hate their jobs
I hated my jobs until I went to college. I was smarter than a lot of my bosses.
So yeah, I'm sure a lot of people DO hate their jobs. It's sad that is how it has to be, but some people do get stuck in a job that doesn't interest or satisfy them.

I do love the blues; are you a musician?

I play guitar and harmonica and I will always think of myself as a music student rather than a musician.
One last try to charm Grumpy.

I'm semi retired.

I am retired.

Thank you! Unfortunately, my retirement pay sucks so badly, I am still working, just not teaching!
Retirement pay?

I know what world you live in.

Just shut up
I will when teachers start teaching.

You're like a hammer and everything is a nail. You have your orthodoxy here and nothing is going to break it. Makes you stupid on this topic. So shut up
Meanwhile Millennials can’t even read a map, analogue clock, cursive handwriting, balance a checkbook, use a keyboard properly, etc etc...

So? You can't spell "analog". How stupid are you?
Auto spell by a software engineer with a PhD. But you know that. You’re so desperate to score points you go after spelling and grammar.

I’M A GUILTY, PUBLICLY EDUCATED WALKING ENGLISH MASS MURDERER!!
Nope, just a jackass. It wasn't enough to pollute one education thread but you had to go after this one as well.

Good job teachers!!!

Holocaust study: Two-thirds of millennials don’t know what Auschwitz is
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...g-holocaust-knowledge/?utm_term=.d4b1adad02c2
Would you kindly start telling us what these Wapo articles say that you are always posting? There is a paywall; a lot of us can't read them.
What part of 2/3 of Millennials don’t know what Auschwitz is is confusing for you?

And no, there’s no pay wall. Your mommy must have a filter that blocks everything not G rated.

Thanks for contributing to the crushing teacher shortage. When your grandkids have people in the classroom with barely a high school diploma and a criminal past--look in the mirror
Is that why 300 qualified teachers applied for ONE job opening at our local High School?
Prove that.....or is this just more made up Onion level stuff?

You're like a hammer and everything is a nail. You have your orthodoxy here and nothing is going to break it. Makes you stupid on this topic. So shut up
Meanwhile Millennials can’t even read a map, analogue clock, cursive handwriting, balance a checkbook, use a keyboard properly, etc etc...

Stop making crap up
Ignorance is not a sanctuary.
I don't know where you get your "facts," but I'm guessing they come from that Watters character on Fox who earns a living looking for stupid people to film and make his audience laugh.
The Onion and The Borowitz Report

Teaching , like any other profession, is mostly comprised of people who are just putting in their time and doing just enough not to get fired

I've never been fired because I haven't worked for anyone else since I was in high school.

To say that teachers are somehow different from every other person is ridiculous.

So you think YOU are special for being self-employed and therefore happy with your job?

Where did I say I was happy with my job?

And unlike you I know there is nothing special about me.

I'm just your average guy who worked to pay his bills for decades and I didn't love my job more than anyone else.

I get all my income now from property rentals and believe me when I tell you I hate being a landlord
Why do you hate being a landlord?

Teaching , like any other profession, is mostly comprised of people who are just putting in their time and doing just enough not to get fired

So you think YOU are special for being self-employed and therefore happy with your job?

I'm just your average guy who worked to pay his bills for decades and I didn't love my job more than anyone else.

I get all my income now from property rentals and believe me when I tell you I hate being a landlord
I've never done it but I'd hate it too. Stuff breaks, people don't pay the rent, etc. etc.

“Every person passing through this life will unknowingly leave something and take something away. Most of this “something” cannot be seen or heard or numbered or scientifically detected or counted. It’s what we leave in the minds of other people and what they leave in ours. Memory. The census doesn’t count it. Nothing counts without it.”
― Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

I've never done it but I'd hate it too. Stuff breaks, people don't pay the rent, etc. etc.
What???? You mean people don't do what you want them to do? I don't see that being a possibility, when teachers can get students to do exactly what they want them to do......every....single....time....and if kids don't learn, it's all the teacher's fault.

If a landlord has bad tenants, it's obviously the landlord's fault, right?

Auto spell by a software engineer with a PhD. But you know that. You’re so desperate to score points you go after spelling and grammar.

Nope, just a jackass. It wasn't enough to pollute one education thread but you had to go after this one as well.
How dare someone not bow and worship the teachers of stupidity! ALL HEIL!!!!

What the hell is the source of this obsession of yours? Did a teacher beat you unmercilessly every day when you were a child? You’ve really got to come to terms with this thing.

What the hell is the source of this obsession of yours? Did a teacher beat you unmercilessly every day when you were a child? You’ve really got to come to terms with this thing.
Cracks me up how American teachers think they are so special. Pat themselves on the back for doing a crazy job.

And you attack anyone who calls your BS.

Time to replace Teachers Day with Sewage Treatment Operator Day. At least they get rid of crap at taxpayers expense.

And you attack anyone who calls your BS.

What “BS,” OCD Boy?

Having sat on the Science Technlogy Engineering and Math board in public school when my son went, I've seen first hand what teachers have to endure. Plus I was involved with athletics. My son wanted to go to public school for High School, so I let him go. And I pretty much knew a lot of th kids at the school from outside the school stuff.

Anyway, long story short, I walked through that school daily. I saw a lot of stuff that went on. One teacher, this twenty something young lady, oh boy, they tore her up. She literally left the room crying a few times. They were throwing batteries at her when she turned her back to them to write on the board and all sorts of other misbehavings, assaults.

Placiing the bureaucracy of the feds being involved in education aside, teachers do endure quite a bit.

"Real world" of teaching:

In every elementary school in my district we now have to routinely evacuate classrooms because of kids losing their marbles and hitting, biting, kicking, and throwing things. I'm sure Weatherman has the easy answer for this, right Weatherman? What is it?

Why don't you start a school with all your accumulated knowledge and we''ll just see how many sign up to teach there and bring their kids there? Make sure you have almost five year olds who are still not toilet trained.
Maybe teachers should demand proper discipline policies in schools rather than fatter paychecks.

Teachers never strike for helping children, just themselves.

That is not a negotiable item. Your school board is responsible for disciplinary policies. Teachers are not.

Also, strikes are illegal in almost every school system in this country.
You make my point. Everything is negotiable. Especially matters concerning what goes on inside the classroom. Teachers just don’t care.

The day teachers were allowed to unionize was the day teachers stopped putting children first.

What part of "That is not a negotiable item" did you not understand the first time, dumbass?

Oh, I forgot you had years of experience as a teacher's union member just like the rest of us? Wait, what?

You weren't?

Doesn't that make you an incredible dumbass for making a claim as you did?

Just shut up

Who is the software engineer with the PhD?

Your only accomplishment close to a PhD is the stupid shit you shovel "Piled higher and Deeper"!

I'm semi retired.

I am retired.

Retirement pay?

Really, how is it 'free money" because that was money taken out of my paycheck?

You just cannot make a post without showing yourself to be a complete moron, can you?

Forum List

Back