It's Teachers Day

Teaching , like any other profession, is mostly comprised of people who are just putting in their time and doing just enough not to get fired

If you believe that, it is far more than you apparently do.

I've never been fired because I haven't worked for anyone else since I was in high school.

To say that teachers are somehow different from every other person is ridiculous.

Most people do not love their jobs
Most people are only putting in time and doing what they have to do

Teachers are no exception.

Of course teachers don't see that in themselves but then again no one does
"Most people do not love their jobs
Most people are only putting in time and doing what they have to do"

My anecdotal evidence working in the medical field says otherwise. Heck, even admin research folks love what they do. I don't even need to into doctors, nurses and apps.
Why so many Americans hate their jobs

Teaching , like any other profession, is mostly comprised of people who are just putting in their time and doing just enough not to get fired

You don’t understand the profession.
It's no different from any other.

:lmao:

How long have you worked as a teacher?

I've been teaching guitar and piano to kids and adults for years

....e.

I've never been fired because I haven't worked for anyone else since I was in high school.

To say that teachers are somehow different from every other person is ridiculous.

If you have never worked for anyone else since high school, who appointed you to make those decisions about how other people feel about their jobs?

I read a lot. I watch , I listen

I have been a student of people for decades.

Why didn't you learn anything if you have been a student so long?

....e.

Funny That I have experience teaching?

Unlike you public school hacks my students actually had to fell I was teaching them something or they would drop me as an instructor

My anecdotal evidence working in the medical field says otherwise. Heck, even admin research folks love what they do. I don't even need to into doctors, nurses and apps.

Your source is more than two years old. We were still suffering from the Obama economy then.

If you have never worked for anyone else since high school, who appointed you to make those decisions about how other people feel about their jobs?

You haven't learned that most people do not love their jobs.

Your source is more than two years old. We were still suffering from the Obama economy then.

People don't change they only think they do

I know a lot of people and they love their jobs.

Your article points out a lot of nebulous thinking and polls that don't really mean anything. We used to say in the Navy, "A bitchin' sailor is a happy sailor!". If they weren't complaining, watch out!

People don't change they only think they do

Where did you study psychology? You do realize that teachers are required to take classes in psychology to help us be better teachers, right?

....e.

Funny that you think private music lessons mean you understand anything about teaching in the public schools.

Your article points out a lot of nebulous thinking and polls that don't really mean anything. We used to say in the Navy, "A bitchin' sailor is a happy sailor!". If they weren't complaining, watch out!

Anecdotal evidence
therefore meaningless

You do know that there are more people in the country than those you know right?

....e.

Funny that you think private music lessons mean you understand anything about teaching in the public schools.

You didn't ask me if I had experience teaching in public schools did you?

One can teach outside of an administratively top heavy organization

So it's 11 AM on a school day

How tough is your job that you can be posting here while you're on the clock?

Last edited:

I hated my jobs until I went to college. I was smarter than a lot of my bosses.
So yeah, I'm sure a lot of people DO hate their jobs. It's sad that is how it has to be, but some people do get stuck in a job that doesn't interest or satisfy them.

I do love the blues; are you a musician?

So yeah, I'm sure a lot of people DO hate their jobs. It's sad that is how it has to be, but some people do get stuck in a job that doesn't interest or satisfy them.

I play guitar and harmonica and I will always think of myself as a music student rather than a musician.

....e.

I didn't like traditional public school teaching. I like smaller classes, more practical subjects. I never should have gone into English--lit and writing came to me naturally and I have never been able to understand, really, how it could be a challenge for anyone else. One should teach what comes hard to them, I think. I'm great at remedial math.

Anecdotal evidence
therefore meaningless

You do know that there are more people in the country than those you know right?

You do know there are people in the country who didn't answer your SeeBS poll, right?

That makes your poll meaningless.

I play guitar and harmonica and I will always think of myself as a music student rather than a musician.
Then you have always loved that "job," haven't you? Yeah, maybe some nights you wish you didn't have to drive out to some dive and play in the cigarette smoke for a bunch of drunks, but you love that music coming out of your harmonica and your guitar--it is an extension of who you are. That's kind of how teachers feel.

"Real world" of teaching:

In every elementary school in my district we now have to routinely evacuate classrooms because of kids losing their marbles and hitting, biting, kicking, and throwing things. I'm sure Weatherman has the easy answer for this, right Weatherman? What is it?

Why don't you start a school with all your accumulated knowledge and we''ll just see how many sign up to teach there and bring their kids there? Make sure you have almost five year olds who are still not toilet trained.
Maybe teachers should demand proper discipline policies in schools rather than fatter paychecks.

Teachers never strike for helping children, just themselves.

That is not a negotiable item. Your school board is responsible for disciplinary policies. Teachers are not.

Also, strikes are illegal in almost every school system in this country.
You make my point. Everything is negotiable. Especially matters concerning what goes on inside the classroom. Teachers just don’t care.

The day teachers were allowed to unionize was the day teachers stopped putting children first.

Just pass them on, somebody else’s problem now!

Just shut up
I will when teachers start teaching.

You're like a hammer and everything is a nail. You have your orthodoxy here and nothing is going to break it. Makes you stupid on this topic. So shut up
Meanwhile Millennials can’t even read a map, analogue clock, cursive handwriting, balance a checkbook, use a keyboard properly, etc etc...

So? You can't spell "analog". How stupid are you?
Auto spell by a software engineer with a PhD. But you know that. You’re so desperate to score points you go after spelling and grammar.

I’M A GUILTY, PUBLICLY EDUCATED WALKING ENGLISH MASS MURDERER!!

Forum List

Back