James Carville: Biden Won’t Win. Democrats Need a Plan. Here’s One.

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
If they are going to do something, they better get at it, or they'll simply run out of time to run an effective new campaign.

Mark my words: Joe Biden is going to be out of the 2024 presidential race. Whether he is ready to admit it or not. His pleas on Monday to congressional Democrats for support will not unite the party behind him. Mr. Biden says he’s staying in the race, but it’s only a matter of time before Democratic pressure and public and private polling lead him to exit the race. The jig is up, and the sooner Mr. Biden and Democratic leaders accept this, the better. We need to move forward.

But it can’t be by anointing Vice President Kamala Harris or anyone else as the presumptive Democratic nominee. We’ve got to do it out in the open — the exact opposite of what Donald Trump wants us to do.

If they are going to do something, they better get at it, or they'll simply run out of time to run an effective new campaign.

I just watch Stewart's last episode, he was echoing the same thing. Though he just said to do it at the convention.

From your link;

". . . I want to see the Democratic Party hold four historic town halls between now and the Democratic National Convention in August — one each in the South, the Northeast, the Midwest and the West. We can recruit the two most obvious and qualified people in the world to facilitate substantive discussions: Barack Obama and Bill Clinton. They may not represent every faction under our party’s big tent. But they care as much about our democracy as our nation’s first president, they understand what it takes to be president, and they know how to win.

Town halls — high-stakes job interviews for the toughest job in the world — would surely attract television and cable partners and generate record numbers of viewers. Think the Super Bowl with Taylor Swift in the stands. The young, the old and everyone in between will tune in to see history being made in real time.

How will potential nominees be chosen to participate in the town halls? There is no answer here that will satisfy everyone, but hard choices must be made, given the tight timetable, and I think leaning on the input of former presidents makes good sense. So I would advise Presidents 42 and 44 to select eight leading contenders out of the pool of those who choose to run, with Ms. Harris most definitely getting a well-earned invite.

I believe the vice president would be a formidable opponent for Mr. Trump. She has spent the past four years crisscrossing the country and the globe, serving the American people. She has a hell of a story — one that more people should know. She stood up for ordinary Americans against big banks. She locked up sexual predators. You want the prosecutor, or you want the criminal? Not the worst question to put to the American public this November.

Maybe Presidents 42 and 44 can make the candidate selection even more democratic by consulting the nation’s 23 Democratic governors in the town hall selection process. Governors deal in the practical, not the theoretical. But I’m not a details guy. I say we leave it up to 42 and 44.

To be clear, we have a lot more than eight Democrats who could beat the pants off Mr. Trump. But if we don’t limit the town halls to a manageable number of people, we’ll get sound bites, not substance.. . . "

Both are coward's IMO.

The democrats keep on saying they don't have anyone with a large brand or name recognition, (other than Michelle obviously,) yet neither of these cats will throw their hat in the ring. It's just nonsense.

I'm not sure the governor's or the last group had enough time to get traction now before the election.. . . maybe?

:eusa_think:

Jon Stewart Examines Biden’s Future Amidst Calls For Him to Drop Out | The Daily Show​

Jul 8, 2024

Jon Stewart & The News Team Deliver a Divine Message to Biden | The Daily Show​

Jul 9, 2024

The left are mad at Biden because he only had one job to do, keep the race close enough and then they could cheat to win. They are in a panic because they are getting very afraid that they just can't cheat that much.

Desperation drivel .
What plan ?
Involving who?
When?
With whose agreement ?

i am off to make supper . Nothing to see here .

Forum List

Back