January 6 Committee eviscerates Trump

So you hang your hat on what she was told, third hand. It figures that this is the type of "evidence" and "sworn testimony" you rely on. And she was cheered on by the circus that is the committee. Even you have to admit that this is hearsay of the worst kind.
Umm, second hand.
And I ain't relyin' ---or hangin' hats ----on any of that. I'm just an old retired business bloke who farms for fun.
But....for purposes of this exercise, I watch the hearings like I watch documentaries.
To learn stuff.

And I'm learning some new stuff. To be sure, The Washington Post and the New York Times have reported---earlier----on a fair amount of this material (a testament to their journalistic chops). Still, there is enough new stuff to make it darn interesting.

Importantly, for this discussion, the witness Hutchinson was up front and straightforward. She said she was told the tale of the wrestling match by a man who was not in the car.....but she stated she was told the tale in the presence of a man who WAS in the car, and who did not object or correct the account offered by the teller.

So there is that.

---------------------------------------------------------
  • Shows your true agenda, which is to lie at all turns
  • Anything to try and bolster your agenda and spread your lies.
  • A total exposure of your lies.
(emphasis by me)

This could be entertaining.
And I mean that not disrespectfully, but..... but will the good poster
Catman detail a couple incidents where that poor overworked avatar of mine has "lied"....has told a falsehood with the intention to deceive?

Saddle up, skinnyjeans.
Show us the trick of your trick-pony.
Giddyup!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nothing that the committee has to say can be believed.
So, poster Desperado doesn't wanna believe the Committee.
OK. Different strokes for different ____________.

But, more importantly, what the witnesses have said....under oath, and under penalty of perjury......I would suggest appears to be credible.
Does the good poster Desperado dis-believe that Bill Barr told Don Trump the DOJ could not find enough evidence indicating fraud of such magnitude to alter elections?
Does good poster Desperado dis-believe those Capitol officers who testified over the injuries they received and their experiences in combatting Trump Supporters who were viciously beating on them?

Desperado doesn't believe them?
OK, we all march to a different drummer. No?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And yet, unlike hundreds of others he was not .....questioned......
I didn't know Ray Epps was not "questioned".
How does poster Catman know that?
Can he provide us with vetting to his assertion?
He stated it. He must know something. How does he know it?

Your hand has been called, poster.
Show.
Or go.

They shot a domestic terrorist who was looking to murder elected officials. What`s wrong with that?
What proof do you have that Babbitt wanted to do ANYTHING physically violent to members of Congress? That Capitol Police officer acted as judge, jury and executioner. We don't shoot people because we think they MIGHT do something illegal. That was a senseless killing.

The law makes no distinction between the Supreme Court building and a justice's private residence...

Whoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
I don't have a problem with protests at the Supreme Court even if it is against the law. I do however have a HUGE problem when extremists target Judge's homes or the Judges themselves outside of court! THAT is a dangerous precedent!

I don't have a problem with protests at the Supreme Court even if it is against the law. I do however have a HUGE problem when extremists target Judge's homes or the Judges themselves outside of court! THAT is a dangerous precedent!
But their rules differ from ours. Nothing is illegal or immoral when THEY do it.

What proof do you have that Babbitt wanted to do ANYTHING physically violent to members of Congress? That Capitol Police officer acted as judge, jury and executioner. We don't shoot people because we think they MIGHT do something illegal. That was a senseless killing.
It is unfortunate that this deluded woman died, but she was in the act of climbing through a window of the Capitol that attacking Trump goons had smashed.

If one Republican senator had his way, she would have been far from the only Trump goon casualty.

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 9.19.46 AM.png

Lindsey Graham called for Capitol Police to use guns on Jan. 6

Today's hearing was a total and thorough take down of the biggest liar to ever try and steal an election. Attorney General Barr and many others threw daggers into Trump's claims of a "stolen election." Despite the best efforts of his Cult members, his efforts to steal the win from President Biden failed miserably, in the courts and the court of public opinion.

It's now up to Attorney General Garland to deal with Trump via an aggressive prosecution of his sedition efforts! Locking him up lets him off easy! Bigly!!!
Big league not bigly fucking numbnut

It is unfortunate that this deluded woman died, but she was in the act of climbing through a window of the Capitol that attacking Trump goons had smashed.

If one Republican senator had his way, she would have been far from the only Trump goon casualty.

Lindsey Graham called for Capitol Police to use guns on Jan. 6

What I found most disturbing about Babbit's murder is that prior to her shooting Capitol Police stepped aside from in front of the doors she was trying to breach seemingly inviting the protestors to break through those doors while at the same time the officer who shot and killed Babbit hid out of sight waiting to jump out and shoot someone. If you did that at your house you'd be arrested and charged with murder. You say that it was "unfortunate"? I say that's a gross understatement. You don't shoot to kill in a situation that involves unarmed protesters. I'm sorry...you just don't. You didn't see that in the dozens of violent protests all across the nation for the better part of a year yet you did at the Capital. Babbit didn't deserve to die that day. The "committee" won't be investigating THAT part of the riot though because quite frankly they don't CARE that she got shot! They don't CARE that the Capitol Police were woefully unprepared for the protest despite being told it had the potential to get violent. The only thing they care about is using their political power to attack Donald Trump with a show trial in which inconvenient questions about Jan. 6th aren't allowed.

What proof do you have that Babbitt wanted to do ANYTHING physically violent to members of Congress?
If you are looking for an affidavit or an under oath video of Babbit claiming such, well.......you'll be disappointed.
However, Babbit was part of a violent mob that had been savagely beating uniformed police officers on the steps and in the entryways of the Capitol building. The officers upstairs were aware of the "Officer down" calls coming in on their earpieces. They knew this mob violently breaking the door that separated them weren't coming in to get autographs.
Watch the friggin' video......the people were violently smashing a door in the Capitol of the United States of America.
And then, importantly, the officers were shouting to back away, to leave, to not enter. AND....also importantly.....a gun was brandished before Babbit charged at the officers behind the barricade, and it was loudly shouted by Babbit's mob cohort that a gun was being aimed.
Yet she jumped towards the officers. And became DOA. Earned her toe-tag honors.

Ashli Babbit is dead because of Ashli Babbit.
And I'm sure her family is tired of the RWNJ-universe dragging her corpse around the internet in order to try to make a tired point.
Have some respect for the too-soon dead, poster Oldestyle
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As poster Schmidlap duly noted, the Elmer Fudds of this world quickly run out of ammo. They are newbies and naifs about having enough ammo. Or enough gun to handle the response. Naïve nimrods.
Sad, really.
But it does foster a fair amount of snickering and snarking.
God bless their little souls.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They don't CARE that the Capitol Police were woefully unprepared for the protest despite being told it had the potential to get violent."

Man, that poor horse is being beaten into horseradish.
But hell, Skippy, lets saddle 'er up again.

'Unprepared for the protest'.
Ummm, there was not to be a 'protest'.
There was to be a 'political rally'. Two miles away.
The only permit applied for ----and issued ----was for that 'rah-rah-rah rally' two miles away at the Ellipse.

The Capitol Police were not warned by the Administration, by the rally organizers, or Don Trump and his enablers........that he would order the crowd assembled at the Ellipse to march at our legislators two miles away.

Nor were the Capitol Police warned by the Administration that they knew a significant number of the 'rally goers' were armed. Or that they intended to violently assault the thin blue line of officers in order to vandalize our Capitol and, most importantly, halt the Constitutionally mandated count of the Electoral votes.

Duh!

What I found most disturbing about Babbit's murder is that prior to her shooting Capitol Police stepped aside from in front of the doors she was trying to breach seemingly inviting the protestors to break through those doors while at the same time the officer who shot and killed Babbit hid out of sight waiting to jump out and shoot someone. If you did that at your house you'd be arrested and charged with murder. You say that it was "unfortunate"? I say that's a gross understatement. You don't shoot to kill in a situation that involves unarmed protesters. I'm sorry...you just don't. You didn't see that in the dozens of violent protests all across the nation for the better part of a year yet you did at the Capital. Babbit didn't deserve to die that day. The "committee" won't be investigating THAT part of the riot though because quite frankly they don't CARE that she got shot! They don't CARE that the Capitol Police were woefully unprepared for the protest despite being told it had the potential to get violent. The only thing they care about is using their political power to attack Donald Trump with a show trial in which inconvenient questions about Jan. 6th aren't allowed.
Babbit was not "murdered" during the Trump goon attack on the Capitol. She was shot while forcing herself through a window the Trump goons had smashed.

As noted, many more would have been shot if one hysterical Republican senator had been heeded.

Yes, like hundreds of Trumphumps, he neither forced his way into the Capitol and/or assaulted outnumbered police defending democracy agains the Trump goon attack, so he was not arrested.

Does the paranoid conspiracy fantasy of Whispering Ray, the man who can control weal minds, encompass all the hundreds who were not arrested?
He, on camera, directed and advised the crowds to enter into the capital and then disappeared from the case. A coward as well as a traitor, something that I am sure you can relate to.

Umm, second hand.
And I ain't relyin' ---or hangin' hats ----on any of that. I'm just an old retired business bloke who farms for fun.
But....for purposes of this exercise, I watch the hearings like I watch documentaries.
To learn stuff.

And I'm learning some new stuff. To be sure, The Washington Post and the New York Times have reported---earlier----on a fair amount of this material (a testament to their journalistic chops). Still, there is enough new stuff to make it darn interesting.

Importantly, for this discussion, the witness Hutchinson was up front and straightforward. She said she was told the tale of the wrestling match by a man who was not in the car.....but she stated she was told the tale in the presence of a man who WAS in the car, and who did not object or correct the account offered by the teller.

So there is that.

---------------------------------------------------------

(emphasis by me)

This could be entertaining.
And I mean that not disrespectfully, but..... but will the good poster
Catman detail a couple incidents where that poor overworked avatar of mine has "lied"....has told a falsehood with the intention to deceive?

Saddle up, skinnyjeans.
Show us the trick of your trick-pony.
Giddyup!

So, poster Desperado doesn't wanna believe the Committee.
OK. Different strokes for different ____________.

But, more importantly, what the witnesses have said....under oath, and under penalty of perjury......I would suggest appears to be credible.
Does the good poster Desperado dis-believe that Bill Barr told Don Trump the DOJ could not find enough evidence indicating fraud of such magnitude to alter elections?
Does good poster Desperado dis-believe those Capitol officers who testified over the injuries they received and their experiences in combatting Trump Supporters who were viciously beating on them?

Desperado doesn't believe them?
OK, we all march to a different drummer. No?

I didn't know Ray Epps was not "questioned".
How does poster Catman know that?
Can he provide us with vetting to his assertion?
He stated it. He must know something. How does he know it?

Your hand has been called, poster.
Show.
Or go.
I can prove what I post just as you can prove what you post and claim to have knowledge of.

Now, since you have been called on your BS you are making demands of others who oppose you. Without any authority to do so. Just assumed and self appointed authority that does not exist.

To quote you, your hand has been called, poser.
Show.
Or go.

It's not against the law if they're on a public sidewalk. That was the Supreme Court ruling.

She was warned to get back. She should have heeded the police's warning.

Forum List

Back