Jap wins Indy 500

Takuma Sato, a Japanese citizen, won the Indianapolis 500 while driving for team Honda.

I'm just glad my uncle isn't still around to witness this travesty. He fought with the Marines on Iwo Jima and other islands in the pacific. He ranted about the Japs and Tojo for the rest of his life. ..... :cool:

The word is "Japanese."

Takuma Sato, a Japanese citizen, won the Indianapolis 500 while driving for team Honda.

I'm just glad my uncle isn't still around to witness this travesty. He fought with the Marines on Iwo Jima and other islands in the pacific. He ranted about the Japs and Tojo for the rest of his life. ..... :cool:

The best car & driver won. The fact that there was a war 70+ years ago has nothing to do with it. We won the war, nuked their cities, changed their political system, and they accepted it all. The guy won the race.

It's more of an aesthetics thing, for some. My grandmother, who lost a brother in the Pacific at Guadalcanal, hated the Japanese the rest of her life as well.

I think holding on to such hate does the hater more damage than the target of the hate for most of us.

I say, 'Congratulations!' to the little Nip.

They can rename it the Bigot 500.
Don't be soo intolerant and narrow minded.

The Miss America contest requires the participants be American citizens. And so does the U.S. olympic teams.

It just makes common sense for the Indy 500 to be an all American event, featuring American cars and drivers. ..... :cool:

No, not really. It is an open American sport, like the NHL which allows for international participation as well.

Forum List

Back