Zone1 JD Vance chose Catholicism.. why?

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024
He says he chose to become Catholic because the goals of the Catholic Church were the same as his own or words to that effect.

The Catholic Church (meaning the REAL one, which is not seen at the Vatican, but I will not digress further) is the only "church".. Oh, wait, it's the only Church, PERIOD, but anyhow, it is the only Christian community that still teaches that artificial birth control is a mortal sin and abortion--ditto. It is always intrinsically evil --yeh, even when the child is young and small in the womb. The CC put no age limit on that Faith tenet.. That makes the CC one of the few logical entities in Christendom.

and etc... etc

Here's a link even though I can't say I totally trust it

What do you mean “why”?

It’s his choice and he made it, he doesn’t need to explain it to you. Do you think he is going to log on here and explain it to you?

He says he chose to become Catholic because the goals of the Catholic Church were the same as his own or words to that effect.

The Catholic Church (meaning the REAL one, which is not seen at the Vatican, but I will not digress further) is the only "church".. Oh, wait, it's the only Church, PERIOD, but anyhow, it is the only Christian community that still teaches that artificial birth control is a mortal sin and abortion--ditto. It is always intrinsically evil --yeh, even when the child is young and small in the womb. The CC put no age limit on that Faith tenet.. That makes the CC one of the few logical entities in Christendom.

and etc... etc

Newt Gingrich did too.

What do you mean “why”?

It’s his choice and he made it, he doesn’t need to explain it to you. Do you think he is going to log on here and explain it to you?
My, what a deeply Christian attitude.

I don't think Jesus approves of snark toward Christians

and etc... etc

Ugh, the problem with those who choose Catholicism is that they tend to be more fanatical than those of us who had the bad luck to be born into it.

If Vance ends up becoming President, he will become the first practicing Catholic in this nation's history.

If Vance ends up becoming President, he will become the first practicing Catholic in this nation's history.

Ah, I think you are suffering from the "No True Scotsman" fallacy here.

1721776955327.png

Forum List

Back