Jeff Flake: I’m less popular than ‘pond scum’ after gun vote

Lakhota cant be reasoned with....he's a solidier of the left and cant get his tongue far enough up Obama's ass

piss poor polling...liberoidal prop players.

Nothing to see here.
ppp was the most accurate in predicting the outcome of 2012. They predicted flake's win, too.

oh no! Stop it please! You're killing me with facts!!!!!!!!!!

There is a big difference between polling election outcomes (are you voting for X and Y) and polling for either approval rating or issues. Who know how they quantified the questions for either one?

You are seriously the dumbest f*cking fake indian on your little fake reservation. You should recruit Elizabeth "Fauxcohontas" Warren to your tribe. Good chance you will at times become only second dumbest.

In other words, you're too dumbfounded to respond intelligently. All 3 of the above links contain great information.

Unfortunately, current federal law requires criminal background checks only for guns sold through licensed firearm dealers, which account for just 60% of all gun sales in the United States. A loophole in the law allows individuals not “engaged in the business” of selling firearms to sell guns without a license—and without processing any paperwork. That means that two out of every five guns sold in the United States change hands without a background check.

Though commonly referred to as the “Gun Show Loophole,” the “private sales” described above include guns sold at gun shows, through classified newspaper ads, the Internet, and between individuals virtually anywhere.

Unfortunately, only six states (CA, CO, IL, NY, OR, RI) require universal background checks on all firearm sales at gun shows. Three more states (CT, MD, PA) require background checks on all handgun sales made at gun shows. Seven other states (HI, IA, MA, MI, NJ, NC, NE) require purchasers to obtain a permit and undergo a background check before buying a handgun. Florida allows its counties to regulate gun shows by requiring background checks on all firearms purchases at these events. 33 states have taken no action whatsoever to close the Gun Show Loophole.

More: Gun Show Loophole - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
Come up with factual information not regurgitated left wing bullsh*t and we'll discuss it.

Guess it didn't help that he sent a hand-written note to a victim, saying he'd vote for background checks, and then voted against them.

Jeff Flake: I?m less popular than ?pond scum? after gun vote

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) is acknowledging that his vote against background checks may have hurt his reputation back home.
In a Facebook post Monday evening, the senator highlighted a Public Policy Polling survey showing him as one of the least popular senators in the country, with a 34 percent approval and 51 percent disapproval rating.

“Nothing like waking up to a poll saying you’re the nation’s least popular senator,” Flake wrote. “Given the public’s dim view of Congress in general, that probably puts me somewhere just below pond scum.”
<more>
He IS less popular than pond scum. He should be sent packing next election based on this.

Guess it didn't help that he sent a hand-written note to a victim, saying he'd vote for background checks, and then voted against them.

Jeff Flake: I?m less popular than ?pond scum? after gun vote

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) is acknowledging that his vote against background checks may have hurt his reputation back home.
In a Facebook post Monday evening, the senator highlighted a Public Policy Polling survey showing him as one of the least popular senators in the country, with a 34 percent approval and 51 percent disapproval rating.

“Nothing like waking up to a poll saying you’re the nation’s least popular senator,” Flake wrote. “Given the public’s dim view of Congress in general, that probably puts me somewhere just below pond scum.”
<more>

How could this be? I thought they were representing the ppl? That's what the repubs here said after everyone of them voted against it. The repubs said they voted against it because their constituents wanted it and it was not due to NRA influence.

Now you're telling me that instead of representing their districts they are representing their own pockets? THAT CANT BE TRUE!!!!

Dumb ass repubs, thinking more money in politics will lead to better results

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...actly-why-the-us-can-t-pass-new-gun-laws.html

In other words, besides the whole constitutinal argument, they are acting on behalf of the people that elect them?! We have to put a stop to that! :rolleyes:

Are you slow, or stupid? If they want to get re-elected, they need to actually represent the constituency. If the constituency wanted tighter gun laws, they would voted favorably for the measure. Since they want to be re-elected, they did not, because obviously that is not what their constituency wants.

Real rocket science here, fella.

And why would they have to worry about their jobs if a majority of Americans favored the legislation? Can you say someone is lying here? You can't say on one hand that a majority support the bill and then refuse to vote for it because it will cost you an election, that doesn't add up.

I love when we can look back at the sea of foolishness and laugh at it

Last edited:
We already have background checks. Why do liberals act as if we don't?

Really? We have "universal background checks" that cover ALL gun sales? Please define the law or laws that cover that (federal and state).

We don't have universal back ground checks and we won't

Get over it.

How would universal checks be implemented ?? The Feds would need a list of evry gun and its owner and location,that will never happen.

Do you like beating your head against a wall??

Piss ants like yourself will not force me to list what I own and where I got it,or who I want to sell it too.

Why do the dimm want to give up a constitutional right in the name of false safety,why would they want to??

Flake isn't up for reelection until 2018. Nobody will care about this.

ppp was the most accurate in predicting the outcome of 2012. They predicted flake's win, too.

oh no! Stop it please! You're killing me with facts!!!!!!!!!!

There is a big difference between polling election outcomes (are you voting for X and Y) and polling for either approval rating or issues. Who know how they quantified the questions for either one?

Who gives a crap about popularity,we don't send them too DC for a popularity contest.

The right thing is often not the popular thing.Raising children will teach you that in a very short time.

Lol! I like his response to the poll. Plenty of congressmen would have huffed and whined about the poll instead of taking it on the chin.

This is especially funny in light of the other thread about all these senators plummeting in the polls because they voted against the bill,

and all the rightwing denialists around here trying to pretend it wasn't true.

Now one of the senators comes out and flat out admits he's toast over this.

I love it when the inmates defend some guy who won't even defend himself.

Forum List

Back