Jeff Sessions and Marijuana

We all know about Jeff Session's spite towards minority groups, and the danger that he'll spend his time as AG attacking civil rights and rolling back protections against discrimination and segregation. But after the sweeping victory Marijuana had on November 8th the country has presented Sessions with a major test; will he undermine state's rights by enacting a federal crackdown on the people's will that Marijuana be legalized for medical and recreational purposes? Or will he stand by the alt-right's supposed principle that says that individual states should decide their own destinies for themselves?

The possibility of Sessions becoming the nation’s top law enforcement official promises to set off a hot debate over the rights of states to operate without federal interference.

Aaron Smith, executive director of the National Cannabis Industry Association, said that Sessions “has long advocated for state sovereignty” and that he needs to ensure that the wishes of state voters are respected. After last week’s election, more than 60 percent of Americans now live in states that have approved either medical or recreational marijuana, or both.

“I believe that President-elect Trump is someone who has a high regard for the 10th Amendment and states’ rights,” said Derek Peterson, chief executive officer of Terra Tech, a publicly traded cannabis company in California.

Sessions, however, is another matter.

Aaron Herzberg, partner and general counsel of Calcann Holdings, LLC, a California medical marijuana real estate company, called Sessions “the worst pick that Trump could have made” and warned that marijuana legalization in states such as California, Florida and Washington “may be in serious jeopardy” if Sessions is confirmed by the U.S. Senate.

“It appears that he is intent on rolling back policy to the 1980s Nancy Reagan’s ‘just say no’ days,” Herzberg said.

Will Alabama’s Sessions support states’ rights – when the issue is marijuana?

What a crock of hypocritical carp. You regressives are all about States determining their internal affairs on marijuana, but bathrooms, Nooooooooooooooooo, Marriage, Nooooooooooooooo. Just go grab your favorite dildo and fuck yourself.
Yes we are about expanding rights. You are about restricting them.

Fuck you, don't even think about mentioning the will of the voters. You hypocritical pieces of crap, feds rule here, States rule there, you can't have it both ways.

We all know about Jeff Session's spite towards minority groups, and the danger that he'll spend his time as AG attacking civil rights and rolling back protections against discrimination and segregation. But after the sweeping victory Marijuana had on November 8th the country has presented Sessions with a major test; will he undermine state's rights by enacting a federal crackdown on the people's will that Marijuana be legalized for medical and recreational purposes? Or will he stand by the alt-right's supposed principle that says that individual states should decide their own destinies for themselves?

The possibility of Sessions becoming the nation’s top law enforcement official promises to set off a hot debate over the rights of states to operate without federal interference.

Aaron Smith, executive director of the National Cannabis Industry Association, said that Sessions “has long advocated for state sovereignty” and that he needs to ensure that the wishes of state voters are respected. After last week’s election, more than 60 percent of Americans now live in states that have approved either medical or recreational marijuana, or both.

“I believe that President-elect Trump is someone who has a high regard for the 10th Amendment and states’ rights,” said Derek Peterson, chief executive officer of Terra Tech, a publicly traded cannabis company in California.

Aaron Herzberg, partner and general counsel of Calcann Holdings, LLC, a California medical marijuana real estate company, called Sessions “the worst pick that Trump could have made” and warned that marijuana legalization in states such as California, Florida and Washington “may be in serious jeopardy” if Sessions is confirmed by the U.S. Senate.

“It appears that he is intent on rolling back policy to the 1980s Nancy Reagan’s ‘just say no’ days,” Herzberg said.

What a crock of hypocritical carp. You regressives are all about States determining their internal affairs on marijuana, but bathrooms, Nooooooooooooooooo, Marriage, Nooooooooooooooo. Just go grab your favorite dildo and fuck yourself.

Fuck you, don't even think about mentioning the will of the voters. You hypocritical pieces of crap, feds rule here, States rule there, you can't have it both ways.
Yes can't mention the will of the voters in a cycle were a President was elected despite losing by almost 2 million votes.

The Republicans have always been hypocrites on the states' rights issues
Hopefully not this time

The marijuana legalization movement has primarily been propelled by the left. Most of the Republicans are still vehemently opposed to it, even for medicinal purposes.

Actually I have no problem with medical use, if done properly, I have been telling my congressman and State reps that for years.

Yes can't mention the will of the voters in a cycle were a President was elected despite losing by almost 2 million votes.

Don't like the system, see Article 5. Until you do, STFU.

Stop being so butthurt and support state's rights like you claim to

I'll dispense with my desire to see marijuana legalized to have a hard-ass American AG for eight years.

It ain't really that important.

I don't think pot is big on Trump's agenda, and I don't believe cultural trends support Sessions' getting too deeply involved with state affairs.

We'll see.

I hope he goes in and seizes all the crops, the land and prosecutes the States to get every illegal penny they got in taxes. These regressive pukes what total federal control, let's show them what it looks like.

Just as soon as you go to federal court and reverse faghadist marriage, and say just kidding, States should be in control.

I'll dispense with my desire to see marijuana legalized to have a hard-ass American AG for eight years.

I don't think pot is big on Trump's agenda, and I don't believe cultural trends support Sessions' getting too deeply involved with state affairs.

We'll see.

I hope he goes in and seizes all the crops, the land and prosecutes the States to get every illegal penny they got in taxes. These regressive pukes what total federal control, let's show them what it looks like.
Do it. Give the people an excuse to put you tyrants 6 feet under.

Just as soon as you go to federal court and reverse faghadist marriage, and say just kidding, States should be in control.
Ask again in english please

The Republicans have always been hypocrites on the states' rights issues

When Republicans are out of power, they chant State's Rights/Small Government (primarily as a way to limit the power of the Democrats). When they are in power, they use the centralized and coercive power of the Federal Government to impose their agenda on the states. And they don't care about the Constitution when it limits their ability to do something they believe deeply in.

Reagan launched his 1980 Presidential in Philadelphia Missouri, where he marched through the South criticizing Federal Overreach (which was a dog whistle to a population reeling from the Civil Rights Act, which overturned Southern Culture).

Even so, I appreciate Reagan's rhetoric, even if his party has never truly practiced it.

"I still believe the answer to any problem lies with the people. I believe in states' rights. I believe in people doing as much as they can for themselves at the community level and at the private level, and I believe we've distorted the balance of our government today by giving powers that were never intended in the Constitution to that federal establishment."
- Ronald Reagan, August 3, 1980

We'll see.

Hey, that's federal law, according to you regressive asses it's supreme. Stop being a fucking hypocrite and embrace your beliefs. Bye bye pot, bye bye illegals.

We'll see.

Hey, that's federal law, according to you regressive asses it's supreme. Stop being a fucking hypocrite and embrace your beliefs. Bye bye pot, bye bye illegals.
Oh so you're a regressive ass now. Congrats on finally coming out of the closet.

To me that would be regressive.

Pot is not a priority IMO.

I prefer to leave people alone.

I see where you're getting at and you're right.

The 10th Amendment's life matters.

To me that would be regressive.

Pot is not a priority IMO.

I prefer to leave people alone.

Take the money we get for the seized property and taxes and apply it to the debt, a win win.

Forum List

Back