Jeff Sessions may prosecute ‘sanctuary cities’ if confirmed as attorney general

How quickly conservatives suddenly don't care about the 10th amendment !
How's that?

Well righties talk state rights when it comes to everything like marriage , guns , etc .

But now they want to force states to be the INS . Which is a federal thing .

With that comment, let me ask: what does the word "sanctuary" mean to you?

It means the freedom of religious institutions to protect their flock. In 1989, San Francisco passed the "City and County of Refuge" Ordinance (also known as the Sanctuary Ordinance) which prohibits City employees from helping Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) with immigration investigations or arrests unless such help is required by federal or state law or a warrant.

One more example of the hypocrisy of the crazy right wing, allow states to do whatever they support and deny states whatever they don't want.
Who is ICE? State or Federal? So if it's a crime what kind is it?

ICE replaced INS, if you don't know the mandate of either you have no business posting on the issue. A crime within the meaning of the ordinance is any unlawful act not including the original act of entering the national illegally or staying beyond the time authorized under legal entry.

How's that?

Well righties talk state rights when it comes to everything like marriage , guns , etc .

It means the freedom of religious institutions to protect their flock. In 1989, San Francisco passed the "City and County of Refuge" Ordinance (also known as the Sanctuary Ordinance) which prohibits City employees from helping Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) with immigration investigations or arrests unless such help is required by federal or state law or a warrant.

One more example of the hypocrisy of the crazy right wing, allow states to do whatever they support and deny states whatever they don't want.
Who is ICE? State or Federal? So if it's a crime what kind is it?

ICE replaced INS, if you don't know the mandate of either you have no business posting on the issue. A crime within the meaning of the ordinance is any unlawful act not including the original act of entering the national illegally or staying beyond the time authorized under legal entry.
State or Federal was the question

Don't need one, my education allowed me to secure employment with a high salary, great benefits and an early retirement wherein I earned more the year I retired than I did when working. BTW, the above described my undergraduate degree at CAL. My career required an advanced degree as one of the MQ's.

Now you can believe me or not, I don't give a damn. All you have to offer are personal attacks, which suggests you cannot write anything of substance or in rebuttal to my offerings.

Everything Dry Catcher said is subject to verification... And if someone bothers to verify guess what will happen at 12:00 pm on Jan 20, 2017... Can you say President Donald J. Trump, catcher?

How quickly conservatives suddenly don't care about the 10th amendment !
How's that?

Safe place .

Very good. Safe from what?
Persecution.

Don't need one, my education allowed me to secure employment with a high salary, great benefits and an early retirement wherein I earned more the year I retired than I did when working. BTW, the above described my undergraduate degree at CAL. My career required an advanced degree as one of the MQ's.

Now you can believe me or not, I don't give a damn. All you have to offer are personal attacks, which suggests you cannot write anything of substance or in rebuttal to my offerings.

Everything Dry Catcher said is subject to verification... And if someone bothers to verify guess what will happen at 12:00 pm on Jan 20, 2017... Can you say President Donald J. Trump, catcher?

Donald t will be POTUS, and I will refer to him as President Trump, I referred to G.W. Bush as President Bush and every President since posting on message boards with the proper respect for the office. That said, I believe trump lacks the experience, temperament and judgment necessary for the job, and those are not the only drawbacks he will bring to the oval I foresee.

Time will tell if he matures enough to successful and competently do the job - I hope he does for the alternative is too horrific to imagine.

As I wrote, I don't give a damn what you choose to believe, my use of language, grammar and syntax alone are sufficient and necessary for someone to have completed a four-year degree at CAL and and obtain a Master's at San Francisco St. University.

As I wrote, I don't give a damn what you choose to believe, my use of language, grammar and syntax alone are sufficient and necessary for someone to have completed a four-year degree at CAL and and obtain a Master's at San Francisco St. University.

Some how I believe you feel that with all this supposed education you have you are so much better off than someone who has a Certificate from a Tech School in HVAC...
People such as you wry catcher make me want to throw up...

Some how I believe you feel that with all this supposed education you have you are so much better off than someone who has a Certificate from a Tech School in HVAC...

I would never attempt to install, repair or replace the HVAC in my home and anyone else's. Why do you denigrate higher education, and my opinions on a political message board since you've never matriculated from a U. or four-year college? Not a panacea, but degrees in US History and Poli Sci provide greater perspective on current events than does a technical school.

My two adult sons hold blue collar jobs, the older one is a tactile learner, when we would build or put together items he would be half finished before I finished reading the directions; his younger brother was a very good athlete, and choose baseball and basketball hoping for a career in the former. He too works in a blue collar job, and I respect the hard work in their careers. Both attended college, the former has degrees in Math and computer science, the younger had no goal beyond playing ball and never finished school due to shoulder and elbow injuries (he was a pitcher).

How's that?

Safe place .

Very good. Safe from what?
Persecution.

And why would they they be persecuted? Because they were breaking the law perhaps and avoiding federal agents from doing their job?

I would never attempt to install, repair or replace the HVAC in my home and anyone else's. Why do you denigrate higher education, and my opinions on a political message board since you've never matriculated from a U. or four-year college? Not a panacea, but degrees in US History and Poli Sci provide greater perspective on current events than does a technical school.

My two adult sons hold blue collar jobs, the older one is a tactile learner, when we would build or put together items he would be half finished before I finished reading the directions; his younger brother was a very good athlete, and choose baseball and basketball hoping for a career in the former. He too works in a blue collar job, and I respect the hard work in their careers. Both attended college, the former has degrees in Math and computer science, the younger had no goal beyond playing ball and never finished school due to shoulder and elbow injuries (he was a pitcher).

The vice president went on to say, "I believe that we were not letting an terrible lot of people - high school-educated, mostly Caucasian, but also people of color - know that we understood their problems". They're their kids. And they're not racist. "They're not sexist. But we didn't talk to them", he said. He also told LA Times that the Democratic Party is now filled with elites and "a bit of elitism [has] crept in" to the Democratic Party. Numerous Democratic lawmakers have said since Trump's win, based in part on surprise victories in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, that the party didn't do enough to communicate or appreciate working people in struggling areas.
Joe Biden Blames Democrat Elitism In Part For Election Loss

catcher my problem is not with education, my problem is with individuals that believe their shit don't stink because they have an education... Elitists snobs that stick their nose up in the air... You know the type... A cup of coffee at a truck stop would be against all that could ever conceive... Drive 20 miles out of the way to go to Starbucks...
Your view that your degree in History and Poly Sci gives you a greater perspective confirms my thoughts on you... Seems my perspective on the candidates this presidential season may have just been more spot on than yours...

Forum List

Back