Jerry Falwell Jr.: If More People Had Concealed Guns, 'We Could End Those Muslims'

Can you support that?
Please, don't give a fuck!

Maybe then you'll stop constantly humping my leg.

Thanks!

Let me ask you this, Kosh clone,

What did little Falwell mean by this:

"I've always thought if more good people had concealed carry permits, then we could end those Muslims before they walked in," Falwell said.
Provide the context and source and I'll walk you through it.
It won't matter.

:rolleyes-41:

So now you have no idea what he meant but you were sure of what he meant before you bothered to read what he said.

That is Mac Classic.
Yet another straw man. Lie after lie.

Can you go two posts without one of those?

You're one miserable human being.

I asked you to simply tell us what he meant by that sentence. You were sure you knew what he meant before.

So tell me, what does that sentence mean?

He also said,

"There are many good Muslims, many good moderate Muslims."

I agree with him wholeheartedly. I hope he means it.

Of course every time anyone around here comes close to saying anything like that, they get ripped apart by the likes of Mac for being 'PC'.

In a 2½-minute address before dismissing the students, Falwell urged students to take advantage of the university’s free class for concealed-carry permits as a way to counter attacks similar to the bloodshed in San Bernardino, California, on Wednesday.

Yeah, he was talking about jihadists. Who are Muslims.

I realize we're supposed to pretend that's not the case and all.

The problem is when some people confuse 'all S is P' to mean that 'All P is S.'

Most mass shootings/killings in America in the last decade have been done by white christians.
Can you support that?
In a 2½-minute address before dismissing the students, Falwell urged students to take advantage of the university’s free class for concealed-carry permits as a way to counter attacks similar to the bloodshed in San Bernardino, California, on Wednesday.

No, I guess you believe we're supposed to ally ourselves with the mentality of those who spawn the Falwell Jr. types:

You get more despicable every day.

That's not what I said.

And DING!

As the USMB King of the Straw Man, you are aware that you are allowed (1) "that's not what I said" per thread.

You may attempt to communicate with me on another thread, at which point I will determine whether to respond.

You get more despicable by the day.

Is that my cue to give a fuck?

Please, don't give a fuck!

Maybe then you'll stop constantly humping my leg.

Thanks!

Let me ask you this, Kosh clone,

What did little Falwell mean by this:

"I've always thought if more good people had concealed carry permits, then we could end those Muslims before they walked in," Falwell said.

If those murdered in the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston had concealed carry permits, then they could end that Christian before he walked in.

Until such time as both Muslim and Christian terrorists are so equally perceived, Falwell and his ilk will always be wrong.

he is taking over for his father

jerry-falwell-still-dead-if-you-gave-enemahe-could-buried-ma-religion-1371099197.jpg

If those murdered in the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston had concealed carry permits, then they could end that Christian before he walked in.

Until such time as both Muslim and Christian terrorists are so equally perceived, Falwell and his ilk will always be wrong.
Your malfunction is that you don't recognize that a weirdo that may or may not actually be a Christian and goes off like that, does not have the support of Christianity. The same cannot be said of Muslim terrorists. The real danger is people like you, who live in a sea of moral relativity, unable to process the world around them.

Are You Just Sick? What on earth is "extreme" about hoping that students would be able to kill Muslim terrorists if jihadists ever attacked the university? What is "extreme" about that?

Are you saying you would rather see Muslim terrorists able to murder a bunch of Christian students at the university? Is that what you'd prefer?

Your malfunction is that you don't recognize that a weirdo that may or may not actually be a Christian and goes off like that, does not have the support of Christianity. The same cannot be said of Muslim terrorists. The real danger is people like you, who live in a sea of moral relativity, unable to process the world around them.
Wrong.

Terrorists who are incidentally Muslim do not have the 'support' of Islam – that fails as a hasty generalization fallacy; in fact, the notion is complete nonsense, Muslims do not exist as a monolithic entity, no single Muslim speaks for all Muslims and no Muslim is 'representative' of all Islam.

Muslims are as diverse and as varied as Christians and Jews – if a Christian who commits an act of terror is not representative of all Christianity, then to be consistent and logical the same is true of a Muslim.

You're trying to contrive this inane, bigoted notion that Islam is somehow 'different,' that the religion as a whole 'condones' terrorism, and that as a consequence 'all Muslims' must be 'held suspect,' when in fact all you're attempting to contrive is unfounded lies.

He also said,

"There are many good Muslims, many good moderate Muslims."

I agree with him wholeheartedly. I hope he means it.

Of course every time anyone around here comes close to saying anything like that, they get ripped apart by the likes of Mac for being 'PC'.

I don't see much support for the above. Apparently killing bad Muslims is praiseworthy but supporting good Muslims isn't.

Wrong.

Terrorists who are incidentally Muslim do not have the 'support' of Islam

They have to sell that myth to make their Muslim version of anti-Semitism work. They need that myth to justify 'eradicating' Islam.

It coincides with the conservative mantra that the United States is a 'Christian nation'. 'Christian' in that context is what 'Aryan' was to the Nazis. Both symbolize 'purity' and the total rejection of 'diversity'.

lead_960.jpg

"Let's teach them a lesson if they ever show up here."

The president of Liberty University urged students at the Christian school to carry concealed weapons on campus to counter any possible armed attack like the mass killings in San Bernardino, Calif.

"Let's teach them a lesson if they ever show up here," President Jerry Falwell Jr. told students at a convocation Friday.

The call-to-arms was met with rousing applause from students, but some said Falwell went too far when he appeared to be referring specifically to Muslims, the News & Advance reported.

Liberty University President: If More People Had Concealed Guns, 'We Could End Those Muslims'

Update: Falwell defends convocation remarks - 'I'm not backing down'

Wow, that sounds rather extreme to me - especially for a "Christian" university president. Are the Crusades back?

Jesus himself said if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

lead_960.jpg

The president of Liberty University urged students at the Christian school to carry concealed weapons on campus to counter any possible armed attack like the mass killings in San Bernardino, Calif.

"Let's teach them a lesson if they ever show up here," President Jerry Falwell Jr. told students at a convocation Friday.

The call-to-arms was met with rousing applause from students, but some said Falwell went too far when he appeared to be referring specifically to Muslims, the News & Advance reported.

Liberty University President: If More People Had Concealed Guns, 'We Could End Those Muslims'

Wow, that sounds rather extreme to me - especially for a "Christian" university president. Are the Crusades back?

Well, to be precise, someone said Jesus said that.

lead_960.jpg

Well, to be precise, someone said Jesus said that.

Fair point.

Wrong.

Terrorists who are incidentally Muslim do not have the 'support' of Islam – that fails as a hasty generalization fallacy; in fact, the notion is complete nonsense, Muslims do not exist as a monolithic entity, no single Muslim speaks for all Muslims and no Muslim is 'representative' of all Islam.

Muslims are as diverse and as varied as Christians and Jews – if a Christian who commits an act of terror is not representative of all Christianity, then to be consistent and logical the same is true of a Muslim.

You're trying to contrive this inane, bigoted notion that Islam is somehow 'different,' that the religion as a whole 'condones' terrorism, and that as a consequence 'all Muslims' must be 'held suspect,' when in fact all you're attempting to contrive is unfounded lies.
In this reality we have a problem with radical Islam. All over the world. You are an idiot.

Wrong.

In this reality we have a problem with radical Islam. All over the world. You are an idiot.

In "this reality" there is a problem with extremism...to which ideology it belongs doesn't really matter.

How We Know Not All Terrorists Are Muslim

Are All Terrorists Muslim? It's Not Even Close

Forum List

Back