Jesse Jackson takes on tech's lack of diversity

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
March 19, 2014 2:03AM ET

src.adapt.960.high.1395210187014.jpg

He's heading to Hewlett-Packard's annual shareholders meeting to spotlight Silicon Valley's record on blacks and Latinos

I'm not going to comment about this. Between the bullying of Jackson and the propaganda of al Jazeera, what else is there to say? And, I have another 400 RSS feeds to go through for my morning news scan. But, this site has such amazing stuff this morning, I may never get out of it.

Read more @ Jesse Jackson takes on tech's lack of diversity | Al Jazeera America

Oh, while we're discussing the site, just thought I'd stick in some interesting headlines:

Navy Yard Shooting Could Have Been Prevented
With Crimea in his pocket, Putin eyes next step.
Oklahoma unable to buy lethal injection drugs for upcoming executions [why not do is the Islamic way by simply beheading the guy?]
Some wounded Syrians seek treatment from Israeli hospitals. [huh?]

So, back to the remainder of the sites :eusa_whistle:

He's heading to Hewlett-Packard's annual shareholders meeting to spotlight Silicon Valley's record on blacks and Latinos

I'm not going to comment about this. Between the bullying of Jackson and the propaganda of al Jazeera, what else is there to say? And, I have another 400 RSS feeds to go through for my morning news scan. But, this site has such amazing stuff this morning, I may never get out of it.

Read more @ Jesse Jackson takes on tech's lack of diversity | Al Jazeera America

Jackasson is an irrelevant race-baiting retard

He's kidding right?

The tech sector is one of the most diverse in the world. It's been a vehicle for upward mobility for all minorities in this country and has helped many third world nations transform into emerging nations.

Right now..in my work place I am a half latino, sitting next to two full blooded latinos and a guy who is black. Behind me there are people who are Chinese and Indian.

I think what he's looking for is African-Americans (not black immigrants) in non-technical jobs. Lord knows they ain't well represented in the Math and Science departments, and that's got nothing to do with discrimination.

jackson, sharpton, Holder and Obama are the biggest race hustlers, extortionist ever

it's sickening people fall for them and their shit

Oh, while we're discussing the site, just thought I'd stick in some interesting headlines:

Navy Yard Shooting Could Have Been Prevented
With Crimea in his pocket, Putin eyes next step.
Oklahoma unable to buy lethal injection drugs for upcoming executions [why not do is the Islamic way by simply beheading the guy?]
Some wounded Syrians seek treatment from Israeli hospitals. [huh?]

So, back to the remainder of the sites :eusa_whistle:

Jesse Jackson certainly has a First Amendment right to voice his "concerns", he should have done his research better.
Executive Team | HP® Official Site
Supplier Diversity

"Yet as recently as 2011, The Allstate Corp., in alliance with Jackson's RainbowPUSH organization, recognized HP for its commitment to diversity.

"While we certainly agree that diversity is an important issue in corporate America, we're puzzled by Rev. Jackson's sudden interest in HP," HP Executive Vice President Henry Gomez said in a statement emailed to The Associated Press. "Today, HP is the largest company in the world with both a female CEO and CFO, and nearly half of our leadership team and board of directors are women and minorities. Additionally, nearly 50 years ago, HP established the first minority business program in the United States."

Gomez also points out that in 2013, HP spent nearly $1 billion with almost 500 minority business enterprises in the U.S. and an additional $500 million with businesses owned by women.

"We look forward to seeing Rev. Jackson at our shareholder meeting," Gomez said."

I think that Mr. Jackson efforts and energy would be put to use more effectively if he actually tried to INCREASE the supply of QUALIFIED "minorities" to actually compete in the tech field. People can't hire what's not there, "It's widely recognized that the tech industry lacks diversity: About 1 in 14 tech workers is black or Latino, both in the Silicon Valley and nationally. Blacks and Hispanics make up 13.1 and 16.9 percent of the U.S. population, respectively, according to the most recent census data.".

In this day and age for the most part, TALENT and DRIVE is what matters. If people like an "App", they don't give a shit what color the person is, they just want that "App". If people or a company needs a troubleshooter, engineer, etc., most of them don't give a shit what color the person is, they just want a qualified person to do the job.

I think that a VOLUNTARY intern program focused mainly on recruiting talented minorities (in this case Black and Latino) to work in the tech field, would be great. Mr. Jackson, in my opinion, can't put the onus on these companies. Focus on a trade/education, developing a skill and try to work for someone and , or start your own business.

I think what he's looking for is African-Americans (not black immigrants) in non-technical jobs. Lord knows they ain't well represented in the Math and Science departments, and that's got nothing to do with discrimination.

You skipped right over my post..didn't ya?

:lol:

Jackson is a race baiter, and the race he cares about is his. He threatens boycotts and pickets then makes a demand of some sum of money from the threatened and if they pay he goes away. A form of extortion that the Government won't prosecute.

Jackson is a race baiter, and the race he cares about is his. He threatens boycotts and pickets then makes a demand of some sum of money from the threatened and if they pay he goes away. A form of extortion that the Government won't prosecute.

I'll agree with you here somewhat.

Not a big fan of Jessie Jackson.

If there arent enough black people that are qualified to work in technical fields, then maybe he should be talking to black students in black schools, rather than HP. What does HP have to do with it?

He's kidding right?

The tech sector is one of the most diverse in the world. It's been a vehicle for upward mobility for all minorities in this country and has helped many third world nations transform into emerging nations.

Right now..in my work place I am a half latino, sitting next to two full blooded latinos and a guy who is black. Behind me there are people who are Chinese and Indian.

I agree..... tech is the most diverse industry i have ever seen.

jackson just wants to put the racial spin on everything.

That.

any business wants to get the best talent for the lowest price. if black talent was being under utilized then some crass capitalist would find a way to turn the situation into a profit. because that is not happening to any extent that leads me to think that there is little under utilized black talent available. in fact I think that affirmative action policies have thoroughly scoured the black talent pool to the point where many blacks are under qualified and less talented than other candidates of a different racial group.

any business wants to get the best talent for the lowest price. if black talent was being under utilized then some crass capitalist would find a way to turn the situation into a profit. because that is not happening to any extent that leads me to think that there is little under utilized black talent available. in fact I think that affirmative action policies have thoroughly scoured the black talent pool to the point where many blacks are under qualified and less talented than other candidates of a different racial group.

Another that skipped over my post.

And used Jackson's bullshit as a rant against Affirmative Action.

Man I wish you guys could tour Data Centers.

Not everything needs ethnic diversity. Unless he'll tackle the lack of diversity in Southern Baptist churches he's being hypocritical. Some ethnicities gravitate to certain fields because their culture prizes them. Asians dominate the sciences because developing countries need scientists.Established countries who don't know what to do with themselves gravitate to celebrity because they've done everything else. Blacks in the US gravitate to this celebrity obsession because it's available to them. But whining they're underrepresented in the sciences though true, isn't out of any deliberate effort to exclude them so much as they're not encouarged to do much else but sports and entertainment. Maybe if we encouraged our own kids to go into the sciences making scientists into celebrities and paying them at least as much as lower tier pro athletes there'd be some incentive to pursue it instead of just sports and entertainment where all the money and priviledge is to be found.

One of the things that really impressed me about the NYSE was how diverse it was.

There were plenty of black and latino executives and technicians.

Pretty amazing. Same at the place I work at now.

If there arent enough black people that are qualified to work in technical fields, then maybe he should be talking to black students in black schools

There's no opportunity for blackmail in it, that's why he doesn't do it.

Forum List

Back