Jesus' birthday is coming up, so.......................

Jesus' birthday is coming up soon, and everyone is going to be celebrating by giving gifts and eating way too much.

Now, I understand the festivities, but a question about the holiday. It's JESUS' birthday, not yours, so why is everyone giving everybody BUT Jesus a gift? When it's YOUR birthday, does everyone else in the house get a gift but you?

And...................what would be an appropriate gift for Him? Well, since He's the Prince of Peace, as well as the fact that He wants all of us to take care of each other, wouldn't a much better gift be grabbing some poor bum on the street, and taking them out to dinner with you? I've done it before, and sometimes it's one of the best times you could have.

I think that buying and sharing a meal with someone less fortunate would be a very appropriate gift. Much better than stressing about buying crap for someone you know, but also know they don't really need.

Thoughts?

Your confusion comes in confusing two entirely different holidays that have been merged into one.

Christmas was never about Jesus. It became about that when the early Catholic church wanted then-pagans brought into the church, and having then their own festival in December the church in its wisdom let them keep it, but made it about Jesus. All the same stuff like with decorating a tree and gift-giving, but now it's because of Jesus.

For the record, scholars say Jesus' actual birthday wasn't in December. As do most every Christian denomination googling it just now. :)

One would think such an important person's birth would be extremely well-documented, but it isn't.

It isn't as important about his exact birthday, but about him dying for everyone's sins.
No one can die for anyone else's "sins" that is a dumb goyim concept

'

Jesus' birthday is coming up soon, and everyone is going to be celebrating by giving gifts and eating way too much.

Now, I understand the festivities, but a question about the holiday. It's JESUS' birthday, not yours, so why is everyone giving everybody BUT Jesus a gift? When it's YOUR birthday, does everyone else in the house get a gift but you?

And...................what would be an appropriate gift for Him? Well, since He's the Prince of Peace, as well as the fact that He wants all of us to take care of each other, wouldn't a much better gift be grabbing some poor bum on the street, and taking them out to dinner with you? I've done it before, and sometimes it's one of the best times you could have.

I think that buying and sharing a meal with someone less fortunate would be a very appropriate gift. Much better than stressing about buying crap for someone you know, but also know they don't really need.

Thoughts?

Your confusion comes in confusing two entirely different holidays that have been merged into one.

Christmas was never about Jesus. It became about that when the early Catholic church wanted then-pagans brought into the church, and having then their own festival in December the church in its wisdom let them keep it, but made it about Jesus. All the same stuff like with decorating a tree and gift-giving, but now it's because of Jesus.

For the record, scholars say Jesus' actual birthday wasn't in December. As do most every Christian denomination googling it just now. :)

One would think such an important person's birth would be extremely well-documented, but it isn't.

It isn't as important about his exact birthday, but about him dying for everyone's sins.

'

God's son did.
You will find out that it is true when Jesus returns.

Christmas is for suckers who spend way too much money on gifts nobody wants. What a waste.

God's son did.

Do you even know what the term "Son of" meant in those days in Context of the Bible?

And please stop using my name in conjunction with Jesus, it's embarassing.

ROTFL! I'm Jewish, too. I know it seems strange, but, hey, if it makes the Christians happy to believe that, let them believe that.

Biblical scholars believe Jesus was actually born in January.They picked Dec 25 for the celebration because it was an old pagan holiday already being celebrated at the time.

Christmas is at the winter solstice when it's as dark as it's gonna get, and a lot of what grows is dead or dormant. That depressed our ancestors long before Jesus came on the scene. The celebration of the nativity has two central ideas: A light in the darkness and hope for peace. Nothing wrong with either of those, regardless of your beliefs.
The OP's suggestion is fine. When everyone gets done bickering over these stupid inanities, go share what you can with someone less fortunate. It will be one more pinprick of light in the darkness.

Thoughts?

'

God's son did.

A lot of "god's son" have been killed and risen.

Thoughts?

'

God's son did.

paganism

Jesus died on the cross so we could all go out and buy presents for each other.

If i remember the scriptures properly birthdays rememberances or celebrations were frowned upon...Wasnt it the pharoah of Egypt that had his birthday recognised so by pushing the supposed "birth" of the sun/son god would be frowned upon...This shows how far we have fallen from the original concepts that were held dear....December 24 or 25 th is nothing more then the rebirth of the sun in the sky and the turning point when more light starts to shine on the earth showing a rebirth of sorts we should keep that in mind as customs come and go this date is nothing special and neither is the supposed birth of "jesus".....

Thoughts?

'

I'm not only astonished how Antisemites try to misuse Christmas for their idiotic propaganda of hate - I'm also astonished how this hate blinds Antisemites, so they do not even see any longer the difference between Easter and Christmas.

Christmas is for suckers who spend way too much money on gifts nobody wants. What a waste.
I agree.
They use credit cards, too.
Lots of them have heavy debt in January and they spend the rest of the year paying it off.

Prof. Munz here in Germany found out that more religious Christians in Europe including GB are more relaxed and joyful than others during Christmas tide. A reason: More religious people are not so deeply oriented in consumption, presents and prestige.

Last edited:

Thoughts?
Jesus wasn't born on Dec 25

The Dec 25 date is used so the christain religion could be superimposed over previous pagan rituals

Thoughts?
Jesus wasn't born on Dec 25

The Dec 25 date is used so the christain religion could be superimposed over previous pagan rituals

I guess, because Christians celebrate Christmas at December 24th/25th/26th or January 6th/7th the paqans stole the jewish week, gave the days strange names and educated their children to found every quarter a new religion with a tradition of some thousands of years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back