Jesus' birthday is coming up, so.......................

WTF can't people just say "yes, helping the poor is the proper gift to give to Christ at this time, good idea". And then do it.

Instead its nonstop self worship.

You are an Atheist. What's the reason why you try to tell us what we have to do at Christmas? We Christians are not Atheists and I don't see how the belief in Atheism could be able to help poor people.

I'm an agnostic.

I don't have any idea why the english speaking world is so confused. If you are "agnostic" (=not knowing) then you have to do a decision: to believe in god or not to believe in god. You made the decision not to believe in god, so you are an Atheist. To be "an Agnostic" is impossible in a question of belief. You are not able to believe in god and not to believe in god the same time, because this is a contradiction and to believe in a contradiction will lead only to empty phrases without any substance. Agnosticism is not a belief but a philosophy which explains something about the believe in god. That's all.

And your ignorance regarding why human beings help each other is telling of so many who claim to be 'followers' of Christ.

It needs a lot of education before human beings start to help each other.

Instead of just saying "yes I agree,

I don't see any reason why I should agree with anything what an atheist says about my religion.

let's just help people",

Do it. Help other people. But why should you do so? And whatever I am doing or not doing is my own problem and has nothing to do with you. I don't need your allowness for anything what I am doing or not doing.

what you could have done, you instead look to attack other people and see how far you can piss Christ's name.

?

You aren't Christian. Most people that claim to be are not. You are a fan of Christ's and you may cheer for him from afar, but you are not a follower.

No idea what to answer now on this last sentences. You show a very high level of agressions - that's all what I can see in this words. Christians celebrate Christmas only on reason to remember the birth of Jesus, the Christ. Christmas is not an agressive celebration.

I am 99.9999% sure there are no gods,

I'm hundred percent sure there are no gods and I believe in god.

let alone the one you may believe in. But I'm not as arrogant as most religious people who are absolutely sure.

The philosophy "agnosticism" is not a spectrum of belief from 0% to 100% or a reality of gods from 0% to 100%. Agnosticism says nothing about gods. Is speaks only about the creator god. It says we are not able to know god. (What can be wrong too! So no one has first to be an agnostics before he is able to believe in god!) One reason why we are not able to know god is for example because god is the creator of existance. What can we say about the existance of an entity that created existance? Without existance is nothing. Agnosticism is not trivial and it has nothing to do with calculations of probabilities.

Believing in any god does not give you some powers beyond other humans to know such things.

I don't think so.

Its just a belief. If I see verifiable facts supporting a 'god' then I will say there it is.

The universe came out of nothing what we could not call only "nothing" if we think about. Even if parallel universes would exist they would exist only in a common nothing and the only bridge between this universes would be "the logos".

I don't grind an axe either way, but I do rely on evidence.

Hhhn-gnmm ...

So far there isn't any for any god, let alone a particular god. There is a mountain range of evidence for evolution.

Evolution? Agnosticism has nothing to do with evolution.

And yes I call out fake Christians all the time. Some of the most hypocritical people I've met, and this includes relatives, call themselves 'christians'. They don't even try to live that life though. But they'll point fingers and judge others on a nonstop basis.

It was you who said Christian should celebrate Christmas in your way - otherwise they would not be good Christians. So you are self fullfilling your own misrespect.

I celebrate Christmas, love the music and the time of year because people tend to treat other with a lot more kindness. I'm all for that.

You misrespect Christians, you don't believe in god - but you celebrate the birth of the son of god? ... ¿Why not? ... ¿If you like to do so! ... Jesus is not only true god from true god - he was also a completly normal human being like all others.

Jesus' birthday is coming up soon, and everyone is going to be celebrating by giving gifts and eating way too much.

Now, I understand the festivities, but a question about the holiday. It's JESUS' birthday, not yours, so why is everyone giving everybody BUT Jesus a gift? When it's YOUR birthday, does everyone else in the house get a gift but you?

And...................what would be an appropriate gift for Him? Well, since He's the Prince of Peace, as well as the fact that He wants all of us to take care of each other, wouldn't a much better gift be grabbing some poor bum on the street, and taking them out to dinner with you? I've done it before, and sometimes it's one of the best times you could have.

I think that buying and sharing a meal with someone less fortunate would be a very appropriate gift. Much better than stressing about buying crap for someone you know, but also know they don't really need.

Thoughts?
My thoughts are that many homeless people are batshit crazy and could rob you in the parking lot. Most are druggies or alkies or both and created their destiny. If a foreigner can come here while barely speaking the language and make it. Anyone can. In fact, if you can't make it here, you can't make it anywhere.

People that wring their hands over the homeless are fools and they prey on you while you pray for them. If some religious or political belief compels the foolhardy acts, both are done a disservice. You with less money to spend while enabling poor lifestyle choices for those relying on your self imposed guilt and feel goodism.

It is remarkable how often those who smugly declare that they are too smart to believe in God feel compelled to tell those that do believe in God that they are doing it wrong.

So belief in something means you are an expert in it? LOL

There are no experts on religion, there is only opinion. As opposed to knowledge which relies on fact. You can have an opinion about gravity, but your opinion cannot refute fact.

Any opinion about any religion is as good as any other because its about magic. And if you aren't following the religion you claim to be following then be prepared to be called on it. Many people that aren't of a particular religion have still read the book and/or studied the religion. Many have far more knowledge on its workings than you do.

Don't like it? Then try following that which you want to 'preach' to others.

It is remarkable how often those who smugly declare that they are too smart to believe in God feel compelled to tell those that do believe in God that they are doing it wrong.

There are no experts on religion, there is only opinion. As opposed to knowledge which relies on fact. You can have an opinion about gravity, but your opinion cannot refute fact.

Any opinion about any religion is as good as any other because its about magic. And if you aren't following the religion you claim to be following then be prepared to be called on it. Many people that aren't of a particular religion have still read the book and/or studied the religion. Many have far more knowledge on its workings than you do.

I'm not an expert. I have faith. All you have is snark.

Jesus' birthday is coming up soon, and everyone is going to be celebrating by giving gifts and eating way too much.

Now, I understand the festivities, but a question about the holiday. It's JESUS' birthday, not yours, so why is everyone giving everybody BUT Jesus a gift? When it's YOUR birthday, does everyone else in the house get a gift but you?

And...................what would be an appropriate gift for Him? Well, since He's the Prince of Peace, as well as the fact that He wants all of us to take care of each other, wouldn't a much better gift be grabbing some poor bum on the street, and taking them out to dinner with you? I've done it before, and sometimes it's one of the best times you could have.

I think that buying and sharing a meal with someone less fortunate would be a very appropriate gift. Much better than stressing about buying crap for someone you know, but also know they don't really need.

Thoughts?
My thoughts are that many homeless people are batshit crazy and could rob you in the parking lot. Most are druggies or alkies or both and created their destiny. If a foreigner can come here while barely speaking the language and make it. Anyone can. In fact, if you can't make it here, you can't make it anywhere.

People that wring their hands over the homeless are fools and they prey on you while you pray for them. If some religious or political belief compels the foolhardy acts, both are done a disservice. You with less money to spend while enabling poor lifestyle choices for those relying on your self imposed guilt and feel goodism.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." - John Galbraith -

There are no experts on religion, there is only opinion.

Only because you don't know what you are speaking abhout means not that others don't know what they are speaking about. When a french journalist met the first time the Dalai Lama he told him proudly that he don't believe in god - but the Dalai Lama answered only something like: "That's maybe the reason why god sent you to me".

As opposed to knowledge which relies on fact. You can have an opinion about gravity, but your opinion cannot refute fact.

Everyone changes immediatelly his opinion about gravity if this opinion is wrong. We call this process "to learn something".

Any opinion about any religion is as good as any other because its about magic.

You don't know what you are speaking about - that's why everything what you say about religion is without any sense.

And if you aren't following the religion you claim to be following then be prepared to be called on it. Many people that aren't of a particular religion have still read the book and/or studied the religion. Many have far more knowledge on its workings than you do.

What would drive you crazy if Christians would be right?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back