Jesus died for our sins......

You have to WANT to understand? It makes no sense. There is no God.

You don't want to believe it.

Makes no difference to me.
That's right. Spiritual fulfillment isn't related to the fictional "God" at all. It comes from cultivating positive qualities. God isn't necessary for that.

It makes no difference to me if you believe in God. Some do.

Don't you know that heaven is going to be full of gun toting, racist, white conservatives? :)

Still, the point I'm making is that it doesn't make sense that someone else can erase the harm you've done and send you to heaven when you've committed evil acts.

Catholic Christians agree with this. This why there must be repentance (turning away from sin) and reparation/restitution. Where the mercy and love of God come in is that some evil acts are of the kind that only God can heal. Jesus did not give his life lightly, but he gave it so that those who truly are repentant and those who truly make all restitution humanly possible are assured that their offenses are forgiven.

Understand that some (a minority) of Christians hold a belief that believing in Jesus is the only "turning to" they need. They see that as the same as turning from their sins, and believe that all future sins were forgiven two thousand years ago. Not so. The Covenant of Forgiveness of sins was consummated two thousand years ago, but people still must repent and seek the will of God and follow it. Unfortunately, the beliefs of some are taken as something that must be the beliefs of all Christians--and, the majority of Christians hold no such belief.
Yup, a minority of Christians want to speak for all of them. They taint ALL Christians in the same way that Islamic terrorists taint all Muslims.

j'ever wonder why we never see Atheists fighting against leprechauns or unicorns? Isn't that odd? They spend their whole life immersed in this never-ending fight against something they claim to not believe in.... but not leprechauns or unicorns. Where are the Atheists anti-alien posts or anti-fairy posts? Billions of kids believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny, but not one single post do the Atheists devote to those characters. Why is that?

I'll tell you why...
It's because every Atheist has a God-given conscience and they KNOW that God is real.
Balderdash! Arrogance. Sheer arrogance.

Still, the point I'm making is that it doesn't make sense that someone else can erase the harm you've done and send you to heaven when you've committed evil acts.

Catholic Christians agree with this. This why there must be repentance (turning away from sin) and reparation/restitution. Where the mercy and love of God come in is that some evil acts are of the kind that only God can heal. Jesus did not give his life lightly, but he gave it so that those who truly are repentant and those who truly make all restitution humanly possible are assured that their offenses are forgiven.

Understand that some (a minority) of Christians hold a belief that believing in Jesus is the only "turning to" they need. They see that as the same as turning from their sins, and believe that all future sins were forgiven two thousand years ago. Not so. The Covenant of Forgiveness of sins was consummated two thousand years ago, but people still must repent and seek the will of God and follow it. Unfortunately, the beliefs of some are taken as something that must be the beliefs of all Christians--and, the majority of Christians hold no such belief.
Yup, a minority of Christians want to speak for all of them. They taint ALL Christians in the same way that Islamic terrorists taint all Muslims.

A minority of Christians want to speak for all of..who?

Quote, and link, please.

j'ever wonder why we never see Atheists fighting against leprechauns or unicorns? Isn't that odd? They spend their whole life immersed in this never-ending fight against something they claim to not believe in.... but not leprechauns or unicorns. Where are the Atheists anti-alien posts or anti-fairy posts? Billions of kids believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny, but not one single post do the Atheists devote to those characters. Why is that?

I'll tell you why...
It's because every Atheist has a God-given conscience and they KNOW that God is real.

If the majority of this country believed in leprechauns, you can bet we'd be right here to point out your silliness.

I'll tell you why...

If the majority of this country believed in leprechauns, you can bet we'd be right here to point out your silliness.

Carla, is this guy for real? He is starting to remind me of Trump......

I'll tell you why...
Balderdash! Arrogance. Sheer arrogance.
th

I doubt she was an Atheist but for people like Boss, that doesn't matter either ...

Last edited:
He must be annoyed that he died for our sins, and we keep sinning, and worse all the time. Rolling in his grave.

I'll tell you why...

Carla, is this guy for real? He is starting to remind me of Trump......

It is one of his supporters. :)

He must be annoyed that he died for our sins, and we keep sinning, and worse all the time. Rolling in his grave.
No, he's happy, like the guy who holds an open bar, he expects everyone to get sloshed.

I'll tell you why...
Oh Brutha! Now he believes in god. Ok chump, prove god. :popcorn:

If Jesus died for our sins, why am I expected to repent?

Out of love for God, because he made the sacrifice for you. If you really believed Jesus died for your sins, you would WANT to repent and live a Godly life
No, Jesus made the sacrifice. Not god. Otherwise, god died on the cross. Ummm... no.

If I really believed the Jesus paid my bar tab, I'd get drunk for free. So would everyone else. Even you.

If Jesus died for our sins, why am I expected to repent?

Out of love for God, because he made the sacrifice for you. If you really believed Jesus died for your sins, you would WANT to repent and live a Godly life
No, Jesus made the sacrifice. Not god. Otherwise, god died on the cross. Ummm... no.

If I really believed the Jesus paid my bar tab, I'd get drunk for free. So would everyone else. Even you.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's real.

The concept that God can be 3 persons is not something easily understood or accepted, even for Christians.

Just remember, you are not the smartest person in the state, the US, the planet or the universe.
There are things you will NEVER understand.
And there are things only God can empower you with.

The concept that God can be 3 persons is not something easily understood or accepted, even for Christians.

How is it even possible to believe in something that cannot be rationally explained or understood?

The belief contradicts the entire OT. It cannot be easily understood or accepted by anyone who knows the difference between one and three.

It takes a special kind of phony.

Last edited:

How is it even possible to believe in something that cannot be rationally explained or understood?

The belief contradicts the entire OT. It cannot be easily understood or accepted by anyone who knows the difference between one and three.

It takes a lot of prayer, relationship with God and also research (study of the Bible, translations etc.) - the term is called hermeneutics......

God can reveal his meaning in His words to those that earnestly seek Him however....

The belief is irrational and contradicts the entire OT. It cannot be easily understood or accepted by anyone who knows the difference between one and three.

It takes an expanded kind of thinking. Here are two examples often given:

Picture heating a small block of ice on the stove. You can see the ice, the steam, and water. Three in one.

When we be physically present, we send a note--our words. We say, "I'll be with you in spirit." Our words and spirit are part of who we are, and so it is, but in animated form, with God.

The belief is irrational and contradicts the entire OT. It cannot be easily understood or accepted by anyone who knows the difference between one and three.

It takes an expanded kind of thinking. Here are two examples often given:

Picture heating a small block of ice on the stove. You can see the ice, the steam, and water. Three in one.

When we be physically present, we send a note--our words. We say, "I'll be with you in spirit." Our words and spirit are part of who we are, and so it is, but in animated form, with God.

give it up. Your sorcery has absolutely no effect on me.

If scripture is true then God alone is God. He is incorporeal, has no physical shape or material form, and there is no other god either above or below him making it impossible that he is three of anything or ever became a human being.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back