Jesus on Marriage...

That's a lie. Do you understand that? Make your pathetic case.

I already have. Go back and read it yourself. It's not my fault if you don't know how to scroll through pages

LOL. I don't scroll through lies. People have been trying to disprove the Bible for thousands of years and it hasn't worked. Keep trying. LOL.

And people have been trying to prove the bible for thousands of years and it hasn't worked.

That's why they call it faith

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I already have. Go back and read it yourself. It's not my fault if you don't know how to scroll through pages

LOL. I don't scroll through lies. People have been trying to disprove the Bible for thousands of years and it hasn't worked. Keep trying. LOL.

And people have been trying to prove the bible for thousands of years and it hasn't worked.

You're wrong. The Bible has proved itself to contain the word of God to billions of people throughout history. I proved it to myself after years of not believing.

as opposed to minimal typing and less substance.

all y'all are being schooled and all you can do is keep repeating the same stupid shit.

I've quoted the Bible.

Try again. :thup:

:)

peace...

so did rev wright

keep swinging, chuckles

No, rev wright did not quote the bible. Rev Wright doesn't believe the bible. Rev Wright believes in Black Liberation Theology, which is Marxist, not Christian.

Proving that the Bible refers to Homosexuality as Sin and Abomination 100% of the time that it is referenced is easy.

Showing that Christ Embraced said Abomination is Impossible.

peace...

You're wrong. The Bible has proved itself to contain the word of God to billions of people throughout history. I proved it to myself after years of not believing.

that must have been a real challenge.

Back to Leviticus 18 for a moment, one of the reasons that 18:22 is not to be taken as sexual is because of context, with the context seeming to be 18:21 and not the rest of the chapter. I'm not convinced of the contextual argument. Is 18:23 about bestiality? Is there one nonsexual little riff in that chapter in between sexual passages? Or does the chapter take a hard turn from sexual acts to rituals at 18:21 and not return?

I hestitate to ask that for two reasons. First, I understand that I would need to do my own research with sources I trust before I was ever convinced. I simply wish to know how much of Chapter 18 is considered to be about sexual acts in the alternative interpretation which has been presented in this thread.

Second, I am more interested in hearing about Chapter 20 than hearing any further about Chapter 18 so I hope that my asking about that small portion of Chapter 18 I don't take too much attention from Chapter 20.

At Leviticus 18:21 it takes a hard turn and begins to focus on ritual in relation to Moloch. Leviticus 20:13 is nearly word for word what is said in Leviticus 18:22 except that it prescribes the death penalty for whatever act it is referring to. That act remains unclear. It is almost certainly some form of ritual transgression but there is some argument that it has to do with the sanctity of a woman's bed (this is a little more controversial).

But this is also one of those things where ancient culture and modern culture simply don't mix. In ancient times a woman's bed was sacrosanct. To have sex (homosexual or heterosexual) in another woman's bed was...I mean...oh my fucking God you might as well have pissed on the corpse of someone's Mother and the penalty was death. Now again....to use in 21st century culture that seems ridiculous, but to them...that was just the way it went.

So 20:13 is problematic because again it's not terribly clear due to the language what is being forbidden. Is it homosexual activity in general? Is it homosexual activity during ritual? Is it general sexual activity in another woman's bed? Is it defiling the sanctity of a woman's bed with only homosexual activity? It doesn't say and the context makes it even fuzzier.

Now it could mean that we should kill all homosexuals. But just because it might mean that doesn't mean that it does mean that. Realistically, it probably doesn't mean that and I don't think even Newby or Mal would endorse mass executions of homosexuals based on Leviticus 20:13

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del

Nope. It was enlightening and changed my life. I was seeking. If you're not seeking, then you're not gonna find anything. Some people choose to wander in the wilderness.

Yoke dokie slugger. We can pretend that's true. Fundies are so funny. But I say you're bible is nonsense and mine is the real deal and your guy doesnt meet the prophesies.

Prove me wrong

Nope. It was enlightening and changed my life. I was seeking. If you're not seeking, then you're not gonna find anything. Some people choose to wander in the wilderness.

and a lot of people who are wandering in that forest will take the first drop of liquid they can find to quench their thirst even if they know it's poison

Can you Document it outside of an Activist Pro-Homosexual Website?...

Homosexuality is Consistently, from Old to New, called Abomination and Sin.

Repeatedly.

But that's not what was meant, right?...

Document your Claim. :thup:

peace...

already did. get the book I linked to. That's a good start

No... Link and Quote your Claim...

Lotta Typing... Not much Substance. :thup:

peace...

DUDE...you want me to provide a link to 25 years of personal research? Come on man. I gave you a link of where to start. Buy the book I linked to initially and read the fucking thing. Then go do independent research to see if the author is correct. Find sources that support his claims and those that refute them. Then draw your own conclusions. That's the whole point!!!! If you discover it is accurate, then great! You have taken a step toward greater understanding. If you decide he is not, then great...you have received confirmation. But either way you will have stepped toward independent knowledge and away from simply parroting what some pastor has told you to believe.

I told you where to look...it's your choice whether to read it or not.

Yoke dokie slugger. We can pretend that's true. Fundies are so funny. But I say you're bible is nonsense and mine is the real deal and your guy doesnt meet the prophesies.

Prove me wrong

Fools don't need to be proved wrong. Just keep talking and you can that all by yourself.

and a lot of people who are wandering in that forest will take the first drop of liquid they can find to quench their thirst even if they know it's poison

That would be sad. I'll pray for them.

True.....but there is some exciting stuff happening with m-theory that has the potential to combine theoretical physics, religion, and philosophy into one discipline. What is happening in that regard is truly mind boggling.

That would be sad. I'll pray for them.

Talk about missing the point

Forum List

Back