Jet Stream detour from GLOBAL WARMING

I'm not inclined to watch an hour and a half video, but the paper I led this thread with contends that the increased temperatures in the Arctic have caused the development of Rossby waves in the Jet Stream which are responsible for the large amount of Arctic air and snow coming through the US midwest and northeast.

No matter what the weather does, I'm dead certain some AGW quack on the government payroll will write a paper saying global warming caused it.

Not just weather....every thing. If you pass fewer undigested corn kernels after a corn roast, you can bet it was caused by global warming...you have seen the list....everything is caused by global warming. I am surprised they haven't found that it is causing my straight razor to become duller...or sharper...or both.

Warming Arctic May Be Causing Jet Stream To Lose Its Way : The Two-Way : NPR

"The strength of the jet stream is directly proportional to the difference in temperature between the poles and the tropics. When it's strong, the jet stream tends to take a straighter path, but when it's weak it meanders. As the Arctic is experiencing warming at faster rates than the tropics, that difference is getting smaller, so the jet stream is weakening along with it."

"Mark Serreze, the director of the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center, was on the panel along with Francis. He says the idea that changes in the polar north could influence mid-latitude weather, was a new and lively area of research.

"Fundamentally, the strong warming that might drive this is tied in with the loss of sea-ice cover that we're seeing, because the sea-ice cover acts as this lid that separates the ocean from a colder atmosphere," Serreze says.

"If we remove that lid, we pump all this heat up into the atmosphere. That is a good part of the signal of warming that we're now seeing, and that could be driving some of these changes.""

I particularly enjoyed the snow on the beach of the Gulf of Mexico!

NOT!
No.. That's just that sugar white sand. It is interesting that they put it on top of that pier.

If the jet stream "got weaker" than that's great news for Tornado Alley. And the intensity of storms over the CONUS should be lessened.

But there are supposed to be more storms...extreme storms all the time...floods, fires, hail....dogs and cats living together...Biblical I tell you ...... Biblical. Or not.

That's the problem with abracadabra. When the facts don't behave according to your previous abracadabra, your explanations start to collide with one another.

That is caused by global warming and george bush also.

"The strength of the jet stream is directly proportional to the difference in temperature between the poles and the tropics. When it's strong, the jet stream tends to take a straighter path, but when it's weak it meanders. As the Arctic is experiencing warming at faster rates than the tropics, that difference is getting smaller, so the jet stream is weakening along with it."

"Mark Serreze, the director of the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center, was on the panel along with Francis. He says the idea that changes in the polar north could influence mid-latitude weather, was a new and lively area of research.

"Fundamentally, the strong warming that might drive this is tied in with the loss of sea-ice cover that we're seeing, because the sea-ice cover acts as this lid that separates the ocean from a colder atmosphere," Serreze says.

"If we remove that lid, we pump all this heat up into the atmosphere. That is a good part of the signal of warming that we're now seeing, and that could be driving some of these changes.""

So global warming makes winters colder?

You're serious about this theory?

Remember when all the AGW nutburgers were saying that global warming meant there would be no more snow?.

At this point, it amazes me that they can promote their failed hypothesis with a straight face.

I know. I am literally rolling on the floor laughing when I read this stuff.

You can't buy better entertainment!

I suppose it's good that denialists create little forums like this where they can chant their strange cult beliefs back and forth. At least that keeps them off the streets and away from normal people.

On the downside, if they never leave their anti-reality bubbles, they'll keep plunging ever deeper into delusion. That's why I occasionally hold my nose, bust into their rituals, and stage an intervention. It's because I care.

Hot outside?
Globull Warming!!!

Cold outside?
Globull Warming!!

Earthquake?
Globull Warming!!

Volcano?
Globull Warming!!

Hail?
Globull Warming!!

Sleet?
Globull Warming!!

Windy?
Globull Warming!!

Humid?
Globull Warming!!

Snow?
Globull Warming!!

Jet stream?
Globull Warming!!

Fall for anything?
Globull Warming!!

I suppose it's good that denialists create little forums like this where they can chant their strange cult beliefs back and forth. At least that keeps them off the streets and away from normal people.

On the downside, if they never leave their anti-reality bubbles, they'll keep plunging ever deeper into delusion. That's why I occasionally hold my nose, bust into their rituals, and stage an intervention. It's because I care.

The irony of your post is absolutely precious.

We appreciate your concern -- but you are so far into delusion you think these threads are all for OUR benefit? Who STARTED this one? You are perfectly welcome to suit up and play anytime. Instead of coughing up hair balls all over the place..

The irony of those comments!

We appreciate your concern -- but you are so far into delusion you think these threads are all for OUR benefit? Who STARTED this one? You are perfectly welcome to suit up and play anytime. Instead of coughing up hair balls all over the place..

He wasn't referring to the threads, he was referring to the forum. I started this thread. And if you think "playing" is preferable to "coughing up hair balls", you and yours have a very odd way of showing it. Where is your evidence? Where is your alternative causation? Where are the scholarly, peer-reviewed studies that support your rejection of global warming itself, the Greenhouse Effect and human sourcing for our elevated CO2 levels? Where, for instance, is evidence supporting your contention of a non-linear and very inconsistent forcing factor from TSI? You've virtually stopped mentioning that idea yet when I first got here, it was always your central theme.

I have yet to see any of you "playing" All I see is an endless attempt to shit on good science.

He wasn't referring to the threads, he was referring to the forum. I started this thread. And if you think "playing" is preferable to "coughing up hair balls", you and yours have a very odd way of showing it. Where is your evidence? Where is your alternative causation? Where are the scholarly, peer-reviewed studies that support your rejection of global warming itself, the Greenhouse Effect and human sourcing for our elevated CO2 levels? Where, for instance, is evidence supporting your contention of a non-linear and very inconsistent forcing factor from TSI? You've virtually stopped mentioning that idea yet when I first got here, it was always your central theme.

I have yet to see any of you "playing" All I see is an endless attempt to shit on good science.

Oh my the irony and hypocrisy is starting to get thick!

Anyone claiming AGW is "good science" is obviously not connected to reality and despises real science.

So global warming makes winters colder?

You're serious about this theory?

Remember when all the AGW nutburgers were saying that global warming meant there would be no more snow?.
Are you truly the imbecile you're playing here on line, Bripat?

We know you're not stupid, man.

We even suspect you understand the concept of jet streams .

And our friends in Alaska have been treated to warmer temperatures than Chicago, the warmest January temperatures ever observed, 62 degrees in some cases. That, plus repetitive waves of heavy rain there, have triggered record avalanches, including this one outside of Valdez, which officials are calling the biggest they’ve ever seen. Why are they so warm and we’re so cold?

Read more: Tom Skilling explains our bitter winter | WGN-TV

The circumpolar jet stream, nearly circular and at a constant latitude under normal circumstances, looks like this when the temperature difference between the Equator and the Pole shrinks.

629341main_earth_jet_stream-cd8f0e00daf8e787bbd320e776351d785395ea2d-s40-c85.jpg

Do you understand, now, how you got that wrong Patrick?

Forum List

Back