Jews being advised to leave Columbia U

Should Jewish students exit college campues

• Others, and people who voted, post away!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How do you balance freedom of speech with security on a college campus?

When one group of students is keeping other groups of students from freely moving about and being able to attend their classes without fear of harassment and potential violence, then it's no longer 'free speech', its bullying and intimidation.

When one group of students is keeping other groups of students from freely moving about and being able to attend their classes without fear of harassment and potential violence, then it's no longer 'free speech', its bullying and intimidation.
Its pure hipocrisy, did they protest the murder caused by palestine sending rockets into israel randomly murdering innocents= No, they are hearts filled with hatred, hipocrites. satan lead.

People are becoming increasingly disturbed by carnage in Gaza.

And how is protesting at Columbia or any other university going to stop that? How is intimidating and harassing Jewish students and keeping them from attending classes going to influence anything? They're only doing it for their own egos and sense of power, not because they care about faceless people thousands of miles away. If they cared about people's lives, they would have been protesting after 10/7, yet not a peep out of them, ironic isn't it?

I agree.

True…but a college campus isn’t a public space and they have an obligation to their students that needs to balance free speech and a safe environment.

The campus belongs to all students, your heroes are intimidating and forcing students out of 'their' area, yet they own none of it and have no right to keep others from it.

And how is protesting at Columbia or any other university going to stop that?
Protesting makes the issue public, maybe that will create change. That has worked for many things and it is often the young people who initiate it. Of course sometimes it doesn’t work.

How is intimidating and harassing Jewish students and keeping them from attending classes going to influence anything?
It doesn’t, as you can see from the backlash.

But they have a right to protest and as long as they disrupting classes or interfering with other students, it’s their right.

They're only doing it for their own egos and sense of power, not because they care about faceless people thousands of miles away. If they cared about people's lives, they would have been protesting after 10/7, yet not a peep out of them, ironic isn't it?

I don’t think that is true. They are seeing and hearing the news, you would have to be pretty callous not to care. There are students protesting on behalf of the hostages you know, it is no different than protesting on behalf of the Palestinians. People are very passionate about both sides.

The campus belongs to all students, your heroes are intimidating and forcing students out of 'their' area, yet they own none of it and have no right to keep others from it.
I agree. And the colleges have an obligation to all their students to insure they feel safe and feel welcomed. That has to be balanced with free speech.

There are 5000 Jewish students at Columbia. They should figure out their tuition on a daily basis, and then subtract it from the Muslim president’s salary until she restores a safe environment for Jews.

Example: Tuition is $70,000 a year, and there are 180 school days. that means $388 per day. Multiply by 5,000 and you dock her salary by $1.9 million PER DAY.

Now, I can’t find her salary, but her predecessor earned more than $4 million in 2015. So let’s go with that: She owes $1.9 million day 1, and $3.8 million day 2. She can “spread” her debt over 4 years, meaning she will have her salart reduced by $500k for the next four years. That money will go to the Jewish students unable to attend class.

Money talks. Or, she could just resign.

True, they are just bulldozed into mass graves where they can’t even be identified.
HAMAS shouldn’t have committed their massacre, and they shouldn’t have used their own citizens as body armor.

Not the Jews’ fault.

There are 5000 Jewish students at Columbia. They should figure out their tuition on a daily basis, and then subtract it from the Muslim president’s salary until she restores a safe environment for Jews.

Example: Tuition is $70,000 a year, and there are 180 school days. that means $388 per day. Multiply by 5,000 and you dock her salary by $1.9 million PER DAY.

Now, I can’t find her salary, but her predecessor earned more than $4 million in 2015. So let’s go with that: She owes $1.9 million day 1, and $3.8 million day 2. She can “spread” her debt over 4 years, meaning she will have her salart reduced by $500k for the next four years. That money will go to the Jewish students unable to attend class.

Money talks. Or, she could just resign.
Why do you keep emphasizing “Muslim” president Lisa?

Why do you keep emphasizing “Muslim” president Lisa?
What about my solution to make uo the loss to the Jewish students for allowing antisemites to threaten them, and thus drive them off camous?

HAMAS shouldn’t have committed their massacre, and they shouldn’t have used their own citizens as body armor.

Not the Jews’ fault.
At some point, yes, it is also ISRAEL’s fault. They make choices as to how they conduct their war. Saying it’s all on Hamas (or whomever the enemy is) is just a way of trivializing their deaths and has been used used to justify war crimes. I truly don’t get how you can just shrug it off.

What about my solution to make uo the loss to the Jewish students for allowing antisemites to threaten them, and thus drive them off camous?
I think it is stupid. The situation is complex and not entirely on the president (but she is Muslim so maybe that is why you think it is a good idea). Would you consider any protests that are pro-Palestinian to be threatening?

If people feel strongly about this, then they should let their money and feet speak. Donors have a lot of sway and students can choose to go elsewhere in protest. That would (and has) gotten attention.

So…if a Jewish president sides with pro-Israel rioters….we should emphasize the “Jewish” cause…well…bias?
Jewish presidents aren’t doing that, now are they? And they certainly aren’t siding with violent Jews running Muslims off campus because…..wait….thats not happening.

At some point, yes, it is also ISRAEL’s fault. They make choices as to how they conduct their war. Saying it’s all on Hamas (or whomever the enemy is) is just a way of trivializing their deaths and has been used used to justify war crimes. I truly don’t get how you can just shrug it off.
What I don’t get is why you are wringing your hands over the thousands of Russian civilians in mass graves, or the thousands of Ukrainian civilians in mass graves.

Oh right….Jews can’t be blamed.

Forum List

Back