Jews being advised to leave Columbia U

Should Jewish students exit college campues

• Others, and people who voted, post away!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What I don’t get is why you are wringing your hands over the thousands of Russian civilians in mass graves, or the thousands of Ukrainian civilians in mass graves.

Oh right….Jews can’t be blamed.
I don’t recall you ever participating in discussions involving Ukraine, if you had you would have seen I have very strong opinions about the Russian slaughter of Ukrainian civilians and the mass graves, where even children were found.

What “thousands of Russian civilians” in mass graves are you talking about?

I think it is stupid. The situation is complex and not entirely on the president (but she is Muslim so maybe that is why you think it is a good idea). Would you consider any protests that are pro-Palestinian to be threatening?

If people feel strongly about this, then they should let their money and feet speak. Donors have a lot of sway and students can choose to go elsewhere in protest. That would (and has) gotten attention.
All the pro-Palestinian - largely pro-HAMAS - have been threatening.

Compare how uncivilized they are compared to the Jewish rallies. It’s night and day.

I don’t recall you ever participating in discussions involving Ukraine, if you had you would have seen I have very strong opinions about the Russian slaughter of Ukrainian civilians and the mass graves, where even children were found.

What “thousands of Russian civilians” in mass graves are you talking about?
What? The Ukrainians haven’t killed any Russian civilians?

Maybe not as many as they would have had the Russians hid behind children.

Coyote

This thread is about antisemitism so extreme on the liberal university presided over by a Muslim president that Jews cannot even attend class!

It is not another opportunity for you to piss on Israel. Besides, haven’t you insisted that there’s no relationship between Israel and Jew-hate?

Protesting makes the issue public, maybe that will create change. That has worked for many things and it is often the young people who initiate it. Of course sometimes it doesn’t work.

It doesn’t, as you can see from the backlash.

But they have a right to protest and as long as they disrupting classes or interfering with other students, it’s their right.

I don’t think that is true. They are seeing and hearing the news, you would have to be pretty callous not to care. There are students protesting on behalf of the hostages you know, it is no different than protesting on behalf of the Palestinians. People are very passionate about both sides.

It's going to do nothing.

They have a right to protest if they get the proper permits and are given permission. A university is not their property to take over.

They're being lied to and funded by very wealthy people behind very wealthy 'institutions' to create the havoc they're creating, they're being used. Just like the BLM fools.

I agree. And the colleges have an obligation to all their students to insure they feel safe and feel welcomed. That has to be balanced with free speech.

They're failing miserably at their obligation.

Why do you keep emphasizing “Muslim” president Lisa?

Because to think that her being a muslim isn't contributing to her lack of action is naive, she's going to lose her job for letting this go on.

The university should hire a armed bodyguard for every Jewish student and professor. Failing that, he needs to send in the National Guard. This used to be America, not 1939 Germany!

Absolutely unforgivable that Biden is so afraid of offending Muslims that he won’t speak out harshly against the HAMAS supporters.

Because to think that her being a muslim isn't contributing to her lack of action is naive, she's going to lose her job for letting this go on.
She also has said in the past that terrorism is a valid form of protest. She SUPPORTS what the Muslims and their liberal enablers are doing to Jews.

Coyote

This thread is about antisemitism so extreme on the liberal university presided over by a Muslim president that Jews cannot even attend class!

Thread isn’t about the university leader being Muslim Lisa, nor is yet another opportunity for you to piss on Muslims.

It is not another opportunity for you to piss on Israel. Besides, haven’t you insisted that there’s no relationship between Israel and Jew-hate?
No Lisa. What I said is you should be able to and can criticize Israel, a nation, with it being about all Jews. I do agree that antisemites tend to use opposition to Israel as a means to slur all Jews (usually give themselves away by bringing in the typical antisemitic canards’. What YOU want is to label all criticism of Israel as “antisemitism” and it isn’t.

They will wake up, money speaks. All students: Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Black, White, etc should feel safe and welcome at any school. It shouldn’t be cafeteria-style.

The university should hire a armed bodyguard for every Jewish student and professor. Failing that, he needs to send in the National Guard. This used to be America, not 1939 Germany!

Absolutely unforgivable that Biden is so afraid of offending Muslims that he won’t speak out harshly against the HAMAS supporters.
Offending Muslims? You do realize Islamophobia has gone way up along with antisemitism don’t you?

Biden has spoken out strongly. I suspect you consider all protesters who support Palestinian rights or oppose Israeli policies to be “Hamas supporters” and that is a dishonest conflation.

Offending Muslims? You do realize Islamophobia has gone way up along with antisemitism don’t you?

Biden has spoken out strongly. I suspect you consider all protesters who support Palestinian rights or oppose Israeli policies to be “Hamas supporters” and that is a dishonest conflation.
There is NO comparison between the amount of Islamophobia and antisemitism. Students are not issuing death threats to Muslims, nor are they screaming that they are part of a terrorist group that wants to kill Muslims, nor are Muslims being told to stay away from campus because may be attacked.

Stop diverting to Islamophobia. The crisis is ANTISEMITISM, and it’s nearing 1939:Germany levels.

Every single terrorist wannabe carrying a Palestinian flag on campus and screaming for genocide should be detained, and if they are foreigners, deported. The rest of the antisemites should be expelled.

What IS it with liberals? Antisemitism has reached such a crisis level that we have Muslims and their anti-Jew supporters bullying Jews, declaring with delight that they are HAMAS terrorists, holding signs that American Jews are “next,” and the hatred so virrulent that Jewish students are warned to stay away from campus or they could be injured, and we can always count on a leftist to say….….

…..well, Islamophobia is also on the rise.

I don’t see crowds of hundreds ( or Thousands ) marching in Cities to Bomb Iran or Eliminate Hamas or Hezbollah

I don’t see crowds of hundreds ( or Thousands ) marching in Cities to Bomb Iran or Eliminate Hamas or Hezbollah
Liberals race in in the midst of exploding antisemitism, with Muslims screaming for the genocide of Jews, to express concern about.…Islamophobia.

Forum List

Back