Jim Jordan on possible Trump 2024 bid: "I think he's gonna run"

It is likely that Republicans will be making a huge mistake.

According to one senior aide to Donald Trump, the former president is all but certain to run again.

"I would say somewhere between 99 and 100 percent," Jason Miller told Cheddar earlier this month when asked about the chances that Trump runs again. "I think he is definitely running in 2024."

If that is true, a Trump candidacy would be devastating to the Republican Party. With recent laws passed by Republicans in Texas -- a draconian abortion law, an election law designed to restrict voting, a gun law that will turn the streets of El Paso into the O.K. Corral -- faith in today's Republican Party is at an all-time low.

The Democrats are drooling over a Trump run in 2024. Trump got drilled by seven million votes in 2020. If the Republicans run Trump in 2024, it could be 15 million this time.

A Trumpian effort in 2024 seems likely. According to Chris Cillizza, "There's this from Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan during a stop in Iowa -- eyes emoji! -- last week. "I think he's gonna run," Jordan said of Trump. "I want him to run. He's proven he can take the heat.'"

"Now, Trump himself hasn't been as conclusive but he has made very clear he is leaning toward getting into the 2024 race. Trump was barely coy about his future plans in an interview with conservative pundit Candace Owens. "As you know, it's very early," Trump told Owens. "But I think people are going to be very, very happy when I make a certain announcement."

Trump has commitment issues, and he loves drama.

Politico wrote in May:
"Trump is confiding in allies that he intends to run again in 2024 with one contingency: that he still has a good bill of health, according to two sources close to the former president. That means Trump is going to hang over the Republican Party despite its attempts to rebrand during his exile and its blockade of a Trump-centric investigation into January's insurrection."

can he try to be more subtle?

Greeeeeeeat! Mow, just like the whole 4 years Trump was President, the Democrats will now spend the next 3 1/2 years on doing nothing but try to 'get Trump'...

:p

Only one former president, Grover Cleveland in 1892, has ever returned from defeat to reclaim his old office

good luck Donald!

this is why he hasn't announced yet.

from Fox News:

In an interview with Maria Bartiromo on Fox Business, the ex-president blamed election laws for his inability to make an announcement.

“The campaign finance laws, which are antiquated and stupid, OK? Stupid and corrupt in a way. They’re stupid. Doesn’t allow me to tell you that, OK? If I tell you that a whole host of things happen, which are bad. So I can't tell you. I can tell you this. I love our country and you’re going to be very happy,” Trump said.

Tony Fabrizio, who polls for Trump’s Save America leadership PAC, said Trump is paying attention to Biden’s “dismal” numbers.

“You would think his [Trump’s] attitude would be, ‘I told you so.’ But instead, he is angry because he believes rightly or wrongly that the election was stolen from him and that all that has happened under Biden could have been avoided,” he said.

So, you are inferring that Trump isn't going to run in 2024?

You prefer he doesn't?
What does it matter? No administration in American history has ever been this paranoid about a possible opposition candidate less than a year after they were elected. What the hell is going on? Is the hatred for Trump stronger than the support for Biden?

Trump can run but will he get the nomination?
I don't think so.
But if I'm wrong I'll vote for him over Kamala. Xiden is out the door already.
Once Trump figures he stole enough money from his campaign, he'll drop out.

If its Trump vs Kamala I agree but what if its:
Kamala vs Nikki Haley?
Kamala vs Ron Desantis?
Kamala vs Ted Cruz?
Kamala vs Jim Jordan?
Kamala vs Mike Pompeo?

I don't think the GOP alternatives to Trump have high negatives, especially compared to Kamala.
GOP candidates have no high negatives? Try setting the bar higher then the bottom of the Mariana Trench.

Your pals are all lower then whale shit.

If that is true, a Trump candidacy would be devastating to the Republican Party.

The Democrats are drooling over a Trump run in 2024. Trump got drilled by seven million votes in 2020. If the Republicans run Trump in 2024, it could be 15 million this time.
So, you are inferring that Trump isn't going to run in 2024?

You prefer he doesn't?
What does it matter? No administration in American history has ever been this paranoid about a possible opposition candidate less than a year after they were elected. What the hell is going on? Is the hatred for Trump stronger than the support for Biden?
Apparently, Trump Republicans have a reading comprehension problem. Democrats are dreaming of a Trump run in 2024. They are not paranoid about it.

"What does it matter?" This Trump Republican does not regard Trump as important to the future of the Republican Party. More than likely, he just wants to forget Trump.

"What does it matter?"

Trump's VP next time will be DeSantis and they will be very tough to beat. After that DeSantis will be hard to beat for the next eight years. 12 years of quality leadership just might have a chance to straighten out the damage from Biden's shit show.
"and they will be very tough to beat".................. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Trump's VP next time will be DeSantis and they will be very tough to beat. After that DeSantis will be hard to beat for the next eight years. 12 years of quality leadership just might have a chance to straighten out the damage from Biden's shit show.
Ive been hearing whispers of General Flynn.

2 pos running together You repubs are batshit crazy

If its Trump vs Kamala I agree but what if its:
Kamala vs Nikki Haley?
Kamala vs Ron Desantis?
Kamala vs Ted Cruz?
Kamala vs Jim Jordan?
Kamala vs Mike Pompeo?

I don't think the GOP alternatives to Trump have high negatives, especially compared to Kamala.
Kamel V Mike Pompeo...................................................that would be excellent!!!!

Greg

Forum List

Back