Jindal: Rand Paul "unsuited" to be commander in chief

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal took a swing at Rand Paul on Wednesday, calling him "unsuited" to take over as commander in chief.

Jindal slammed Paul's argument as "illogical," insisting instead that "evil and radical Islam" is the only source of ISIS. He also added, though, that President Barack Obama and leading Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton "exacerbate" ISIS.

"The next President's job is to have the discipline and strength to wipe ISIS off the face of the earth. It has become impossible to imagine a President Paul defeating radical Islam, and it's time for the rest of us to say it," Jindal said.

Jindal Rand Paul unsuited to be commander in chief - CNNPolitics.com

New York Congressman Peter King, talking on MSNBC, also raked Paul over the coals on his outlandish comments about ISIS, calling him an "isolationist" who could have fit in with those back in the 1930s. I suspect most Republicans and eve some Democrats will rebuke Paul on this .

Paul, who before this (and his Patriot Act filibuster) had good scores in the polls, could quite likely have talked himself right out of the GOP nomination race. It's hard to imagine him even being re-elected as Senator, let alone run for President.

Why? Because he didn't reduce it to cute little bite-size Islamophobe nuggets like a good little demagogue?

It's revealing you refer to "his outlandish comments about ISIS" without ever mentioning what those comments were. From your own link:

"ISIS exists and grew stronger because of the hawks in our party."
-- Which Jindal, in a classic example of Doublethink, then describes as "taking the weakest, most liberal Democrat position."

Apparently Bobby Brady doesn't know what party Rand Paul is in.
It looks like Rand Paul doesn't know what party HE'S in.

PS - there is no such thing as "Islamaphobe"

No, there isn't.
That's why I spelled it right in the first place.

I think Rand Paul knows perfectly well what party he's in -- he refers to it with the pronoun "our".
For that matter Jindal knows too. What he doesn't know is that dissent is a healthy thing. The story tells much more about Jindal --- that apparently he's a lockstep-bot. That means Jindal's stock goes down while Paul's goes up.
You said "there isn't" You're agreeing that there's no such thing as Islamaphobia ?

And Paul no longer HAS a stock. He has hung himself.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal took a swing at Rand Paul on Wednesday, calling him "unsuited" to take over as commander in chief.

Jindal slammed Paul's argument as "illogical," insisting instead that "evil and radical Islam" is the only source of ISIS. He also added, though, that President Barack Obama and leading Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton "exacerbate" ISIS.

"The next President's job is to have the discipline and strength to wipe ISIS off the face of the earth. It has become impossible to imagine a President Paul defeating radical Islam, and it's time for the rest of us to say it," Jindal said.

New York Congressman Peter King, talking on MSNBC, also raked Paul over the coals on his outlandish comments about ISIS, calling him an "isolationist" who could have fit in with those back in the 1930s. I suspect most Republicans and eve some Democrats will rebuke Paul on this .

Paul, who before this (and his Patriot Act filibuster) had good scores in the polls, could quite likely have talked himself right out of the GOP nomination race. It's hard to imagine him even being re-elected as Senator, let alone run for President.

Why? Because he didn't reduce it to cute little bite-size Islamophobe nuggets like a good little demagogue?

It's revealing you refer to "his outlandish comments about ISIS" without ever mentioning what those comments were. From your own link:

-- Which Jindal, in a classic example of Doublethink, then describes as "taking the weakest, most liberal Democrat position."

With about fifty repub contenders they will have to create ideological space. Why do you call him Bobby Brady?

Bobby Brady -- the TV kid character -- is where Jindal took his name from. Everybody in Sleazeiana knows this.

But yes, good point, they will have to "create ideological space". And there ain't shit wrong with having a view that isn't lockstep with the party line. Anytime anyone anywhere takes a detour like that I think it's a breath of fresh air. Even if the position they take is dead wrong. Because it's better to dare to think outside the box than operate as a parrot.
I think it's refreshing when someone who clearly qualifies for minority victim status instead demonstrates a willingness to assimilate by adopting the dialect and a name conforming to the region.

No, there isn't.

I think Rand Paul knows perfectly well what party he's in -- he refers to it with the pronoun "our".
For that matter Jindal knows too. What he doesn't know is that dissent is a healthy thing. The story tells much more about Jindal --- that apparently he's a lockstep-bot. That means Jindal's stock goes down while Paul's goes up.
You said "there isn't" You're agreeing that there's no such thing as Islamaphobia ?

No I'm agreeing that I know how to spell "Islamophobe" and you don't.
Or maybe you were introducing a feminine version? :rofl:

Only to morons who believe in "RINO"s and the idea that an elected official is there to represent his party instead of his constituents. :lol:

Guess what, he picked up more points than he lost. Deal with it.

With about fifty repub contenders they will have to create ideological space. Why do you call him Bobby Brady?

Bobby Brady -- the TV kid character -- is where Jindal took his name from. Everybody in Sleazeiana knows this.

But yes, good point, they will have to "create ideological space". And there ain't shit wrong with having a view that isn't lockstep with the party line. Anytime anyone anywhere takes a detour like that I think it's a breath of fresh air. Even if the position they take is dead wrong. Because it's better to dare to think outside the box than operate as a parrot.
Party line isn't the issue. Simply having good or bad politics is. Paul's politics on ISIS is too detatched from the reality of the danger of ISIS, and the international jihad in general. Thinking outside "the" box is OK. Being soft on ISIS isn't.

I think it's refreshing when someone who clearly qualifies for minority victim status instead demonstrates a willingness to assimilate by adopting the dialect and a name conforming to the region.

"Assimilate" -- that's what the world told my grandparents too. Had to undo that later, thanks a lot world.

Dialect is something one has no choice on, but ... why would he want to be a "victim" anyway?

Party line isn't the issue. Simply having good or bad politics is. Paul's politics on ISIS is too detatched from the reality of the danger of ISIS, and the international jihad in general. Thinking outside "the" box is OK. Being soft on ISIS isn't.

And how does analysis of its origins and sustenance amount to "being soft" on it?

No, there isn't.

Only to morons who believe in "RINO"s and the idea that an elected official is there to represent his party instead of his constituents. :lol:

I don't CARE how it's spelled.

No, there isn't.

1. Doesn't matter what the spelling of it is. What matters is that you used the word (in Post # 3), as if it actually existed. That's the serious mistake. Spelling is trivial.

2. Again, "party" isn't the issue. Policy is.

No, there isn't.

I don't CARE how it's spelled.

Obviously not. :thup:

No, there isn't.

1. Doesn't matter what the spelling of it is. What matters is that you used the word (in Post # 3), as if it actually existed. That's the serious mistake. Spelling is trivial.

2. Again, "party" isn't the issue. Policy is.

I suppose I could have gone with the adjectvie Islamophobic. But Islamophobe still works as an adjectival noun. And no, it's not a mistake, it's exactly what I meant for the purpose of the thought. Who in the fuck are you to purport to tell me what I can write or what words I can use? :fu:

You have a question awaiting an answer.

And how does analysis of its origins and sustenance amount to "being soft" on it?
As CBS News puts it >> "Paul has embraced a less muscular American approach to global events, arguing the U.S. should be more reticent in committing its own resources to foreign conflicts - either by sending its U.S. troops to intervene or sending U.S. munitions to warring parties."

And how does Paul himself put it ? He calls the Republicans who want to fight and defeat ISIS, "Hawks". I'd call them normal, common sense patriots.

Pure Obamanist isolationism. Paul is going to be the next Charlie Crist. Convert to Democrat and oppose Hillary in the primary. The guy is a full-blooded opportunist, based in isolationism.

As CBS News puts it >> "Paul has embraced a less muscular American approach to global events, arguing the U.S. should be more reticent in committing its own resources to foreign conflicts - either by sending its U.S. troops to intervene or sending U.S. munitions to warring parties."

And how does Paul himself put it ? He calls the Republicans who want to fight and defeat ISIS, "Hawks". I'd call them normal, common sense patriots.

Pure Obamanist isolationism. Paul is going to be the next Charlie Crist. Convert to Democrat and oppose Hillary in the primary. The guy is a full-blooded opportunist, based in isolationism.

Well, we can't have that, can we? Clearly when some kid in Uruguay takes another kid's lunch money we need to be right there on the scene laying down the law, yessiree Bob.

Oh and nice cop-out, putting a response in the mouth of "CBS News" --- and not even linked. By the way, Wilt Chamberlain wrote this sentence for me.

As soon as a 'candidate' talks about 'evil' and 'eliminating from the surface of the earth' any idea, we know they are not qualified for 'Commander in Chief' of the most powerful military the world has ever seen.
Such a deluded individual might make a living as a cleric somewhere, however.

"Assimilate" -- that's what the world told my grandparents too. Had to undo that later, thanks a lot world.

Dialect is something one has no choice on, but ... why would he want to be a "victim" anyway?
Dialect is a reflection of choosing to assimilate or self-segregate.

I suppose I could have gone with the adjectvie Islamophobic. But Islamophobe still works as an adjectival noun. And no, it's not a mistake, it's exactly what I meant for the purpose of the thought. Who in the fuck are you to purport to tell me what I can write or what words I can use? :fu:

You have a question awaiting an answer.
One who knows that Islamaphobia is merely a gimmick "word" created by Islamapologists, Islamists, jihadists, to do what they always attempt to do > silence the critics. And who I am is your teacher (who gave you a zero on the Islamization Quiz) :laugh:

Now for your free lesson regarding the false "word" Islamophobe and Islamaphobia -regardless of how you spell them (and you misspelled "adjective")

There is no such thing as Islamaphobia, or Islamaphobe. This is a creation of Muslim propagandists who are constantly at work trying to subvert America, and all of Western civilization, ("from within" **) and transform it into an Islamic state. A "phobia" is an irrational fear based on nothing. But fear of jihad (violent or non-violent) is perfectly rational, as established by 25,000 violent, Muslim, jihadist attacks since 9/11, and thousands of instances of Islamization in schools, universities, workplaces, various branches of the government, airports, private homes, and the public streets. In addition, false usage of the word "phobia" is offensive to those of us who suffer from a REAL mental illness of a phobia, as I do > (agoraphobia).

** "The process of settlement is a "Civilization-Jihadist Process" with all the word means. The Ikhwan must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad, in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within, and sabotaging its miserable house, by their hands and the hands of the believers, so that it is eliminated, and God's religion is made victorious over all other religions.

(Mohamed Akram, An Explanatory Memorandum on the Strategic Goal for the Group in North America, May 22. 1991, Government Exhibit 003-0085, U.S. vs. Holy Land Foundation, et al. 7 (21).

Obama isn't isolationist. He's more indifferent/surrender.

As soon as a 'candidate' talks about 'evil' and 'eliminating from the surface of the earth' any idea, we know they are not qualified for 'Commander in Chief' of the most powerful military the world has ever seen.
That absurdity would have eliminated Franklin D. Roosevelt as 'Commander in Chief' of the US military during World War II.

Eliminating the evil of ISIS from the surface of the earth MUST be done. No ifs, ands, or buts. Anyone who advocates anything less than that is not qualified for 'Commander in Chief' of the US military.

Donald the Chump has foolproof plans to defeat ISIL? Really? Someone with zero military training, zero military advisors and bad hair is going to defeat them?

Sure..................and unicorns are real and the moon is made of green cheese.
I think he is going to say....You're FIred

Worked for Reagan.
That was just part of his actor gig.

Worked for Reagan.
Worked for Roosevelt. Worked for Truman.

It can be as validly argued that there is no such thing as evil as that there is no such thing as islamophobia.

Forum List

Back