Great news on abortion!

How would

....I know that Americans support abortion access? Easy. When they are given the chance to vote on the matter, they support it with clear majorities.

Ask Michigan. Ask Vermont. Ask Kansas. Even in Florida, ballot measures assuring the restoration of abortion access is polling at nearly 70%.

The American people don't want your extremist Christian Sharia.

So when did the people vote on abortion access in Idaho? Idaho Trigger Law 18-608 wasn't passed by any direct vote of the people. But instead, by the Idaho legislature.

There are Idaho citizens trying to get abortion access on the ballot. But the earliest they'd be able to succeed would be 2026.

I can tell you when the people of Michigan got to vote on it. When the people of Kansas did. When the people of Vermont did. I can tell you when the people of Arizona, Florida, Nevada, and Missouri will.

Well, I cant speak for the state of Idaho, Its not my state and like I said, there are still some things to balance out obviously. Meanwhile someone In Idaho might just have to go to Oregon for an abortion.

....I know that Americans support abortion access? Easy. When they are given the chance to vote on the matter, they support it with clear majorities.

Ask Michigan. Ask Vermont. Ask Kansas. Even in Florida, ballot measures assuring the restoration of abortion access is polling at nearly 70%.

Do you feel as strongly about Muslims who practice Sharia Law? I sure hope so because its much more virulent than anything you will find coming from Christians.

Its just a bad comparison. Real Sharia law limits and subjugates women in so many ways including who they have to mary to being stoned to death. Abortion is one issue.

Well, I cant speak for the state of Idaho, Its not my state and like I said, there are still some things to balance out obviously. Meanwhile someone In Idaho might just have to go to Oregon for an abortion.

Then Concerned was making up an imaginary equivalency. The people of Kansas, Michigan and Vermont clearly voted for abortion access. And the people of Idaho did not. Their legislatures did.

Just evicerating your point "People like this are happy when voters choose whatever is Their opinion on abortion, and then its all great! but then when a majority holds a different view, suddenly it becomes men imposing their will over women!"

The people of Idaho never got to vote.

As for traveling, its often not that easy. You've got towns in Texas along the route to Colorado that are trying to ban travel for abortions.

Which has draconian implications. How do they find out? If you're a woman passing through Lubbock, are you going to be forced to take a pregnancy test when you're pulled over by police? Do you have to do a belly check at state check points? Do you have to take a polygraph proving you're not pregnant?

The State of Texas already has a bounty on pregnant women so that friends and family will turn her in if she tries to have an abortion. And are trying to establish legal precedent that anyone who helps her drive there can be sued for wrongful death.

From a rights perspective, this is nightmare fuel. And PERFECTLY in line with extremist Christian nationalism.

When they are given the chance to vote on the matter, they support it with clear majorities.
Then why are you trying to deny voters in their own states the right to determine. YOU WANT TO DICTATE TO THEM WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO HAVE. That is why the SCOTUS ruled that states' have that right without your fascist ideas that they can't make that decision.

As I lifelong Christian I agree that most states will vote for it and I can most easily accept it.

Then Concerned was making up an imaginary equivalency.
Listen, you mental midget. If you want a national right to abortion, submit a fucking amendment stating that. Get 2/3 of both houses of congress to produce it and pass it with the POTUS signature and then get 38 states to ratify it. Then your assertion that MOST AMERICANS want murder will hold some water. Until then, live with it. The states have the right to determine. Now STFU and troll somewhere else.

This is great news for the vast majority of Americans who support not only a woman's right to choose, but also her right to proper health care. The vast majority of abortion opponents could care less about a newborn. They want to see a woman punished who gets pregnant by accident. In their radical minds, sex is only for childbirth.

Changing state constitutions to protect abortion rights is going to spread like wildfire, and will keep the issue out of the far right court systems.
It's good to see a state shoulder this responsibility. It should never have been any different.

And by 'proven', you mean you just making shit up.

Remember when you said it was 'proven' that Trump won in 2020. And yet when I asked you what the actual vote totals were.....with evidence, you had nothing.

Your imagination isn't evidence of anything. While the voters in Michigan are a clear demonstration that when given the chance to vote on abortion access, the people support it.
No troll. This is not the thread for it.

OK, four states determined their path--that is a far cry from the 38 that are required to pass an amendment to the constitution to force your will on the remainder of the country, fascist.

Then why are you trying to deny voters in their own states the right to determine. YOU WANT TO DICTATE TO THEM WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO HAVE. That is why the SCOTUS ruled that states' have that right without your fascist ideas that they can't make that decision.

Deny voters? We're pushing to get these issues on the ballots so voters can restore abortion rights.

Its not you Christian nationalists who got ballot initiatives up for this election cycle in Arizona, Missouri, Florida, Nevada, and other States.

It was us. And your ilk fought us every step of the way.

You KNOW that the people don't support your extremist Christian Sharia. You know that when the people can vote on abortion access, they support it. Which is why you extremists fight so hard to prevent the people from getting to vote on the matter.

Why the pro life movement doesn't push and mandate contraception is beyond reason. Alot less conceptions are what is needed.

And by 'proven', you mean you just making shit up.

Remember when you said it was 'proven' that Trump won in 2020. And yet when I asked you what the actual vote totals were.....with evidence, you had nothing.

Your imagination isn't evidence of anything. While the voters in Michigan are a clear demonstration that when given the chance to vote on abortion access, the people support it.
Not the Muslim population.

OK, four states determined their path--that is a far cry from the 38 that are required to pass an amendment to the constitution to force your will on the remainder of the country, fascist.

Dude, people so consistently vote to restore abortion access when given the chance, that you had to make up an imaginary Idaho vote of the people on Abortion.

There was no such vote. Idaho trigger law 18-608 was imposed by the State legislatures. Not the vote of the citizens of Idaho.

And your ilk fought us every step of the way in Arizona, Florida, Nevada, Missouri and other States that will be voting on abortion access this year.

Why? Because you know the people support abortion access. You know they oppose your extremist Christian Sharia.

They show us what they know by what the oppose. And the Christian nationalists fight fight tooth and nail to prevent the people from voting on abortion, trying to get it thrown off the ballot.

They know that the people don't support them. They know that when the people get to vote on abortion access, they vote to protect it.

Says who? Says Michigan. Says Vermont. Says fucking Kansas.
Yes we do oppose abortion up to the moment of birth. Which you, by your own words, approve of. The majority of women in the country don't support that either. Your glee at the murder of unborn children marks you.

Yes we do oppose abortion up to the moment of birth. Which you, by your own words, approve of. The majority of women in the country don't support that either. Your glee at the murder of unborn children marks you.

The majority of people believe abortion should be legal in most or all cases. By clear, almost super majorities.

Your ilk won't even make exceptions for child rape survivors.

This is why y'all fight so hard to keep abortion access initiatives and constitutional amendments off the State ballots. Because you know the people don't support your extremist agenda.

Forum List

Back